Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Release] gearME a 4.0.6 item swap tool.

**UPDATE**

taken directly from post on ep

gearme v2.

-fixed vista issues, should work fine now.
    -fixed multiple bugs, should have no problem locating items now.
    -increased overall speed of the item search process

-same parameters "gearme id newID"

*currently i have only tested and have confirmed working with windows 7 and vista at this point. i have done no testing with xp as i wrote this tool with address space layout randomization in mind (aslr)

download - gearme

virustotal

and as always, even while this is NOT detectable, use at your own risk!

here is a screen i took of me on retail not 5 minutes ago on my girlfriends laptop, which is vista.

*as for xp, i havent tested it, as i didnt have anyone available for testing, didnt have time etc etc. feel free to try, and post your results.

thank you and enjoy

--------------------------------
    gearME is a simple command line tool for swapping display ids loaded into WoW's virtual address space. thus you can incorporate batch scripts to change whatever you would like.

a complete tutorial and download can be found here - WoW 4.0.6 gear swap tool [gearME]

if enough people are interested and use this tool, i will post the source code as well. its relatively simple.

thanks

edit-

here is a complete tutorial on how to use this tool, since I guess some of you dont know how to use command line tools ;p

-You do not 'click' or execute this tool directly, doing so will just cause it to open and close, this is because the argument parameters are invalid.

-Next, you have just finished downloading gearme.exe. so, for examples sake.. lets make a folder for it. place the executable in that folder. now, inside that folder create a new notepad file.

-in this text document is where you will create the batch script for gearme, its quite simple. an example argument would be

gearme 01234 56789

01234 would be the display id of an item that you want to change. 56789 would be the new id you want to replace it.

for example, you can get your display ids from wowhead.com. please view the screenshot..

so i will share with you for examples sake once again, what i would have inside the text document to regear my paladin.

gearme 28979 62979
    gearme 87323 34258
    gearme 87322 33635
    gearme 6991 33636
    gearme 87297 33637
    gearme 25630 60633
    after finishing your script in the text document, save as --> something.bat

and keep it in the same location as gearme.exe

this does not need to be located in the wow directory, the program itself will detect Wow.exe if it is running and do the work for you.

next, run the script at the logon screen. you dont have to do this, if you do it ingame, you will need to relog to see the results.

you will NOT see the results on your character at the login screen.

run the script by executing the .bat file

and then login and enjoy your results ;p

Last edited by sitnspinlock; 02-18-2011 at 12:51 AM.

[Release] gearME a 4.0.6 item swap tool.
    sitnspinlock's Avatar Elite User CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    new download link. fixed a bug.

Smallzyo's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh wow going to try this out, been looking for something like this ever since glitchy modelswap stoped working.. thankyou so much

Siiamak's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can anyone scan this
    huge thanks as well

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not working, downloaded and whenever you open just closes instantly, can see in the time it is open that it says error usage example or something ;s

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    read the tutorial

it is a command line tool, it needs to be run from command prompt or a batch script in the same directory as gearme.exe. simply clicking on it to run it will just open and close it because no arguments were passed.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok i can manage that, will i need to put it in my wow directory or can i just leave it on desktop, also where can i find the ids for the items then i can put into the command?

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Smallzyo View Post
    ok i can manage that, will i need to put it in my wow directory or can i just leave it on desktop, also where can i find the ids for the items then i can put into the command?
    nope, just needs to be in the same directory as your batch script for it. you can run it from anywhere, it will detect Wow.exe running and modify the ids for you

also, item display ids can be found in the dbc. but if you arent up to that, you can search for the item you want on wowhead.com, view source, and they store items there by display id.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Smallzyo; 02-14-2011 at 05:18 PM. Reason: post not valid anylonger

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you dont understand? i can try to explain it better :P

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no i posted that becuase you posted about the wowhead thing in an edit i think, so im getting somewhere, i opened cmd, dragged gearme.exe into it and it ave me the right directory in cmd if you know what i mean i deleted the .exe of the end so it looked like c:users\me>c:users\me\desktop\gearme\gearME 61328 32837. i entered it and it said wow.exe found, handle obtained, finding:61328, Replacing with: 32837, item found!, memory write succes.
    I opened wow but nothing had changed, perhaps i got the item ids wrong, i just took the id that was in the adress on the wowhead webpage, im not sure if that was right i assumed.. but im not getting any changes ingame, am i doing anything wrong?

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no i posted that becuase you posted about the wowhead thing in an edit i think, so im getting somewhere, i opened cmd, dragged gearme.exe into it and it ave me the right directory in cmd if you know what i mean i deleted the .exe of the end so it looked like c:users\me>c:users\me\desktop\gearme\gearME 61328 32837. i entered it and it said wow.exe found, handle obtained, finding:61328, Replacing with: 32837, item found!, memory write succes.
    I opened wow but nothing had changed, perhaps i got the item ids wrong, i just took the id that was in the adress on the wowhead webpage, im not sure if that was right i assumed.. but im not getting any changes ingame, am i doing anything wrong?
    if you got that far, and saw 'memory write success' then the only thing you did wrong was mess up the display ids also, like i said in the tut, if you did it while ingame you would need to relog to see the result.

happy item swapping

-oh, its not the decimal value from the url. you would need to view the page source, then do a text search for display id, if you are using wowhead.

Maivel's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very impressive that someone figured this out!
    Works like a charm. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

I'll be posting a stupid-friendly guide on how to use this program later tonight, I will also include a notepad document that has the name and display id's of all items up to the latest Wrath of the Lich King patch.(You'll have to search wowhead for cataclysm and later display id's for now, sorry).

karliqt's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "the program cant start because MSVCP100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."
    While MSVCP100.dll is residing within my system32 folder. any tips ? Been looking for something along Glitchy's ever since it stopped working, can't play with the current ugly models ingame, need a fix.

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by karliqt View Post
    "the program cant start because MSVCP100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."
    While MSVCP100.dll is residing within my system32 folder. any tips ? Been looking for something along Glitchy's ever since it stopped working, can't play with the current ugly models ingame, need a fix.
    you will need this - Download details: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)

also, are you running vista?

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast