192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First video game you explored / glitched

My first console system was the Nintendo Entertainment System. Boy, I loved the NES!! Would play all night, and leave the console paused for hours while I was at school. The good old days! Anyhow... with my recent explorations and exploits in World of Warcraft it got me thinking about my older playing experience. What games did I glitch or explore back then?

The first to come to mind was METROID. I used to love using the old "door jump" glitch to get to hidden areas. Usually these areas were closed off (you couldn't get out of them once you got in), but I still loved to look around. Here is a video example (not my vid) of this glitch: Metroid on NES Secret Worlds Part 1 - YouTube

Then of course there was Super Mario Bros. and the "infinite lives" trick. I always had difficulty mastering that one, but was always amused that you got so many lives that the game didn't even know how to display the number (eventually using symbols instead of numbers). Here is a video example (again, not my vid): Original Super Mario Bros - Infinite Lives - Turtle Tipping - YouTube

Don't even get me started on the NES GAME GENIE... I used to sit for that thing for hours, just inputting random codes and seeing the results. Usually it only produced screwed up graphics (similar to the results of just physically whacking the NES console), but sometimes the results were just amazing. I'm sure there were other games that I glitched or explored, they are just not immediately jumping to mind.

So... please share your stories of early video game exploration / glitching here!

First video game you explored / glitched
    TehVoyager's Avatar I just love KuRIoS
    Thanks G/R
    85/470
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first glitch Would have been in Sonic 3.

in the Ice palace zone, if you Duck Untill the screen moves down at the entrance to the knuckles only area, then jump and move forward, you could glitch into the knuckles area. this was before S&K was released, so it was a completely locked off area. i remember dying in there, then going into it again with a 2nd controller plugged in to control tails and using both to try to figure out what the legit way to complete that area was.

this video describes the glitch. i diddnt do the 2nd part of it, as i diddnt think to do it.

Sonic 3 glitch, playing as sonic in knuckles&#39;s act 2 in Ice Cap Zone - YouTube

(don't post things I post to Patreon.)

Teryaki's Avatar Legendary Explorer CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    103/82
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started out with a SNES but wasn't much into exploration and glitching back then with those games. Switched to n64 and started playing Super Mario 64 and Donkey Kong 64 and found a few glitches with those. I still have my n64 so I like to play around with it once in a while when I get really bored of WoW.

Super Mario 64 glitch I used to do a lot: Super Mario 64 Glitches - YouTube This one pretty much sums up all the glitches I did in this game.

Donkey Kong 64: I used this one to explore around the game a lot, and bypass a lot of things. Basic Donkey Kong 64 Glitches: Part 1 - YouTube Basically the one I used was with the camera, and swimming through the walls.

After n64 I got my PS1. My first games that I got for it were Crash Bandicoot, Spyro 1, and Spyro 2. I didnt really find a lot of glitches in Crash Bandicoot, but Spyro and Spyro 2 were fun.

Spyro 1, on the very last level, you can fly out of the boundaries. Spyro The Dragon: Gnasty&#39;s Loot Glitch - YouTube

And last in Spyro 2, there special way to jump so you could get out of the game's boundaries. It was called a double jump, or d-jump. Here is a video. Spyro 2 Double Jump and Speed guide: Summer Forest Worlds - YouTube

That is all the memorable games that I remember exploring and glitching in. There are many other ones that I glitched in, especially in PS1 and PS2 games, but I would have to make a lengthy post for that. Makes me want to play these games again!
    My Exploration Channel: Teryaki's Channel
    Teryaki#1806

Freefall552's Avatar Former Staff
    Thanks G/R
    16/25
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first game that I remember exploration and glitching from was SOCOM Fireteam Bravo and GTA Liberty city stories on the PSP.
    Molested myself and got convicted.

OverLordErIcH's Avatar Explorer / Exploiter
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as I can remember It was Mario Kart on the 64 for me. There was this glitch on Wario Stadium wear you could hop over some rail if you had the right timing to skip like half the course lmao. Good days
    Wowgamerxx119 exploit life

www.youtube.com/user/overlorderich

Killingher's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First console was the N64 and the first game I really explored was Zelda Ocarina of Time...which i just got 100% on the 3DS version..such a amazing game..but TBH the only Zelda game i really played all the way threw.

OverLordErIcH's Avatar Explorer / Exploiter
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Killingher View Post
    First console was the N64 and the first game I really explored was Zelda Ocarina of Time...which i just got 100% on the 3DS version..such a amazing game..but TBH the only Zelda game i really played all the way threw.
    Ahh that reminds me on OoT using some glitch with the hover boots and a bomb to skip like 99% of the water temple.
    Wowgamerxx119 exploit life

www.youtube.com/user/overlorderich

Killingher's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by OverLordErIcH View Post
    Ahh that reminds me on OoT using some glitch with the hover boots and a bomb to skip like 99% of the water temple.
    Oh god water temple...sucked SO much on N64..but a LOT easier to deal with on the 3DS =p

TehVoyager's Avatar I just love KuRIoS
    Thanks G/R
    85/470
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by TehVoyager View Post
    My first glitch Would have been in Sonic 3.

in the Ice palace zone, if you Duck Untill the screen moves down at the entrance to the knuckles only area, then jump and move forward, you could glitch into the knuckles area. this was before S&K was released, so it was a completely locked off area. i remember dying in there, then going into it again with a 2nd controller plugged in to control tails and using both to try to figure out what the legit way to complete that area was.

this video describes the glitch. i diddnt do the 2nd part of it, as i diddnt think to do it.

Sonic 3 glitch, playing as sonic in knuckles's act 2 in Ice Cap Zone - YouTube
    Sorry to quote myself, but i wanted to tell you this thread inspired me to go pick up sonic 3 and do the glitch i linked above. it was good times xD thanks for the thread tro

(don't post things I post to Patreon.)

Kwasa's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me, I think it was pokemon Red version. Good ol' missing no. glitch. You would surf on the land/water border of cinnabar island, and there was a chance to find a glitch pokemon known as Missing No. Later, it basicly looked like my game file got direah all over itself, with aid from a sick fat man. Good times...good times...

Thanks G/R
    16/25
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Kwasa View Post
    For me, I think it was pokemon Red version. Good ol' missing no. glitch. You would surf on the land/water border of cinnabar island, and there was a chance to find a glitch pokemon known as Missing No. Later, it basicly looked like my game file got direah all over itself, with aid from a sick fat man. Good times...good times...
    I remember there were some lvl glitch and dupe method as well.

Kwasa's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Freefall552 View Post
    I remember there were some lvl glitch and dupe method as well.
    Ah yes, sometimes instead of a missing no. you would find a pokemon above level 100, and these pokemon could reach up to 255! I still remember my level 255 mew haha.

Thanks G/R
    16/25
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Kwasa View Post
    Ah yes, sometimes instead of a missing no. you would find a pokemon above level 100, and these pokemon could reach up to 255! I still remember my level 255 mew haha.
    Good times!