Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unmerging Battle.net Accounts Under Different Names?

Ok, I've been looking around and can't seem to find any information (off Google, mmowned, and MarkeeDragon) exactly related to my situation, so I'll post it here and see what you guys think the best course of action is. I've color coded the names to help people keep each account distinct since the names are used a lot.

So, I have two accounts Account A and Account B which I have shared with a friend for about 3 or so years. When Battle.net account merges started, I jumped on the boat instantly and merged my account (account A) to my Battle.net. Then about 3 weeks later I merged my friend's account (account B) into my Battle.net account. We've been going fine for months now sharing one Battle.net account, but there have been a number of recent hackings in my guild and to protect my account I want to put an authenticator on it. Now I can't really do this because two different people use the same Battle.net account so I want to unmerge our accounts. Now I know you can unmerge Battle.net accounts, but the big issue here is that Account A is under Name A and Account B is under Name B which are now both merged under Name A.

Sorry if that was hard to follow, putting it simply...

1) Account A is under Name A
    2) Account B is under Name B
    3) Account A and Account B are merged into one Battle.net account under Name A
    4) I'd like to unmerge Account A and Account B onto two separate Battle.net accounts

Now yea I know account sharing is a bannable offense, that's why I'm being very careful with how I proceed.

Also, I thought of a strategy for getting them onto different accounts that wouldn't involve contacting Blizzard, though I'd like some clarification on if this would work:

Since Account A and B are merged onto one Battle.net account what happens if I RaF for my friend and buy him all new copies of WoW and then transfer his characters from Account B onto this new Account C. What name would have to be on Account C since the names of A and B are different OO names, but are merged under A's name for the Battle.net? If I do do this should we buy the account under A's name (Battle.net name) or B's name (OO of account transferring characters to C).

Again, hard to follow, but if you could provide some insight to what you think I should do or if my plan might work then I'd be very grateful to you. :bow:

Unmerging Battle.net Accounts Under Different Names?
    Kerse's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I took from the official WoW forum posts, it's not possible to unmerge account under different names.

The reason:

When you agreed to the terms of the Battle.net merging, you stated that all acounts merged are yours. Not your friends, brothers, sisters, dads, cat's uncle, etc.

So, any accounts joined with Battle.net are yours and yours alone till the end of the game... unless you contact Blizzard billing/support, via telephone and provide all information on both accounts. So there is no way of getting around it without having any and all info.

From the WoW Forums:

should you wish to explore the possibility of de-linking your WoW account(s) from an umbrella Battle.net account, please contact Billing & Account Services at your earliest convenience (and during open office hours). While I am unable to provide any form of guarantee, please know that our Billing representatives are always happy to assist where and when they can.

Billing and Account Services

Email: [email protected]

Web form: http://us.blizzard.com/support/webform-us.xml?gameId=11

Live Representatives Available Mon-Fri, 8am to 8pm PDT
    For phone assistance please call: 1 (800) 592-5499 || 1 (800) 59-BLIZZARD

Players in Australia should call 1-800-041-378

Players in Singapore should call 800-2549-9273

Players in Chile should call 1230-020-5554

Players in Mexico should call 001-888-578-7628

Players in Argentina should call 0800-333-0778

All other international players should call: (949) 955-0283
    Last edited by Kerse; 06-15-2009 at 05:41 PM.

Kuula's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the thing is I DO have all of the info. I could easily give them the CD keys for my account and my friend's account along with secret answer, name, etc. But the thing is won't they ban me for merging the two accounts in the first place?

Kuula's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by niro2001 View Post
    Every program that helps you knead

help.rar
    Well congratulations, if I was an idiot I might have clicked that. :gtfo2:

hellixist's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol, anyway, its not possible to unmerge accounts even if u have all the info, cos blizz probably wont do it.

Diablo1903's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They will normally unmerge accounts from battlenet, but only if its both the same name. I have yet to see a successful double-name unmerging. Perhaps you could check with trials accounts (Assuming you can transfer to them, even if you cant, you might get the "Wrong name" message before the "Cant xfer to trial" message.

General Barcode's Avatar Contributor The Destroyer of Worlds

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    4/12
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can but the characters you transferred, if you have, will be sent back onto their old accounts.
    I am become death, The Destroyer of Worlds

earthFlower's Avatar mmmmm CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They will not ban or anything, only reverse any transfers between the accounts. I tried unmerging my own account they asked fr my cd key secret answer and some more information. They resetted my password to my email and I was good to go took about an hour, just tell them in the phone that your friend accidently merged your account.