0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Equipment Manager] Save partial sets

As you may have noticed, patch 3.1.2 brought an Equipment manager.

However, it offers just very basic features. You can only create full sets. So for example you cannot set a resistance set which contains 5 parts (if you try to unequip everything else except the resistance parts and save afterwards, the itemslots which didn't have something in it will be unequipped again when restoring such a set)

I just found out a way to save partial sets and will describe the procedure in an example since it's the easiest way to understand.

- first of all, save your normal set without the resistance equipment
    - now unequip everything and equip your resistance parts
    - for every itemslot which is empty, buy some green junk or buy some items via emblems of heroism etc. and equip them
    - save as a new set
    - You should now have two sets, one with the normal equip and one with the resistance equipment and the junk items
    - now, delete/disenchant the greens or let the vendor refund you the emblems which were used to buy items.
    - voilà, you have achieved the desired effect

- to test, simply equip the normal set which should replace all items.
    - now choose the resistance set. only the resistance parts should be changed / rest should stay at the old set

so, even if it's a bit of work to add partial sets, you benefit from server-side storage of your sets and can kick away one addon more, if you don't need the advanced automatic set-equip-features from addons like outfitter.

hope that it helps someone of who and that it's not a repost. I searched for equipment manager but didn't found anything comparable.
    Last edited by Ellesar1; 05-21-2009 at 05:22 PM.

[Equipment Manager] Save partial sets
    madsherlock's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a good guide. And even though it is against the purpose of your post, I recommend people to get the addon called Baud Gear. It works basically just the same as the blizzard equipment manager. The differences are: You can edit sets, you can equip partial sets, when items are missing from the set you are trying to equip, you can choose to see which.
    Plus, it's a light weight addon, and I find it much simpler and better than Outfitter. It has one button which can be placed anywhere around the screen.

+rep for this guide, because it's useful and I hadn't thought of it (because I don't have to).

AlmightyKramer's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't want to say fail, because I don't know many people that understand how to do this correctly anyway. With the gear manager pane open in the char screen, when you hold alt and hover over an item on your character, a window similar to outfitter's hover will appear. The last button on the panel is a circle-cross thing, selecting it will exclude that item from the gearset when you save it. This pane will also appear without the equip manager open, but will not have that button.

Ellesar1's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah kay, good to know how to do it correctly Thanks for your comments.