0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Account Transfers Question

Hello All, Im looking to transfer one of my level 70 characters off my own account, onto a new one (which ill probably go and buy later/tomorrow). Now, the FAQ for it is repetative and a bit all over the place, but I would like to clarify something - Does ONLY the Lastname need to be the same, and the user needs to know the Secret Question of both/the destination account, or does the approval process take into account address, first names, emails and so on? Any replies would be gratefully received, reason im asking is just to make sure I'm getting certain parts of info right and not fluffing £20 xD Thanks,

Account Transfers Question
    Verye's Avatar The WoW Lawyer
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You only need to know the SQA on the account you're sending the char from, not to. It doesn't make much sense but that's just the way it is.

The only piece of information that must match on the destination account is the last name.

So yes, only the last name needs to be the same.
    Last edited by Verye; 02-27-2008 at 03:18 PM.
    Link to my guide: https://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-g...rd-policy.html | I'm retired, please don't PM me. Thanks.

BBQbob's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just 1 more question, is it worth getting the Original account banned, can they follow through (via name) and ban the account it was transferred to or?

Yukazi's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes they can.
    When your account gets banned they usually drag every account with your name on it down along with the original account. I pretty sure that's how it works but you may want to wait for Verye to verify that one.

Now I made a dumb mistake last night. There was a trial account my friend made back in August but I had thought I made it so I upgraded it up to Burning Crusade so I could move a character over. I didn't pay attention to the account information until it told me the names didn't match.
    This is the curse of trying things right before bed.
    Do you think Blizzard will work something out since it was kind of a big goof on my part?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by BBQbob View Post
    Just 1 more question, is it worth getting the Original account banned, can they follow through (via name) and ban the account it was transferred to or?
    I'd recommend you read the section of my guide about this. It's a sticky in this forum. But, to quote from it:

Originally Posted by The WoW Lawyer's Guide to Blizzard Policy
    So, you just scammed an account, but you're scared the guy might recall it? This is the most effective way of "securing" an account from being recalled.

Scam Account A, get the e-mail changed to yours and get the last name. Then set up a second account, Account B, with Account A's last name. Transfer the character from Account A to Account B, then use MountainClimber or Cheatengine or whatever to get Account A banned.

Unfortunately, though, the person can still get their account and character back if this happens to them. To you scammers out there on MMOwned: this explains how your victims would be able to get their account and character back.

If someone has been scammed and their character has gone through this process, you follow these steps:

A. Call Billing and get the e-mail of Account A changed back to yours. They may do it and tell you it's banned, they may not do it because it's banned, or they may not mention anything at all. I'd suggest you say on the phone that you found a keylogger on your computer, your account got hacked, and you need help. They'll hopefully assume the ban was a result of the hacking. If they still won't change it, they'll tell you what you can do, which is begin dialogue with Account Administration and explain the situation to them. This may take time, but through this process you'll be able to get the e-mail changed back to yours.

B. Once your account's e-mail is now yours, you send an e-mail to Account Administration ([email protected] for US, fill out this webform for EU: World of Warcraft Europe -> Support Webform) and explain your situation. You got hacked, you talked to Billing and got the e-mail changed back to yours, but you now see your account is banned. If it looks good enough, they will unban the account. Now, if you've traded accounts in the past, or if you've bought powerleveling, or if you've done anything else suspicious like that, they may conclude you willingly gave your account info and they might not unban the account. But, I'd say most of the time you'll get it unbanned, because you essentially were hacked.

C. Once the account is unbanned, you are now faced with the problem of your character being missing from your account. You must fill out the Unauthorized Character Transfer Form for US, and Account Administration will investigate and hopefully reverse the transfer.

The form for US is here: http://us.blizzard.com/support/chart...webform-us.xml

EU doesn't have a specific form for it, but just e-mail [email protected] after it gets unbanned and say a character is missing from it.

If Account Administration, Billing, and/or the GM department see it your way and conclude that the account was hacked, and conclude that you reported it within an ample amount of time, then they should be able to reverse everything that was done. This also means they will ban Account B, so scammers, when you transfer a character to a new account, try not to make any other characters on it.

Anyway, while this may make scammers feel like it's impossible to keep any accounts they scammed, it can be easy for someone to get their character back but it could be hard or impossible. Time is extremely important for all of this. If you report the unauthorized transfer over 3 months after it happened, they may not restore it. Also, you'd have to know how to do all of this, and most scam victims aren't even smart enough to tie their own shoes, let alone recover a character from a stolen AND banned account.
    So, to answer your question...it is very wise to ban the original account, but keep in mind that even if you get that banned, the person can still get their account un-scammed, unbanned, get the character transfer reversed to get the char back on their account, and get your account banned.
    Link to my guide: https://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-g...rd-policy.html | I'm retired, please don't PM me. Thanks.

BBQbob's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Verye View Post
    I'd recommend you read the section of my guide about this. It's a sticky in this forum. But, to quote from it:

So, to answer your question...it is very wise to ban the original account, but keep in mind that even if you get that banned, the person can still get their account un-scammed, unbanned, get the character transfer reversed to get the char back on their account, and get your account banned.
    Thanks Verye, however, wouldn't Blizzard see that Account A had been banned, and go and ban account B as its under the same last name and the character was moved there, or doesnt that happen?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by BBQbob View Post
    Thanks Verye, however, wouldn't Blizzard see that Account A had been banned, and go and ban account B as its under the same last name and the character was moved there, or doesnt that happen?
    They rarely ever ban multiple accounts, but when they do, it's almost always by payment information. As long as you use different credit cards (or just use game cards) for both accounts, you should be fine. I'd recommend you use different emails, too.

If they both have game cards or different CCs, and different emails, I guarantee you'll be fine.

Also, they don't ban characters: they ban accounts. If your account has a 72 hour suspension with a final warning, transfering your main onto a new account will result in having a totally clean record for that character.