Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wotlk Beta Email Scam

Hello everyone!
    I was searching over internet and I saw this. It´s the original World of Warcraft beta email..
    I changed some things in the text to make it a scam.. And I made it to Wotlk.

Ok so first you whanna get a new email so go to https://signup.live.com/newuser.aspx...ollrs=04&lic=1

Now you make an email like this [email protected] some people wouldn´t notice hotmail.com
    Make your first name: [email protected]
    second name: .

And fill the in the rest of the information randomly.
    Now simply send this email out to people you whanna scam

The subject should be, World of Warcraft - Wrath of the Lich King beta

Greetings from the Blizzard development team!
    We are happy to inform you that you have been accepted into the World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King beta program.

On November 10, 2007(Change this to a random date but the date must be after you send your mail out, so if you send it on 31 October then change the date to November 10), you and 1200 others will be given the opportunity to experience the first phase of beta for yourself. However, we require you to abide by a few rules:

-Do not sell, trade, share, or transfer your beta account, beta account information, or the game files itself.

-We will also require you to accept a Non-Disclosure Agreement(NDA) during your registration. This NDA will prohibit the distribution of any information regarding the game, including but not limited to, intellectual rights, copyrighted characters or insignia, non-copyrighted characters or insignia, class information, spell information, quests, NPCs, screenshots, or the game files used to run World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King.

Prior on November 10(Change this to a random date but the date must be after you send your mail out, so if you send it on 31 October then change the date to November 10), the CD's with the game files will be sent, and a link to download the game itself will become available. We will include the link to these files, your Beta Access Key (CD-Key), and more information at that time.
    But, for now, we ask you to reply with your World of Warcraft or World of Warcraft the Burning Crusade username and password for us to able to make your account World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King playable.

-Lastly, we want you to enjoy yourself, and report back to us any suggestions or bugs you might find!

Congratulations, and we look forward to hearing your feedback!

Whatever name you want,
    Blizzard Customer Service

An easy little thread, and most noobs would fall for this couse they want to try the beta so badly they wouldn´t notice fake mail.

You would only get the Acc name and Pass here but if you logg on to the Acc late or early like 3 a.m. you should have enough time to strip the character/s and get all gold!

Tell me if I forgot something or if I could add something to it.
    Hope you like it
    First scam thread ftw!

:wave:

Edit: I changed some stuff in the text and now it should work.
    Last edited by Weekday; 10-31-2007 at 05:08 AM.

Wotlk Beta Email Scam
    Broxigar-'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Wotlk Beta Email Scam

The e-mail part never works. I've seen this posted on many different forums for different scams. You can't make e-mails that way, it's not possible anymore. You'll just get an error. Nice try though.