3/22
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Idea] Scam accounts w/ real info

Well, first thing first, this is just something I've thinked about it, and it CAN get you banned, that is, if the one you are scamming calls Blizzard....because with this scam he actually knows your account name, your password ( optional) , your SQ/A, he doesn't know your email though or it must be that your scam adress is the same email registrated on your wow account ><

First, this only works if you know your SQ/A and can email change. Of course you need to know your accountname and password (optional) or this won't work.

First, instead of finding a victim let we just email change. Make an alternate email adress, and email change it into that. For example:

[email protected] = email adress that is registrated on your wow account.
    [email protected] = email adress you're gonna changing into it.

When you received the verification email on [email protected] , DON'T press the link yet that will change your email.

Now, let's get started, find yourself a victim, someone with the name Henrik sounds nice, yeah let's make an story about him.

Well, Henrik got a nice lv 70 gnome mage, and I've got something what he got, a lv 70 warrior. I just talk casually with him, asking him if he knows his secret answer and if he can email change. He said: Yes. Okay, well I offered him that we are doing email change first, I've changed my email to his email: [email protected] , showed him a screenshot of it and he does the same thing. Next, I ask if he can give his SQ/A because I was the first who gave email change, he agreed because he thought that you can't retrieve account anymore when the email is changed. I gave him my SQ/A too, and lastly we gave both our account names, we didn't exchanged password because we both wanted to retrieve password via mail. Well, I checked it, account name, SQ/A and email change were all correct, of course, on his side too. Now we have traded nice and happily. NOT!

Guess again! You know, you still had that email on [email protected] , the verification email to change your email adress to [email protected] ? Well, now he obviously thinks: "Yeah, what a nice trade, got myself an lv 70 warrior ^^" , well keep an eye on him and wait till he logs off. As in the meaning off: That he goes to sleep or that he shut his computer down.

O btw, he didnt asked for a password because he retrieved it via SQ/A, like I said, password is optional.

When he does that, you go login on [email protected] , click the verification link and guess what? You're email is changed into [email protected] ! Now, just enter in your SQ/A and your password will be retrieved to [email protected]

Next morning, Henrik woked up, wanted to login on the warrior. And wtf? He can't login anymore because password was resetted! Of course he contacted me, and all I can say was: "Dude how the hell happened that?"
    Henrik: "I DONT KNOW I BET THAT YOU SCAMMED ME!!!!"

Me: "Calm down! I know you're a bit overstressed about it, but think, THINK CAREFULLY! Like, I gave you my SQ/A, account name, EVERYTHING WHAT WAS NEEDED TO CHANGE INFO! You even logged into my account, you even retrieved the password on your own mail, HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO SCAM YOU!"

Henrik: "Jeez, you're right....darn it but still, calling Blizzard aint a good idea huh?

Me: "No, it's against their rules blablabla, I think you just inputted the wrong info etc you know, I haven't done anything wrong you know"

Henrik: "Yeah maybe is that it...I just retrieve password via SQ/A"

! ! !

Ohoh, if he does that, then we got a big of problem! When he put in the SQ/A, that is correct. But when he put in his email...^^ , well, when he says that he gonna retrieve password via SQ/A or if he intend to do it, that's your que to say something like: "urgh lulz okay, and don't input the wrong info and accuse me of scamming k?" and then followed by: "well, I'm gonna eat/breakfast/snack/dinner so cya"

Liek, this is only an example, before you log off, be sure to block him and that kind of things, and just hope that he listen to your advise and don't contact Blizzard, because then you are screwed XD.

O well, like I said in titel, this is just an IDEA! And for the information, Henrik is just some goofball I made up, it's all fiction, but I just gave an short example of how it's done.

AGAIN, This scam ain't 100% bullet proof! The purpose of this scam is to make sure the scammed one trust you a bit, like, giving him the real info.

And, once again, This scam CAN get you BANNED. It just depends on luck, and HIGHLY if they call Blizzard or not.

Do the impossible, see the invisible
    Row row, Fight the power.

[Idea] Scam accounts w/ real info
    lol2323's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OMGLOLBBQ! my name's henrik XD

colm
    lol all swedish ppl are called henrik :P

BGHitman's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Confirmed?

Thanks nice! Dude I would + rep you like 50,000 times
    Last edited by BGHitman; 12-10-2007 at 04:29 PM.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Aggrovate's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woo, another scamming accounts post slightly modified.

zooka19's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't forget, When you change the email to [email protected] or whatever also change the phone number. So incase the guy changed the account's phone number also you can change the email and phone (you need both to retrieve password with SQ/A) and you will have a new password in your inbox. Just thought i'd add that incase you guys got stuck with your email on the account but a different phone. Hope it helps. :wave:

ravrave's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by colm View Post
    lol all swedish ppl are called henrik :P
    im not ._.