Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[GUIDE] Glider Basics

These are the basics to running Glider safely and easily. Noob friendly FTW

Oh and I did 2 searches and found Glider guides for gold and stuff but nothing like this. If I'm mistaken and have missed something then please let me know.
    This is a VERY BASIC guide and it doesn't cover everything, but it should be enough to get you started.

STEP 1 [Limits]

Having your limits set wrong can get you banned lickity-split. For example, you wouldn't want your resurrection limit to be at 9999. It just doesn't seem human to someone watching you res and die over and over.

To change your Glider settings click on the small cog icon on the main glider window. Then, to change your limit settings click what is circled in the picture;

That's normally what I have my settings at but change them suit how worried you are about detection.

STEP 2 [Detection]

Detection settings are one of the most important things to have set correctly when it comes to Glider. I look at them as a 'Realistic-Scale' that is judged out of 10. If your settings make the bot act realistic its a 10. If not it's a 1.

On my 'Realistic-Scale' this would get about a 5 or 6. I ALWAYS use 'Jump More' because you don't often see many people strafing in strange directions to get around a fence or steep bit of land. When i actually play WoW I like to wall-jump (before it got nerfed) so using 'Jump More' kind of makes it look more realistic.

You'll notice I forgot to check 'Avoid Same Faction' and 'Avoid Other Faction'. I would normally check 'Avoid Same Faction' and if you're on a PvP server then ALWAYS check 'Avoid Other Faction'

The detection alerts are handy if you're near your computer while Gliding. They play a loud sound to alert you that someone has been following you for X amount of minutes and then another loud sound to let you know that the same person has followed you for another X amount of minutes and that Glider is using your Hearthstone and logging out.

Set these alerts to a shorter length of time if you are in a highly populated server or near quest mobs (Try to not grind quest mobs)

STEP 3 [Miscellaneous]

This section is pretty self explanatory. But here are the default settings.

I would recommend you set the 'Stop After X amount of Minutes' to around 240 to play it safe. This is only set to 400 because I was Gliding on a low populated PvE server from around 12:00pm to 5:00am.

STEP 4 [Your class settings]

When you are on the 'General' tab of your configurations you will have to choose a class. After you've done that and clicked OK you will be presented with a window like this one. (I used a Warlock one becuase they are by far my favorite class to level)

Set these to the appropriate settings for the class of your choice. After you click OK again you will be asked to set up actionbars for that class. I highly suggest using the Help File, because I'm NOT posting all the class settings in this guide :P

Don't worry if you're leveling a character from level one, just put the spells in the appropriate Hotkey slot as you go along

STEP 5 [Profiles]

When you click on the 'Profile' tab of the main Glider window you will be presented with a window like this;

If you're new to Glider (which you probably are if you're reading this) then I highly suggest loading a downloaded profile. There are many great packs on the forums here.

When you start up WoW and also start Glider don't be discouraged if your character doesn't run around killing things right away. You're probably just too far away from the closest waypoint. Simply click on the Glider window and in the text box it will tell you how many yards to move in your curent direction 9it will turn you in the right direction). When you've run the right distance try running Glider again and it should work.

GENERAL TIPS

- Run WoW in windowed mode (in video options)
    - Make sure your key bindings fit Glider otherwise your character will just do stupid things. (check Glider's help file for the key bindings and chnage yours in the options menu in WoW)
    - Don't use 'Auto-reply to GM' because a lot of the time a GM will send you a second message expecting a reply...and either wont get one or will get the same one (for some reason mine sends the same message twice but my friends doesn't reply more than once...so i dunno)
    - Don't Glide in heavily populated areas or on quest mobs.
    - Don't run Glider for too long for risk of 'teh sux0rz BAN-HAMMA' :P My record is only like 19 hours.
    - Don't send GM tickets in (it's obvious but you'd be surprised at how many people report other bots)
    - Don't use names that attract attention (i.e with accented letters)
    - If somebody says something to you and you are near to your computer. Get up and go reply.

Other than that HAVE FUN :wave:

Oh and yeah, I know I left out Glider Elite stuff because I don't have it :P And I know this isn't a great guide but these were things I wanted to know when I started using Glider :P

Feel free to use this guide but please give me credit as I worked very hard on it

Last quick thing. In 'Preview Post' the pictures didn't show up. If they don't in the post...damn
    Last edited by LiquidShizzles; 04-20-2008 at 05:43 PM.

[GUIDE] Glider Basics
    Accelear's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice guide

~Jagris's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I realy like it, but if you want to avoid ban just you openbot =P

emicouk's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know how to get this thing working?! I have to elite key and all that bussiness but i can get anything other than the demo to work...

Rein Trebor's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice tuto for glider !!!

Jareth123's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    4/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by doozy View Post
    and if you're on a PvP server then ALWAYS check 'Avoid Other Faction'
    No, just no. If you're a class that doesn't have stealth etc like a mage or lock, you will just stand there...doing nothing, the other faction will think you're afk and come kill you.
    If you're a class that has stealth, it is also a very bad idea, you will just stand there doing nothing until the other person leaves, what if the other person came to glide at your stop after you left urs there? you'll be afk till he leaves..

- Don't run Glider for too long for risk of 'teh sux0rz BAN-HAMMA' :P My record is only like 19 hours.
    What's the point of having glider if you can't bot 24/7?

I would recommend you set the 'Stop After X amount of Minutes' to around 240 to play it safe. This is only set to 400 because I was Gliding on a low populated PvE server from around 12:00pm to 5:00am.
    Again, whats the point of having glider if you can't run 24/7? Don't worry kids, you will be fine gliding for more than 240 minutes, this setting doesnt change a thing, if a player wants to report you, he won't wait 240 minutes to see if you're a botter...he'll just report you..

I know I left out Glider Elite stuff because I don't have it :P
    Go get it, it's cheap

sorry for the wall of text, i don't like to see ppl getting mis-informed (or how the hell you spell it)