192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by TehVoyager View Post
    My first "exploration" was climbing the hills in barrens, then running along the flat tops of the mountains. my first exploration that involved a bug was getting to an area outside (northwest) of Stonetalon mountains. was not alot there, but i was the only one there and it was completely unaccessable.
    Regarding your first exploration.... those are the best! See my "Shimmering Flats" story above. Sometimes it doesn't have to involve a bug. Those first "explorations" just stick with you. What a feeling!

Regarding your first exploration involving a bug, outside (northwest) of Stontalon mountains... was it this area, perhaps?
    WoW ESS - Empty Space Series V.10 (Stonetalon Mountains) - YouTube

Love these stories... always wonderful to see where the community players got their start!

[Discussion] Where was YOUR first WoW exploration?
    OverLordErIcH's Avatar Explorer / Exploiter
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first wow exploration I think was wall jumping on top of the Auction house in Ironfore in 2005-2006 can't remember
    Wowgamerxx119 exploit life

www.youtube.com/user/overlorderich

Aegean's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A friend dragged me on top of Undercity for my first exploration. Directly after that I began tearing into Youtube vids about exploration, and eventually exploitation, and it just changed the way I looked at Wow, what was possible. The next day I went to The Deadmines, which became my first solo exploration, and it was over, I was a lifer.

tsantsa's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first ever exploration was breaking into Hyjal before they remade the zone into what it is now. Once at the top, you could see the old world tree with the bones of Archimonde and these under construction signs. Ah... memories.

[Discussion] Where was YOUR first WoW exploration?-amiyuy_021807_182701-jpg

Credits to http://amiyuy.com for the SS
    Last edited by tsantsa; 03-07-2012 at 08:33 AM.

jimmys96's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    224/210
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh gosh, don't really know my first exploration but it was either the old super-easy method to get underneath stormwind or going to ironforge airport and the hidden westfall village, outside of RFK, underneath and ontop of orgrimmar etc...
    Me and one of my friends were so impressed at what you could do that no one ever intended you to, something that shouldn't be there but still is, something so wrong but still so right..
    I started going to all sorts of weird places, under karazhan(while trying not to get raped by the ghosts outside), old ironforge, ontop of the ironforge auction houes. About every single weird place there is.
    Then the wrath of the lich king came, and they started ****ing up most of the wonderful glitching methods, they did add new ones but none of them felt the same as the old ones did..

Teryaki's Avatar Legendary Explorer CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    103/82
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What really sticks with me still is I met this one guy who said for every "secret" area I showed him in WoW, I would get a Nexus Crystal. At that time, Nexus Crystals would go for a whopping 50-60g on my server (keep in mind, 100g was a huge deal back in Vanilla WoW, at least to me it was.) He said that if I showed him enough areas, he would buy my epic mount, which back then, if you had an epic mount, it pretty much meant you were rich. Those memories just stick with you. He was a nice guy! (Australian too if I remember right.)

@tsantsa I remember that as well, it is my avatar too!
    My Exploration Channel: Teryaki's Channel
    Teryaki#1806

WizardTrokair's Avatar <Walks Through Walls>
    Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still want to hear from more people on this.... a lot of the established community explorers are answering... I want to hear from you Lazy Leechers, lurkers, and first-time posters!

Also, what OTHER games have you explored and glitched before WoW? Please check out my thread in the Gaming forum here:
    http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/gene...-glitched.html

TehVoyager's Avatar I just love KuRIoS
    Thanks G/R
    85/470
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by WizardTrokair View Post
    Regarding your first exploration involving a bug, outside (northwest) of Stontalon mountains... was it this area, perhaps?
    WoW ESS - Empty Space Series V.10 (Stonetalon Mountains) - YouTube

Love these stories... always wonderful to see where the community players got their start!
    Yup, that was the spot ^_^

(don't post things I post to Patreon.)

Synrithh's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is surely a fun idea, and it has been amazing to read all these memories that you guys shared with us! Never stop explore

If i'm to share my first memory, i'm not really sure what I explored first, if I guess I first got introduced to walljumping by a player in my guild 2006, so I probably think the first exploration I did was to jump up to the "waterfall" in Valley of Honor, first you had to do some jumping around, then walljumping up, and eventually you ended up at the waterfall/small river, you could also get underneath Orgrimmar this way, and at the same time up on the sides so you could run all over Orgrimmar very high up. If you kept on running here and did some turns and walking you got to Thrall's house, then you could just jump down straight to him, quite funny!

Could also have been just outside Orgrimmar to the left, you could do a few jumps and then you ended up on the big eterace wall, running around on the ropes and such, much fun!

Also outside Orgrimmar to the right, there was a few easy jumps, then it came one of the ****ing hardest walljumping I knew when I started, was probably 20 jumps on a damn wall that was very steep, eventually you ended up high up on the mountain to the right, here you could use Noggenfogger to jump down on a zeppelins "baloon", funny to stand on that

Also, getting in hyjal, and up on the wall of Uldum (south in the old Tanaris), the huge wall (gate, Timbermaw Hold?) in Azshara, jumped on top of that, jumped up to Nefarian's Lair, and so so so many more locations...

EDIT: Totally forgot about the Warsong Gulch exploring That was freaking nice, you could jump up on a few places, then slowfall down a looong way beneath WSG, you ended up on a huge white area, weird. Can't find a video of this :/

I want walljumping back =(
    Last edited by Synrithh; 03-09-2012 at 05:43 PM.
    - Exploring 2006 - 2013

https://www.youtube.com/user/mezzam

wildrunner's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well im sure im not the first here but i went to the classical explorer spot gm- islands my method of traveling wasnt modelling nor exploiting but rather much more simple i hacked my way out there

Hurricaanz's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/12
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally Ironforge airport.. After that the old Caverns of Time

https://www.youtube.com/user/Codescafter

akspa420's Avatar Contributor
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    73/13
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd have to say the first areas I explored were the areas in between duskwood and deadwind pass, as well as Ironforge airport (during the beta stress test), under stormwind, old ironforge, the vanilla ice cream slopes behind the gnomeregan entrance (which now has trees and critters dotting the landscape). I'd say that I've done more exploring in later years than when I started playing the game.

Xel's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    94/51
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Under Stormwind by Dun Morogh mountains. Enough said, it was the funniest route in WoW until it got removed.

MistaKatz's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my very first character, a nightelf priest, i met this nightelf warrior that showed me where to get a wand. I traveled beside him for what seemed like forever, but all we did was go from Teldressil to Darkshore then took the boat from there to Menethil Harbor and then from THERE to theramore. It was odd, really, going all this way to find a wand. On the way to Theramore something happened to me, i DCd mid-travel from eastern kingdoms to kalimdor. I logged back in and i was falling into this deep pit of swirling clouds. It looked much like the sky effect when your dead. I didnt understand since i couldnt release my spirit and i couldnt logout. I was stuck there, in the middle of nowhere, the map not showing me anything, falling forever. Back then there werent any death lines under the world, so you would fall forever. I had to shut off my computer because i didnt know about alt-F4 or anything....BUT i ressurected in the Barrens and its a blur from there. That was my first exploration, and i had many more to come!

xyzhacker's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Under Stormwind, I remember when i fell through the barrier how amazed I got..
    That's how "TheExploitHunters" started.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast