0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PQR vs ProbablyEngine

So, as a small time profile writer I was wondering if anyone has been able to try out both?

I'm looking for positives and negatives of both. Anything from easier to code to easier to use.

I hope this is the right place to put this thread.
    My Website for anyone that wants to get in touch https://easiergaming.wordpress.com/

PQR vs ProbablyEngine
    Mavmins's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PE seems smoother and less resource intensive but lacking in functionality I want in my profiles so im not making any rotations for it yet. I know something like PQI is on the list for development so when that appears im gonna give it a go.

CodeMyLife's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    24/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think beside efficiency PE does not offer much more. Almost same as PQR but bêta and under development. In the end PE will surely Win tought but not by much.

That beign said if you have à good computer PQR is perfect. For low-end comp users PQR is too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Soapbox Rotations Developer

Kinkeh's Avatar Established Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's so much better, there's not even competition. It's not going to have every little thing on release, but performance wise it's a lot better than PQR's. Rotation creation is just as simple if not easier. And as far as rotation creation, there's pretty much nothing you can't do besides things that will be added soon, but don't prevent people from coding anything.

I ported my destru lock that I didn't finish from PQR over to PE and it's just insanely easy, efficient and does with my handles perfectly.
    Last edited by Kinkeh; 11-16-2013 at 11:36 AM.

cukiemunster's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've decided to post my own PQR vs PE numbers for yall. I am a 566 Feral using Cuteone's PQR profile, Cuteone's PE profile, and firepong's PE profile, keeping in mind that both PE profiles are not up to par with Cute's PQR profile...yet. All profiles are 5 minute tests.

PQR: 85.32 million damage, 279.7k dps

PE Cuteone: 75.08 million damage, 247.8k dps

PE Pong: 76.43 million damage, 249.8k dps

NOTE: Pong's does not use CDs, I simply used them manually so all tests were equal.

Kinkeh's Avatar Established Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry cukiemunster but you can't compare numbers at all right now. Most PE rotations aren't close to finished to their PQR counterparts, stuff takes time. PQR has years on PE and not every developer has adapted to PE, even the devs that have already released their PQR port on PE, are not finished.

cukiemunster's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Kinkeh View Post
    Sorry cukiemunster but you can't compare numbers at all right now. Most PE rotations aren't close to finished to their PQR counterparts, stuff takes time. PQR has years on PE and not everyone has adapted to PE.
    Oh I know and well aware. I think that is kind of my point. PE is not that far behind polished PQR profiles just weeks after it is launched. I expect good things from PE in the long run!

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

js1974's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both systems are about the same, PQR has a little more of an FPS hit but to call one better than the other is like comparing shoe companies. I have written profiles for both and used both they are on equal ground. Simplicity in profile writing goes to PE but overall functionality capabilities is PQR hands down.

Both great work from their prospective developers.

wwndrk's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Kinkeh View Post
    It's so much better, there's not even competition. It's not going to have every little thing on release, but performance wise it's a lot better than PQR's. Rotation creation is just as simple if not easier. And as far as rotation creation, there's pretty much nothing you can't do besides things that will be added soon, but don't prevent people from coding anything.

I ported my destru lock that I didn't finish from PQR over to PE and it's just insanely easy, efficient and does with my handles perfectly.
    awesome! is there any way to check out your destro rotation?

floppydrive's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally am loving PE, but since the recent update the speed at which it performs has slowed down . I like both PQR and PE, PQR mostly for healing and PE for tanking and dps .

Mirabis's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm I'm more of a Honorbuddy Coder, tried PQR in the past but didn't like the syntax and code.

ProbablyEngine looks promising though, appealing to say the least.

vitalic's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    8/3
    Trade Feedback
    10 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder how the parser will handle very complex profiles, will there be a point where the task of parsing/evaluating the DSL markup outweighs any other performance gains? Does it have to re-evaluate on every iteration or is there some kind of caching? Also PQR, albeit in a terribly inefficient way, exposes us to location data of game objects that allows for precise range, facing and movement checks, does PE have equivalent (I assume not since it is limited purely to the WoW API) and if not how will people work around that limitation.

Aegeus's Avatar Contributor Walter White CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe you should pose your questions over pon the PE forum Vitalic, you'll get a much better response

“If you don’t know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly.” - Walter White

ProbablyEngine's Avatar Contributor Lead ProbablyEngine Dev CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anything that is possible in PQR is already possible in PE (it's all just Lua afterall), the DSL is meant to allow anyone to create or modify a rotation without any previous coding experience but it also serves as a very well structured priority queue.

The DSL is much more of an effective platform than XML could ever be, and it looks much better imho.

Performance? Well, the most complex of rotations currently public would have to be the Hysteria shadow priest rotation (which outperforms PQR by quite a bit), it is sitting at under 2ms parse time with around 10ms frames (~120 fps).

We're working on PQI features (as people request them, I've never used PQR or PQI).

Last edited by ProbablyEngine; 11-19-2013 at 09:31 AM.

Xelu's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PE is awesome. Thanks all for your contribution!

BTW, IMO with some special functions like PQR_UnitInfo, PQR_UnitDistance... PQR is still more powerful than PE (but sacrifice a lot of performance).

PE could outperforms PQR with tank and dps rotation but not with PVP or healer spec!
    Last edited by Xelu; 11-19-2013 at 09:40 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast