0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

{Guide} How to properly utilize the Battle.net scam

Ok, so most of you know about the battle.net scam. If you don't then start here. If you do, then...um...start here.

The Main Idea
    So this scam usually works like so: Scammer creates a fake battle.net account, goes to a website like Markeedragon.com, and proceeds to ask people to log into the account in question before buying it. He then merges the WoW account with the Fake Battle.net account, and is now able to reset all the info of the WoW account. This is where the problem comes in. If the Scamee is smart enough to use a phone (or the internet) chances are that you won't have that account for much longer. I've had about 5 scammed and merged accounts recalled and un-merged, leaving me...account-less. Now this method is fine for people who just want to keep the account for anywhere between 2-7 hours, but for people (like me) who want to keep the account for good, this just isn' worth it...until now.

Requirements
    So, for this to work properly, you will need to have a working account merged with a battle.net account. You will also need 25 dollars (visa gift cards, what I use)

Step 1
    Go ahead, if you already haven't, and merge any account that you use to play WoW with a battle.net. I suggest that you use real info, or fake...it doesn't really matter.

Step 2
    Now, visit a website for account trading/selling and search for a char that you would like as your own. I usually use Markeedragon.com ,but there are plenty of them out there. We wouldn't want any of those sites to become jaded, would we?

Step 3
    Here comes the social engineering bus! Anyone that doesn't know how to act casual online, please refain from stepping on. The short bus is not far behind.
    Now that you have chosen a target, begin to talk to them over aim, msn, yahoo...whatever. Entice them with some reasonably high offers, and as soon as their sold go ahead and ask for their armories and whatnot. Now, after that, ask them for some proof that the char is theirs. More often then not, they will say they can show you in-game. Normally, this acts as an ******* filter, but I know how to bypass that filter! Just ask them if they have a spare account that you can use to log on and check them out. If they do, then just block them and move on. If they dont...well then you move on to step 4!

Step 4
    If you have made it this far, give yourself a pat on the back! You were able to tell a lie! Good Job!
    Anyway, at this point, you should begin to coax the seller into letting you log onto his/her/it's account. This part is all about begging, pleading, and complaining. I usually do this at night, when people are tired, and the most votile and/or vulnerable. Sometimes, the seller will perk up and go make you a trial (Just leave at that point, the fish got off the hook). But they usually just let you log on, with a bunch of warnings like "You mess with my account, I will reign down upon you like a godly mother ****ing fire storm!" and all that shit. Ignore the bastards. Log in, and immediately merge the account with the battle.net account. Now, use scroll wheel to continue to step 5.

Step 5
    You now have an account in your possession. You have the power. You need more...later. Now that the account is merged, you must immediately transfer whatever char you want from the scammed account onto the account already on the battle.net account (YOU ONLY HAVE 5 HOURS!). This only works because if you merge 2 WoW accounts with 1 Battle.net account, you can instantly transfer between them. As compared to making 2 seperate battle.net accounts and putting a WoW account on each one, because then you have to wait through a 30 period before you can transfer.

Step 6
    Now that you have the char in your WoW account, you have 2 options...you can call blizzard and make up an excuse that you didn't want to merge both accounts, and unmerge the either account. (Personally, I never tried unmerging the original account from the Battle.net account...that might work too! Just thought of that as I was writing this ) Or, you could use CheatEngine and ban the scammed account. Either method works.

Congratulations, you now have any char of your choosing in your possession forevar!

*I know that some of this information has already been scattered about this board, I just wanted to make this to help neubs and to condense it all. Also, It is my twist on this scam...no one else's
    Last edited by pieforbilly; 05-30-2009 at 04:34 PM. Reason: I suck at spelling

{Guide} How to properly utilize the Battle.net scam
    Korked's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's spelled Congratulations. (:

burton992's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Repost and it doesnt work battle net no longer changes the last name its been fixed and you do need to wait 30 days to xfer a char, when you merge an account it tells you. And they can still easily get there char back blizz will just reverse the xfer.

pieforbilly's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jeremy08 View Post
    Repost and it doesnt work battle net no longer changes the last name its been fixed and you do need to wait 30 days to xfer a char, when you merge an account it tells you. And they can still easily get there char back blizz will just reverse the xfer.
    I don't think you understand,

You merge it with a battle.net account that already has your real WoW account on it. In doing so, it automatically changes the last name of the scammed account to the name of the account already on the battle.net account. Also, it lifts the 30 day restriction, and you can transfer between the 2 accounts that are already on the battle.net account.

burton992's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What i was trying to say is as far as i know it doesnt change the last name anymore and also if someone has a ID scan what matches the account no matter what you do, you could xfer it through 100 accounts and ban every account its been on ,if they give blizz the ID scan blizz will still reverse everyone and unban the orignal account.

Iraq's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the original owner will always get the account back when they recall it. scammed accounts are only temporary, and always will be.

X-CON's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nod43 FIX nodmailer!!! please i beg u

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then aim for sellers who are not the oo, but the accounts I have are still in my possession and it's been over 3 weeks. Maybe I'm just lucky?

DKDéáth's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for summing up all this.

+Rep

ranso's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then aim for sellers who are not the oo, but the accounts I have are still in my possession and it's been over 3 weeks. Maybe I'm just lucky?
    Sadly you dont have the accounts, just the chars. good scam though. Getting the scammed account banned might be a good way to prevent the char getting un xfered... just thinking.

Elopro's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice guide

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, and its been over 2 weeks since I got the Chars, and no recalling

Demon within's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice sum, just one thing:
    Could you please explain, step-by-step, possibly with pictures, how to merge an account onto a b-net acc? =)

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just go to battle.net, login to your battle.net account, and click on "Merge a World of Warcraft account" then it just asks for the username and password of the account.

[BoonDoggle]'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think you can un-merge it (for the last step) because it's final.. unless you give reason "hackzor", then it might work.

Technoviking

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast