0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
    You shouldn't speak on a subject you don't know anything about.

Warden will not pick up on OB itself. It will pick up on Innerspace. Any application (or script) that uses IS, runs through IS's app domain. Which means, so long as IS is protected from warden, so is most everything else. (Save file edits, and the like)

Also, the difference between injection and non-injection (Glider for example) is the protection scheme. ISXWarden protects people that use IS, and it does it's job very very well.

There was a banwave a month or so ago, but it wasn't caused by warden. (They slipped something into the exe when the 2.4.2 patch came out) That's been fixed.

Also, if you don't know what warden scans (which you obviously don't) don't bother chiming in with some bad information. You'll confuse people into thinking something that isn't true.
    It's funny that you got so defensive when I didn't mention openbot, or glider, or any other program that injects or reads WoW's memory.

Please enlighten me as to why Warden can not check WoW's memory and see that it has had something injected into it. I haven't seen much on what Warden can do.

[Preview] Open-Bot.NET
    Hello_sir's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did I understand all of this correct..
    Will this bot be able to respec by itself?!
    Will it NEVER get stuck if the character doesnt get bugged or something?!
    Will it be able to go to the AH, buy new gear, go to the mailbox, pick it up and equip it, by itself?!

____

Will it be using waypoints or will it be running randomly in an area?
    Will it be a pain in the ass setting up the features which take you to town for vendoring and such?

This sounds great.
    By Glider + ppather!

Saint-Pasdoy's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice man, hope profile system will not change

sweeper18's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Hello_sir View Post
    Will it be able to go to the AH, buy new gear, go to the mailbox, pick it up and equip it, by itself?!

____

Will it be a pain in the ass setting up the features which take you to town for vendoring and such?

This sounds great.
    By Glider + ppather!
    Previously, OpenBot did not use waypoints, I won't speak for Apoc, but it seems like it would be a step backwards to use them. So expect it to be more like pather in a pathing sense than waypoints. You can read up about what openbot does at www.open-bot.net - index

Apoc's Avatar Angry Penguin
    Thanks G/R
    0/12
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by sweeper18 View Post
    It's funny that you got so defensive when I didn't mention openbot, or glider, or any other program that injects or reads WoW's memory.

Please enlighten me as to why Warden can not check WoW's memory and see that it has had something injected into it. I haven't seen much on what Warden can do.
    I didn't get defensive at all. I corrected you, because you obviously don't know what you were talking about. And rather than have this community get a skewed view of what Warden is actually doing, I'll just correct you.

I never said Warden can't scan WoW's memory. In fact, that's Wardens main prerogative. (It can also scan other windows titles, and other process' as well, but those scans have been turned off for quite some time)

Warden can be circumvented. (ISXWarden, Glider's protection scheme [TripWire, etc]) And it is actively being circumvented. (Obviously...)

____

This sounds great.
    By Glider + ppather!
    Yes, yes, yes.

No it does not use waypoints per-se. It uses the same type of location style as OB.LS. (Set some hotspots, and it roams around near them)

Hopefully it won't be a pain in the ass to setup. (However, some of the more advanced features may be more of a pain)

With great features, and customization, comes alot of setup. It's a tradeoff we're happy to make. (Would you rather have a 2 second setup, with little to no features, or spend 20-30 minutes setting it up once, and have more features than you can throw a stick at?)

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't get defensive at all. I corrected you, because you obviously don't know what you were talking about. And rather than have this community get a skewed view of what Warden is actually doing, I'll just correct you.

I never said Warden can't scan WoW's memory. In fact, that's Wardens main prerogative. (It can also scan other windows titles, and other process' as well, but those scans have been turned off for quite some time)

Warden can be circumvented. (ISXWarden, Glider's protection scheme [TripWire, etc]) And it is actively being circumvented. (Obviously...)

Yes, yes, yes.

No it does not use waypoints per-se. It uses the same type of location style as OB.LS. (Set some hotspots, and it roams around near them)

Hopefully it won't be a pain in the ass to setup. (However, some of the more advanced features may be more of a pain)

With great features, and customization, comes alot of setup. It's a tradeoff we're happy to make. (Would you rather have a 2 second setup, with little to no features, or spend 20-30 minutes setting it up once, and have more features than you can throw a stick at?)
    Ok man, you got me hooked! As soon as this is released, I'm gonna give away my glider with lifetime elite!

Edit: I assume there will be background mode? lol

sweeper18's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You just have a condescending tone over the internet, I can't tell how you actually mean it. You have a different way of talking than I do, no disrespect at all. I love the work you have done with OpenBot, I have have my own copy and have done _a lot_ of changes to the source. It hardly resembles what it originally was lol

it seems like Warden could just watch it's memory and if it didn't put something there and there is something there it would know something was wrong. Of course that would take quite a bit of resources to continually watch all of your memory. With what memory I have dumped, looking for offsets which I am still bad at lol, there seems to be a lot of empty space in the WoW.exe memory

I am a little disappointed that openbot.net will be closed source :[
    I like reading the code of what people write, although it gets a bit annoying when people have variable declared mid function ._.

Thanks G/R
    0/12
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok man, you got me hooked! As soon as this is released, I'm gonna give away my glider with lifetime elite!

Edit: I assume there will be background mode? lol
    Of course. OB has had background mode far before Glider could even think about having it

IS allows us to do just about anything we want with the game.

EDIT:

Originally Posted by sweeper18 View Post
    You just have a condescending tone over the internet, I can't tell how you actually mean it. You have a different way of talking than I do, no disrespect at all. I love the work you have done with OpenBot, I have have my own copy and have done _a lot_ of changes to the source. It hardly resembles what it originally was lol

it seems like Warden could just watch it's memory and if it didn't put something there and there is something there it would know something was wrong. Of course that would take quite a bit of resources to continually watch all of your memory. With what memory I have dumped, looking for offsets which I am still bad at lol, there seems to be a lot of empty space in the WoW.exe memory

I am a little disappointed that openbot.net will be closed source :[
    I like reading the code of what people write, although it gets a bit annoying when people have variable declared mid function ._.
    Yes, I have a condescending tone because I am condescending. Everyone knows that. (And if you use OB, you really SHOULD know that by now) No hard feelings though, just please don't say things that you don't fully understand. (The last thing we need is some paranoia around here from some bad info )

Warden can, but ISXWarden protects against it. I won't go into details, mainly because I don't even know all the inner workings on ISXWarden. (Only 1 person does, and that's Lax... [2 if you count his wife :P])

OB.NET will be closed source for the reasons in the first post. We'd rather not have bloat-ware (OB.LS), and we'd rather be able to maintain it easier. This also makes it so people can't sell our work, with their name on it. (Obviously something we're highly against.)

We don't like the fact that MMOwned has a map sharing section, but since it IS free, and it's not our site, we're a bit more lenient. People who sell map files, and such, are just asshats who want to make a quick buck without doing anything.
    Last edited by Apoc; 07-01-2008 at 08:28 PM.

suicidity's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want it now. Give it to me! I Demand!

cohen101's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    since it's going .Net, couldnt people use the .Net Reflector and decompile the source code themselved?

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by cohen101 View Post
    since it's going .Net, couldnt people use the .Net Reflector and decompile the source code themselved?
    I can almost guarentee that meassures against this will be taken

Openbot is way more advanced than glider already, this will, imo, blow glider out of the water, of course glider will still have a lot of customers, those who just want a semi robotlooking bot that is easy to setup. Openbot is easy as well, but not as easy as glider - you need to read stuff OH NOES.

As for the moment, i and some others, have OB running in EPL (Stratholme) farming the crap out of the instance. getting a few K gold per day and some epics - mailing quite some stuff to a mule, which posts it on AH or sells it.

havent seen glider do that all automatic yet, with AH and such but i might be wrong

Pretty_Mage27's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im going to def re-sub to my IS account when you guys release this.

is bg grinding going to be apart of this new OB?

Baaja's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's something which they are still "arguing" about...I think that the devs would like that too be left for someone as a third-party to intergrate later on! So that they can only focus on the core and it's set of features... But I do believe, that when the time is right, there will certainly be instance/bg/arena features in the core aswell

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by KuRIoS View Post
    As for the moment, i and some others, have OB running in EPL (Stratholme) farming the crap out of the instance. getting a few K gold per day and some epics - mailing quite some stuff to a mule, which posts it on AH or sells it.

havent seen glider do that all automatic yet, with AH and such but i might be wrong
    AWESOME!

Thanks G/R
    0/12
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Baaja is correct. Out of the box OB.NET won't come with BG/Instance/Arena support. (Almost guaranteed it won't be there on first release)

There's plenty of things for third parties to play with to do whatever they want. And the new logic system makes it dead simple to do things as well.

Originally Posted by cohen101 View Post
    Not too worried about this.
    Last edited by Apoc; 07-02-2008 at 09:39 AM.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast