Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad this is cleared up and drama didn't get too much out of hand. To me personally it would make no sense to screw your own business over by stealing accounts. Of course this protection scheme was a very bad bad idea and a security risk in its' own, but I suppose it was implemented with the best intentions. A lesson learned I suppose, hopefully it's not too costly .

Pirox pvpTool 2.1.1 account stealing code is present
    phreec's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn, this resulted in a total shitstorm lol

Had no idea that this is how you prevent cracked users though :|
    But I'll still be using pvpTool as I don't see any reason why I shouldn't. If this is how you prevent unauthorized users, fine with me.

Sariam1992's Avatar Active Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    10/13
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Pirox, I really do like your program.. but I cant put the saftey of my account into your hands anymore after this.. *wanders off to buy gatherbuddy*

valiliv's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PIROX

"I apologize to my community and all others who used my tools and bots"

right now on IRC, botoperator whoever that is, is outright saying (and you are online):

- we have the right to protect our software and will do so. this means action on your WoW account, not just your piroxbots account
    - if you fear for your account then simply dont use it
    - overall answer to everything: "we are a legitimate company so just TRUST US, we have no reason to play around with your accounts, we love our customers, your info will be safe with us, etc etc. just trust us"

Pirox, the exact reason you lost trust is because you think it's OK to remove people from their (priceless) WoW accounts they spent years not, if a cracked pvpbot is turned on on their comp. NO ITS NOT OK, the two are not related, it's OK to ban them from using your bot, it's OK to lodge a police complaint vs anyone trying to sell your cracked bot, but thats it, nothing else. That goes for actual, real crackers that use your program for free on purpose - but imagine how many false positives you will also get and how many innocent accounts would be banned.

Reading the IRC it's crystal clear to me that you really believe for some crazy reason that it's totally OK for your "legitimate reliable trustworthy" company to send Blizzard account info every time some (supposedly cracked) bot contacts you with that little built-in trojan. We are supposed to trust you that you arent storing 10,000s of accts in your office where it's "safe" until maybe a new employee sells the whole batch to china, or Blizzard finally gets some international court to shut you down same as Glider. Since you don't get why users of your bot DO NOT want you in control of their WoW accounts as well, especially since it's done in total secrecy, there is nothing else to add - except please have the next version with a giant EULA window that needs to be electronically signed by each pirox customer, that says "You Agree that Piroxbots has the right to collect all your battlenet info and use that as they see fit if you break any of our terms and conditions". see how the new signups go then.

Caliga's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nesox be cool man.we dont need to fight

needlsd's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i only can imagine how pirox email to blizz look like " here blizz, this useres use a cracked version of my illegal bot"

yeah, dream on. i dont believe u this is only a security method.

fishy_'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then simply dont use it. You are not forced to use the Relogg Function (where u have to put in your Account data).

ferodod's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by fishy_ View Post
    Then simply dont use it. You are not forced to use the Relogg Function (where u have to put in your Account data).
    Well, I'm sorry but I have to say.

If a scammer creates a phishing page to look like the wow account management one, you're not forced to enter your details into that, but, you will because you don't know about the websites true nature..

Since apparently pople don't know about pirox's way of protection, they'll put their details in and not care in the slightest, unless; they come to this thread..

iodine's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by fishy_ View Post
    terrible mantra to start up. why not remove auto relog until you find better hacked copy protection and release a version without it .. and people could choose to have it or not. try and work with the community instead of against it.

a lot of people will not use this bot while that code exists in the source. period.

~Jagris's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by PiroX View Post
    So i am here to clear this out

With the first cracked pvptool 2.0.8 i added a anti crack method to the bot. There are different parts what makes the bot secure for simple cracking (i dont explain what trigger this anticrack)

If the cracker cracks pvptool and use it, the anticrack routine gets active. This part of the code send the set entered acc date to our server to get the info about the cracker.

original pvpTool users of PiroxBots.com never see anything of this part because it will never be activated. You can test this with a network sniffer. The bot will never transfer any acc data.

I say again. We do NOT steal or transfer any account data from OUR users! We love our community and there is absolutly NO reason for us to steal acc data!

I am sorry that my community get this info this way and i hope you dont understand it wrong

This part of the code is now explained and i hope you can understand it
    I request a close of this thread.
    I don't use PiroX, or claim to be a programmer, but if you can tell that it's cracked so that it will activate, why not make it to where it won't work if it's detected as cracked?

Thidan's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/15
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "If not $protectionyouuse = whatever then exit"
    Something like that should wotk.

Submit's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pirox has proven his trustworthiness, if he wanted to steal account, he could have done it a year ago when his bot was free. I highly doubt he is interested in anyones account info, other than those who try to steal his product. Keep up the good work Pirox

Feeble's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

offtopic

Originally Posted by PiroX View Post
    I really apologize for my mistake. I'm always honest to my community and say it here that this is not a lie!
    I know and understand that lots of my pvptool users are disapointed now.

My goal was not to harm my customers or making pvpTool bad. I want you to believe this and think about "why we should get acc data of our customers".

Again here
    I feel very very sorry and bad that i loose the trust of all people.
    I know that i can not reverse it. But i can tell you the truth

I hope you don't leave us and keep continue botting with pvpTool.
    I understand if not.
    I really owned myself with this stupid idea!

I apologize to my community and all others who used my tools and bots
    (offtopic) sorry but I lol'd, I know your trying to be formal and all but this just seemed like the biggest advertising scheme xD with the link to your site and all. Probably because English isn't your first language. But still gave me a giggle.
    Last edited by KuRIoS; 01-11-2010 at 01:35 AM.

HiddenFear's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just curiously, are there any plans to remove this coding that nabs acc data / pass? I've been a long time user of Piroxbots, and I see no reason to stop botting with you, but I (as well as many others) would like for you to remove the code and find an alternate way of stopping cracked version.

Jibberish's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Submit View Post
    Pirox has proven his trustworthiness, if he wanted to steal account, he could have done it a year ago when his bot was free. I highly doubt he is interested in anyones account info, other than those who try to steal his product. Keep up the good work Pirox
    Or he could simply be waiting until someones realizes it, and then pull the ultimate troll banwave . Or better yet send an email telling Blizzard he has a list of thousands of botters and their accounts, and offer to make them a deal.

That would be tragic...ally hilarious.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast