0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got hacked - What can I get away with?

Ok basically what happened was I had my account hacked I presume there was a keylogger at the LAN café I usually go to; all my characters were deleted (bar two) and all the gear gets destroyed/de'd/vendored and I have 0 gold left.

Anyway - I retrieve my account then open a GM ticket and get an email sent to me asking for my details etc. They also ask what my characters were as "we cannot restore characters from a 'backup'", they also asked what gear I had. Hold on i'm getting there.

Blizzard said themselves they can't restore a character from a backup, but do they keep records of the gear/characters I had. I can't see why they would ask what gear I have if they keep records of what I did have, but I also can't see them handing out whatever gear I say I had (I'm wondering if I could abuse this and get far better gear than my characters previously had - or possibly say some of the deleted characters were higher level than they actually were)

Has anyone been in a situation similar? I'm just wondering what to expect and to what extent I will actually get the gear(and/or gold) I say I had back.

Got hacked - What can I get away with?
    DestroyerofWorlds's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It happened to me a while back. I was leveling an alt, sent 900g to it for mounts and everything, then got keylogged. The gold was gone, my alt (mage) was respecced to frost, and I had greens on. I submitted a ticket, and in 4 days I had most of my items, and 1100 gold. I think the extra 200 gold was the vendor value of my lost items. (I lost my bank and bags). All in all, it was better than expected, except for one GM......

zebby's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you have to tell them the lost gear you had? or did they have it backed up somewhere as I'm wondering whether I can lie to them and get some better gear in the process :P