Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Guide]Hunters Full PvP guide!!

Hey its me Tomac123..
    This is my guide on Hunter PvP..(THIS IS 100% MINE AND ONLY FOR MMOWNED!! DONT LEECH THIS FFS!!)

Firstly its better to have a Night Elf or Dwarf Hunter... Please dont choose a draenei because they can only cast Gift of naaru..

When fighting warriors:

When you are fighting a warrior remember only 1 thing they will keep on hamstring and charging you.. Sooo... All you have to do is place traps and wing clip and run.. IF ur pets doesnt stop attacking after trap (2.4x Bug blizz cant fix yet) Then just medallion of alliance/horde it and run!! then pwn the warrior llike you have never done before!! Pwn3d!!

When fighting Warlocks:

Remember... All locks do is fear and dots.. SOO.. use ur medallion of alliance/horde when they fear and silence them (Marksman) or use that skill that BM's have.. forgot wats it called because im a Markman (I have 2000+ 2vs2 rating )

When fighting Priests:

Shadow priests are the hardest.. they fear you and then dot u like warlocks but priests have 30 sec fear cooldown.. SOO.. you just pwn them after fear or medallion it!!

When fighting Shamans:

They always use Frost Shock so stay away from Enhancement shamans.. but stay close to elemental and resto shamans..

When fighting Paladins:

Remember if u start pwning them... THEY HAVE STUPID BUBBLE... So wait for bubble to end by just running the other way.. love doing that in 2vs2

When fighting Mages:

Just stay close to them.. when they frost nova. silence shot them or use Bestial Wrath.. And p3w p3w they are dead!

When fighting rouges:

Only dispell there kidney shot because cheap shot is only 2-3 sec stun.. kidney is 6 sec :*( And p3w p3w them

BEST HUNTER SKILLS EVER!!! WING CLIP FTW!!!

All you have to do to win in meele is use Wing Clip so thats why i voted Wing Clip the best hunter skill!! (before WOtLK comes out..) So guys if you need help against any more classes.. just PM me for gods sake .. Another thing.. Easiest PvP tactic = Wing clip.. run away... then wait for wing clip to end.. (while its ending u some non cd shot...) then use arcane shot (or aimed shot if marksman) then multi-shot.. then stings... keep doing that and in a few seconds.. target is dead

Good luck pwning!! Tomac123
    Last edited by Tomac123; 05-24-2008 at 04:51 AM. Reason: Added colour :D
    <<1337

[Guide]Hunters Full PvP guide!!
    stormer's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Niiice guiide ^^
    https://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-guides/150097-how-make-awesome-signatures.html

Kezah's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basically all you say is "pwn them" and "use medallion"...

Tomac123's Avatar Sergeant Major
    Thanks G/R
    9/3
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well yea..
    <<1337

Couwae's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When fighting Warlocks:

Remember... All locks do is fear and dots.. SOO.. use ur medallion of alliance/horde when they fear and silence them (Marksman) or use that skill that BM's have.. forgot wats it called because im a Markman (I have 2000+ 2vs2 rating )

As the pro-elite hunter I am, pvping with BM The abilitiy your looking for is

Intimidation -
    Stuns the target for 2 secounds or 3.
    That I cannot rememba :P
    Neat little guide - I prefer my own thou ^^

Kezah's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you mean Bestial Wrath + The Beast Within, which makes you immune to fear, immobilizing effects and movement impariring effects flr 18 seconds on a 2 min cooldown.

Mobbed's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing new to see here. Common sense is involved in most of it. Props for taking the time to actually type it out though.

Ekori's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Tomac123 View Post
    Hey its me Tomac123..
    This is my guide on Hunter PvP..(THIS IS 100% MINE AND ONLY FOR MMOWNED!! DONT LEECH THIS FFS!!)

Firstly its better to have a Night Elf or Dwarf Hunter... Please dont choose a draenei because they can only cast Gift of naaru..

When fighting warriors:

When you are fighting a warrior remember only 1 thing they will keep on hamstring and charging you.. Sooo... All you have to do is place traps and wing clip and run.. IF ur pets doesnt stop attacking after trap (2.4x Bug blizz cant fix yet) Then just medallion of alliance/horde it and run!! then pwn the warrior llike you have never done before!! Pwn3d!!

When fighting Warlocks:

When fighting Priests:

Shadow priests are the hardest.. they fear you and then dot u like warlocks but priests have 30 sec fear cooldown.. SOO.. you just pwn them after fear or medallion it!!

When fighting Shamans:

They always use Frost Shock so stay away from Enhancement shamans.. but stay close to elemental and resto shamans..

When fighting Paladins:

Remember if u start pwning them... THEY HAVE STUPID BUBBLE... So wait for bubble to end by just running the other way.. love doing that in 2vs2

When fighting Mages:

Just stay close to them.. when they frost nova. silence shot them or use Bestial Wrath.. And p3w p3w they are dead!

When fighting rouges:

Only dispell there kidney shot because cheap shot is only 2-3 sec stun.. kidney is 6 sec :*( And p3w p3w them

BEST HUNTER SKILLS EVER!!! WING CLIP FTW!!!

All you have to do to win in meele is use Wing Clip so thats why i voted Wing Clip the best hunter skill!! (before WOtLK comes out..) So guys if you need help against any more classes.. just PM me for gods sake

Good luck pwning!! Tomac123
    Being MM/Surv is really handy, especially if you have imp Wingclip. It helps with the warriors and rogues if you manage to get one off. When fighting melee classes, lay down a frost trap. The only melee class hunters should have a hard time with is ret paladins and warriors. Warriors because of charge, Retpals because of BoF.

It's true that Locks dot and fear, but don't forget that good locks don't chain fear. Most locks have their fel guards or fel hounds out. If anything, kill the lock before the dots or pet does.

Priests are cake. Arcane shot, silence, then burst. If priests are a challenge for you, then it must be the holy priests. Shadow priests are a breeze to kill since they depend on their dps to heal them.

I'd say the toughest class for an MM hunter is a mage. They can get in your dead zone and just cream you. Try to burn down the mage before they get in that zone.

Shamans are tough. I haven't really gone up against an offensive shaman in a long time, most of them are resto now. XD Resto shamans have really strong quick heals. Just try to silence or shoot as much as you can, as well as having your pet on them. Arcane shot dispells their Earth shield, which helps with the less healing.

Druids are easy. Put some points for faster arcane shot CD for resto druids, since you can dispell their HoTs. Silence and Viper Sting. Keep the Viper Sting up, Innervate relies on spirit now I think, and I doubt arena druids have much.

Boomkins are cake. Just lay down a frost for their trees and dps the boomkin, keep your pet on them. Silence, Viper Sting.

Feral; Fear. Fear whenever it's ready. I'd say use 3 traps, snake, frost, freeze. Snakes and frost can slow them down, letting you get off some good shots. Freeze just let's you get away and bandage if they've blown their trinket already. Ferals are tough, because of the rage->heal on the bears. If you can slow them down enough, you can take them down.

I don't have the gear to be a 2k arena hunter, but I've been playing the same one for 2 years. I'd like to see what WotLK does to change up PvP.
    Last edited by Ekori; 05-23-2008 at 07:00 PM.

-=Swift=-'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please don't quote the entire post please. -^

Pretty good guide, common sense if you leveled your hunter, ever did PvP, or if you own World of Warcraft.

My favorite part is, pop medalian and p3w p3w.. over and over..

What? Not banned just never allowed to login, ever again...
    I make graphics, sigs, and flash websites for the MMOwned community.

Smeems's Avatar Active Member

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can someone translate "excited geek" for me so I can read this 'guide'?

Captain Planet's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sadly this guide in my opinion is pretty sad pretty much everything you say is common sense and there is nothing new

use wingclip use trinket

and pwn

ya if that isn't common sense then idk wtf is

geenstijled's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And yet another retarded guide, sorry i have no intention to flame anyone here, as almost everyone tries to contribute, but honestly, do you think that you're helping out someone with this? I dont think so.

@Ekori
    It's pretty clear that you dont have a 2000 arena team, i doubt you have one over 1500 either, i agree on some points but saying boomkins are cake is completely stupid. Keeping your pet on the shaman? Not a good idea with water shield up the whole fight. I dont agree on your hardest opponent either, okay, mages can indeed be hard but there's no such thing as a dead zone anymore, all this and i even dont have a hunter over level 35.

The world calls.. and I answer.

Vandir's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ekori View Post
    Druids are easy. Put some points for faster arcane shot CD for resto druids, since you can dispell their HoTs. Silence and Viper Sting. Keep the Viper Sting up, Innervate relies on spirit now I think, and I doubt arena druids have much.

Boomkins are cake. Just lay down a frost for their trees and dps the boomkin, keep your pet on them. Silence, Viper Sting.

Feral; Fear. Fear whenever it's ready. I'd say use 3 traps, snake, frost, freeze. Snakes and frost can slow them down, letting you get off some good shots. Freeze just let's you get away and bandage if they've blown their trinket already. Ferals are tough, because of the rage->heal on the bears. If you can slow them down enough, you can take them down.
    I am a druid, and for me hunters are easy to beat. If I happen to be Balance, I Hibernate your pet, put on Barkskin, then DoT and nuke you down.

If Feral, I start with a Pounce, then two Shreds, Rake, and Rip. Then I'll go Bear form and Charge you if you get away.

Resto druid don't usually any damage, so... Hibernate the pet and run away. That's about all I can say for Restos. Keep up Abolish Poison and HoTs while running so the stings don't affect you, then when you're out of combat, stealth.

Vandir's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for my comment on this guide... pretty bad. You even left out some classes! And the classes you did put in, your guide on 'how to beat them' consisted mostly on common sense. Seriously, though, drop trap, and use your trinket constantly? Autoshot never killed a warrior.

King Protos's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/6
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a hunter, and I comepltaly agree that wingclip is the best thing that ever happened to hunters for PvP melee =D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast