Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Changing Playerchar only

Hi,

I was taking a look at all those Race Swaps/Models and first of all: Nice forum, it's really awesome.

However I was wondering, if there is a way to only change your player model, and not all the models of the same race. Would be great if someone could explain me, how I could change a Race Swap to a Player char only swap (if it is possible).

Thanks for the help.

P.S: I did not find this in the stickies, and didn't find anything with searching. If I missed it I'm sorry.

Changing Playerchar only
    popelgesichtlol's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when you change a race, it does change the WHOLE race, and not the player's race..it isnt possible to just change your model (of your character) unfortunately

Glynbeard's Avatar Mawd Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by popelgesichtlol View Post
    when you change a race, it does change the WHOLE race, and not the player's race..it isnt possible to just change your model (of your character) unfortunately
    You worded that kind of weird, haha.

Anyways, @ OP: Read up on the basics of what model swapping is and remember that its effects are only visible on your client (as that is where the models and such are stored).

This for instance, might shed some light on where you are confused.

Reflection's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And to answer your question: You cannot change only your race. If you change a texture all models which use that texture changes as well as the original file changes.

Freelance Digital Artist
    https://reflectionartwork.deviantart.com
    You did not desert me
    My brothers in arms

Tocasiar's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, thanks for all the answers.
    It's a bit of a shame, because I think it's just weird if a whole race just disappears.^^ Maybe someone manages to do it one time... never give up hope!

This thread can be closed, I think.

Crazy Lazy Unicorn's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if you were to get an item that transforms you into something else (Carved Ogre Idol - Noggenfogger models) and change the model into the race combo you'd like to be? That way it'd seem as though you were the 'only' one changed. Whenever you use the item you can transform and in the Ogre Idol's case, it's mostly indefinite (10 min buff- 10 min cooldown).

Sure if you were to run into that Ogre out in the wild they might all look like big breasted dragon queens...

Glynbeard's Avatar Mawd Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Crazy Lazy Unicorn View Post
    What if you were to get an item that transforms you into something else (Carved Ogre Idol - Noggenfogger models) and change the model into the race combo you'd like to be? That way it'd seem as though you were the 'only' one changed. Whenever you use the item you can transform and in the Ogre Idol's case, it's mostly indefinite (10 min buff- 10 min cooldown).

Sure if you were to run into that Ogre out in the wild they might all look like big breasted dragon queens...

Yep, this is a way around that. However, it'd be a nuisance waiting on a 10 min. cooldown just to see your edit in action.

Crazy Lazy Unicorn's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yes, I certainly agree. However, the Iron Boot Flask - Savory Deviate Delight might be a more semi-permanent workaround. I think I'll have to dust off some of the model/skin edits I have laying on the computer and put them to practical use. No more boring Priestess of Elune for me

I think that the Ninja / Pirate models for Savory Deviate Delights are unique...will have to double check.

Thanks for swift reply Glynbeard Also, thanks to Tocasiar for asking the initial question.