0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Guide] Fixing Size on Race to Race Swaps

I've been seeing this question a lot lately in the Model Editing help section, so I decided to make a guide on it. This is a guide for fixing your character size and move speed on race swaps. This may also be of assistance for any swap that you want to resize.

Tools needed:
    My Warcraft Studio -
    MyWarCraftStudio-VistaFix.rar (MAY work for Windows XP users)
    Glitchy's Model Editing Suite - http://www.mmowned.com/forums/model-editing-guides-programs/79372-glitchy-s-mes.html

Lets assume you have a race swap from Glitchy's MES or one that you downloaded from MMOWNED. In this case we have a Tauren Male -> Blood Elf Female. However, when you load the patch in game you realize that the Blood Elf Female is far too big. Don't worry, this guide should assist you in fixing the problem.

1) Open up My Warcraft Studio, load your race to race patch that you made or downloaded, select the .m2 (left click it), and then extract the .m2 file to your desktop (do this by right-clicking and hitting extract), in this case tauren.m2. While doing this, right click again on the .m2 and click copy treepath. Paste the treepath into a notepad.

Note: The .m2 file will be under Character -> Your Race -> Your Gender in My Warcraft Studio.

2) We are now going to use Glitchy's Model Resizer Tool. You can find this tool by clicking on the advanced apps box (last box), then holding your mouse over m2 tools, then clicking model resizer. Click Load and Navigate to the .m2 that you just extracted. In the model modifier box and type how many times you want to shrink or enlarge the model by. In this case we are going to be shrinking by about 1.35x. Finally click the shrink or enlarge button. In this case we will be shrinking the model.

*The model is now shurnk, Glitchy's MES will let you know with the message box.

3) We are now going to fix the run speed of the animation so that it looks better in game. Again we will be using a tool made by Glitchy. Go to advanced apps -> Animation Tools -> Animation Editor. Load the same .m2 file that you have been configuring. Under the updated Values blue text you will see a drop down box where you can select animation. Select the run animation. Over to the right you will see a bunch of values. Go down to the Value that says moving speed to the left. Select that value. Change it from 6.94445 -> 5.24445 (This works for Tauren Male -> Blood Elf Female, and should work if you are scaling the model about the same amount, you may have to play with this number a bit until you find the prefect speed. Also note that if you are increasing the model size just add about 1.7 instead of subtracting 1.7 from the moving speed). After you have changed the moving speed value, click save settings. Again you will be notified that Glitchy's MES has done the task by a pop up window that says "Your done you may now eat cake!".

4) We are finally almost done! Your .m2 is now modified with the correct size and movement speed. Close Glitchy's MES and go back to My Warcraft Studio. Go to Pack -> Edit Archive and select your original race swap patch. Right Click on the .m2 and click remove file. It will as Are you Sure: Click Yes.

5) Now click pack -> add file to archive. Click the "..." and navigate to your modified .m2 file. Go to your notepad file and copy the treepath that you found earlier. Paste the treepath over the file name and click ok.

6) You have no completed the task. Click the save button in My Warcraft Studio and close it. Put the patch in your data folder. Make sure that you have the MEF in your wow root directory. Start wow through the MEF and admire your work.

Happy Editing!

Note: If you are having trouble with resizing try this advice. I haven't tested it myself, but it seems to work for some people. I'll try to figure out more about it when I have the time. I didn't need this, but some of you may.

Originally Posted by Svempy View Post
    Edit: Well it semse like when you use 1.35 it will enlarge it by 35 times couse with the dot it like it finish the sentence and starts a new one. But if you use 1,35 it will enlarge it by 35% instead. Im not 100% sure of this but if you try it out it kinda make sence. Maybe the maker of the program, Glitchy can answer this

Heres a picture of how im thinking

Edit: I tried to increase the size the tauren female with 20% and she got very close to the right size, and with the moving I just add 20% to the movement speed and it gets perfect.
    If you are unsure how to resize weapons manually here is a guide: RapidShare: Easy Filehosting (Credits go to SchnuBby). It's the same concept as increasing the size of your character model. Just find your weapons/armor and increase it by the same amount that you increased your character model by. Part of the video is not in English. Hopefully you can figure it out. I think the main part that isn't in English are the copy and pastes.

Note: The .m2 file path that you find in Glitchy's MES can be in any of the various Blizzard patches. It is not necessarily in Patch.MPQ.

More Info on Resizing Items Here:
    http://www.mmowned.com/forums/simple...ize-items.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: This is my first guide and I'll be happy to clarify if anyone needs help. Just post below and I will answer your questions when I get a chance.
    Last edited by *ChAoS*; 09-02-2008 at 04:21 PM.

[Guide] Fixing Size on Race to Race Swaps
    Knomez's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Niice +rep when i can again :P

Glitchy's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +Rep For a nice little guide and becuase people are using the advance features in my app =O

Edit: Might Want to Remove Your name From the Screen Shots ^.-
    Last edited by Glitchy; 04-20-2008 at 08:58 PM.

*ChAoS*'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Glitchy View Post
    +Rep For a nice little guide and becuase people are using the advance features in my app =O

Edit: Might Want to Remove Your name From the Screen Shots ^.-
    Thanks for the rep, suggestion, and MES.

Knomez's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    /gasp rep from glitchy you are offically uber

Walts62's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what am I doing wrong? ><

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u101/Walts62/1.jpg

When i extract it I get this file.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u101/Walts62/2.jpg

When i try to copy treepath i get this.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u101/Walts62/4.jpg

Sorry for being a noob at this Dx

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure that you left click tauren.m2 before you extract. I think my warcraft studio still thinks you have listfile selected.

See how mine is highlighted blue. Yours highlighted grey.

If that doesn't work, try updating my warcraft studio.
    Last edited by *ChAoS*; 04-20-2008 at 10:03 PM.

Walts62's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you!~

H4xoRz00's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not working for me. >.<

bedor's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +rep

my shoulder and my arms dont shrink
    Last edited by bedor; 04-21-2008 at 10:12 AM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by H4xoRz00 View Post
    It's not working for me. >.<
    It should work, where are you encountering troubles?

Originally Posted by bedor View Post
    +rep

my shoulder and my arms dont shrink
    I'm guessing that the armor that goes there doesn't shrink, so it may show it larger. You are probably going to have to do a DBC edit to take care of that. It would probably be easier if you posted a picture.

H4xoRz00's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did a Undead to Gnome conversion with Glitchy's MES and i found out that the Gnome is smaller than the normal Gnomes and well I do what they guide says but instead of shrink enlarge but it stayed the same size.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It shouldn't be the same size if you do it correctly. I've resized about 4-5 models for mmowned users. You may have to play around with the numbers a bit. If its already small and you are trying to shrink it, you may have to increase the times that it is shrinking by (I think you are trying to shrink it, couldn't tell). Glitchy's MES uses a multiplier.

For example if you put a 2 into the box and clicked enlarge model. The gnome would be 2x bigger.

bedor's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here

tha_bishop's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tx a lot for this wonderful guide! +rep

Do you maybe have any idea how to shrink the shoulders/weapons too?

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast