5/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by vitalic View Post
    training dummies are unreliable, especially for assassination, you need to use WoL or something similar to look at the important metrics like envenom and rupture up time, a lot of the small dps gains won't even be noticeable on a training dummy, but they will be on a 5 minute+ fight with full raid buffs/potions/bloodlust etc
    You profiles pretty sexy, and finally a profile that actually pools and keeps rupture up, could only use the others for lfr when lazy. Only thing is I think the CD's hotkey is broken. Can't turn them off after turning them on, they just keep auto using on bosses at the wrong times. Just doing them manually now instead.

[PQR] Rogue/Enhance/Fury/Boomkin profiles
    Sphinctinator's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    training dummies are unreliable, especially for assassination, you need to use WoL or something similar to look at the important metrics like envenom and rupture up time, a lot of the small dps gains won't even be noticeable on a training dummy, but they will be on a 5 minute+ fight with full raid buffs/potions/bloodlust etc
    your profile does not work for me at all. :-( I start it and it keeps going "cannot use that ability" and he sits there and auto attacks

vitalic's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    8/3
    Trade Feedback
    10 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Resignedgod View Post
    You profiles pretty sexy, and finally a profile that actually pools and keeps rupture up, could only use the others for lfr when lazy. Only thing is I think the CD's hotkey is broken. Can't turn them off after turning them on, they just keep auto using on bosses at the wrong times. Just doing them manually now instead.
    Yes that was just a personal preference, I didn't want to have to toggle cds on for every boss in LFR so I just made it always use CDs on bosses, will fix that so it works the same as Blinded's original profile

Originally Posted by Sphinctinator View Post
    your profile does not work for me at all. :-( I start it and it keeps going "cannot use that ability" and he sits there and auto attacks
    Try removing Assassination : Gloves from the rotation if you don't have engineering, I think that causes the profile to break not sure why

Edit: Uploaded a new version: Blinded_Rogue_5.3.rar

Fixed the issue with engineering gloves breaking the profile
    Fixed the CD toggle and it can now be on, off or boss only
    Tweaked Vanish to only be used when Envenom has fallen off and you need combo points
    Tweaked Vendetta to not be used when Rupture is close to falling off
    Last edited by vitalic; 06-02-2013 at 12:21 PM.

Resignedgod's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    5/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes that was just a personal preference, I didn't want to have to toggle cds on for every boss in LFR so I just made it always use CDs on bosses, will fix that so it works the same as Blinded's original profile

Try removing Assassination : Gloves from the rotation if you don't have engineering, I think that causes the profile to break not sure why

Edit: Uploaded a new version: Filebeam - Beam up that File Scottie! (had to use a different host as mediafire is playing up for me)

Tweaked Vanish to only be used when Envenom has fallen off and you need combo points
    Thank you very much, I really appreciate you releasing your profile and the quality of it.

Thanks G/R
    8/3
    Trade Feedback
    10 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Resignedgod View Post
    Thank you very much, I really appreciate you releasing your profile and the quality of it.
    No worries, if anyone has some feedback it would be good as I haven't had a chance to test it in a real raid environment

Also added credit to Blinded and Nerder in my original post

fddbzz's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edit: Uploaded a new version: Blinded_Rogue_5.3.rar

Tweaked Vendetta to not be used when Rupture is close to falling off
    hey vitalic, just notice u had your own profile, tried it out.
    the energy pooling and combo points were amazing! great job! and thanks for releasing it
    btw, is there anyway you can make the profile to cast more multilate/dispatch during shadowblades phase with T15 4sets?
    i noticed my energy almost cap or stayed above 80 when i toggle CD on.

Thanks again.

Thanks G/R
    8/3
    Trade Feedback
    10 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by fddbzz View Post
    hey vitalic, just notice u had your own profile, tried it out.
    the energy pooling and combo points were amazing! great job! and thanks for releasing it
    btw, is there anyway you can make the profile to cast more multilate/dispatch during shadowblades phase with T15 4sets?
    i noticed my energy almost cap or stayed above 80 when i toggle CD on.

Thanks again.
    Thanks for the feedback. As far as I'm aware the basic principles of the rotation still apply during Shadow Blades with 4pc, unless you want to waste combo points or overlap Envenom I'm not sure how you would use up that energy. It should in theory never cap energy because I have a check which ensures it casts Envenom before your energy gets too high.

If you can provide some evidence why that is wrong I would be happy to look into it. It may be that you should just overlap Envenom during Shadow Blades in order to use as many combo point generating abilities as possible, in which case I will need to make a small change.

andreaspts's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AOE seems broken.... dosent aoe at all

Thanks G/R
    8/3
    Trade Feedback
    10 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by andreaspts View Post
    AOE seems broken.... dosent aoe at all
    Yeh that is how it was with Blinded's original profile, I guess he never got around to implementing AOE for assassination.

I added Fan of Knives which is activated by holding left ctrl, so you can use that in AOE situations. Or for less than 6 mobs situations just switch between different mobs and the rotation will do Mutilate > Rupture as it should do. I'm not sure there is any better way to do AOE but I'm open to ideas. I will make the AOE toggle switch to Fan of Knives though so you have the option of using the permanent toggle or holding the modifier if you just need a quick Fan of Knives cast.

The other Rogue profiles seem to have AOE modes but they are useless, they cast Crimson Tempest which is a dps loss for Assassination.
    Last edited by vitalic; 06-02-2013 at 04:43 PM.

andreaspts's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FoK untill 5cp's then that other aoe dmg thingy... forgot the name-.- but as nerder has it. and it would be awesome if u could get hes "option bar" also on the minimap..

but check nerders AOE rotation. its perfect

Thanks G/R
    8/3
    Trade Feedback
    10 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by andreaspts View Post
    FoK untill 5cp's then that other aoe dmg thingy... forgot the name-.- but as nerder has it. and it would be awesome if u could get hes "option bar" also on the minimap..

but check nerders AOE rotation. its perfect
    Actually Crimson Tempest shouldn't be used, Nerder's profile and any other profile using it is wrong. This is what you should be doing for AOE (source EJ/MMO-C):

Q: What rotation should I be using on multiple mobs?
    A: 2-3 targets: 2x Muti > Rupture. Repeat this cycle on all targets while weaving Envenom to maintain SnD. FoK spam during Envenom.
    A: 5+ targets: 2x FoK > Rupture. Repeat this cycle on 3 targets while weaving Envenom to maintain SnD. FoK spam during Envenom.
    I haven't really thought of an elegant way of automating this yet. If you wanted to continue using Crimson Tempest regardless you could cast CT yourself at 5cps.

ph34rt3hcute1's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    7/61
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You would need a way to essentially tab target for the most part, once that is figured out the rest would be simple.

...and thanks for your suggestions vitalic my profile is doing much better now.

EDIT: Come to think of it TargetNearestEnemy() may work...
    Last edited by ph34rt3hcute1; 06-02-2013 at 05:14 PM.
    BadRotations
    Developer

Thanks G/R
    8/3
    Trade Feedback
    10 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ph34rt3hcute1 View Post
    You would need a way to essentially tab target for the most part, once that is figured out the rest would be simple.

...and thanks for your suggestions vitalic my profile is doing much better now.
    Nice, I was going to point you towards this post by Nerder actually:

http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...ml#post2721772 ([PQR] Rogue/Enhance/Fury/Boomkin profiles)

That simcraft is pretty solid so not a bad thing to check your profile conforms to it.

EDIT: Come to think of it TargetNearestEnemy() may work...
    For switching targets it would work, but you would have to keep track of 3 mobs at all times and then cast Envenom/FoK spam once you've Ruptured them all, I'm not sure if anything similar has been done for other classes because I don't like the sound of doing that from scratch.

I think a compromise will have to be made, where you have two different aoe modes (the 2-3 and the 5+), the tab-targeting/mob selection will be done by the player and the profile will just get Rupture up using Mutilate or FoK, and if Rupture is up then try to build to 5cps and Envenom as normal. That would mean you just have to tab target immediately after the Rupture goes up, so that the next global is Mutilate or FoK (depending on the mode) on a fresh target.
    Last edited by vitalic; 06-02-2013 at 05:36 PM.

ph34rt3hcute1's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    7/61
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have some ideas on how to do it, if they work out everyone is more than welcome to use.
    BadRotations
    Developer

Thanks G/R
    8/3
    Trade Feedback
    10 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have some ideas on how to do it, if they work out everyone is more than welcome to use.
    That would be awesome. I will be amazed if it's possible though (at least with auto-targeting), I get the feeling this is something you could only do properly with HonorBuddy or something that has access to the game state in memory.