Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auto broadcasting timed messages (arcEmu)

Auto-scheduling timed messages from the console!

Hey, guys!
    Have you ever wanted to spam you're poetry over your server to all your users? I know I do.
    I couldn't find any tutorials on how to, but after much hard labor I finally figured it out.

How to read this tutorial.

All important text is marked in red, all clickable links are marked in blue. All images are clickable, and directs you to the larger picture from imageshack.

What this does?

This will send a yellow-colored messages over that chat window every x seconds, there's also a % chance for the messages to trigger too, it's not needed but can add a priority for significant messages.

What do I need?

Typically, you need to have an arcEmu server along with an SQL editor. I use Navicat - yes, this is a link. This also requires that you have basic knowledge of using your SQL editor, along with basic server knowledge such as starting your server, and logging in.

Getting Started.

The first step editing your optional.conf file. To get to this, you need to go to your Drive(C):/AC Ultimate Repack/ArcEmu/configs/ folder. Open it with notepad. If you don't know how to do this, start notepad, and choose open, then direct yourself to the file.

Once opened, scroll down till you see this text.
    Code:
    <CommonSchedule AutoBroadCast = "0"
    	BroadCastInterval = "10"
    	BroadCastTriggerPercentCap = "2"
    	BroadCastOrderMode = "0">
    To break this down;

AutoBroadCast = simply enabling auto broadcast. Values are 0(off) and 1(on)
    BroadCastInterval = the time in seconds between messages. Values are measured in seconds, 10 = 10 seconds.
    BroadCastTriggerPercentCap = a threshold for priority messages. Value is any number between 1-100
    For example, I have 10 messages, They all have different percentage values, theres a 10, 30, 50, and 100. The threshold allows me to choose what messages I want to show, based on their percentage. if the PercentCap = "30" that means my message that has the % of 10, wouldn't show. When the Cap is at 30, that means any percentage 29 or less, is ignored. Also, if you use this option instead of OrderMode, the messages are chosen at random instead of order.
    BroadCastOrderMode = In short terms, it's an override function. Enabling this will override the BroadCastTriggerPercentCap. When this is enabled, the messages will go in order, if the messages % value is not 100, the message has a chance to be skipped over, based on what you assign as the percentage in 'Editing the Database' Values are 0(off) and 1(on)

To give you an example, this is what mine reads.
    Code:
    <CommonSchedule AutoBroadCast = "1"
    	BroadCastInterval = "10"
    	BroadCastTriggerPercentCap = "99"
    	BroadCastOrderMode = "1">
    Even though I set the PercentCap to "99" it was only because I was testing to see if the OrderMode was an override, and it is.
    So, my code reads "I am enabled, every 10 seconds I want to broadcast my messages in the Order I set them in.

So far so good? K, let's save and continue.

Editing the Database.

Right, so now you're going to open up to your ascent db.
    You'll find towards the end the table called worldbroadcast, open it.
    If you understand how to read a table this one's easy.
    Code:
    Entry | Text | Percentage
        1    hey        100
    Obviously, this isn't the hard part. Your first step is creating a new record (in Navicat you hit the + sign at the bottom). You don't need to set the entry number, it will auto fill when you hit the checkmark and save the entry. By now you should understand the layout of how you structure this. After you're done, hit save (for navicat you can use Ctrl + S) and restart your server.

Finishing up.

By now everything should have worked out, hopefully this tutorial explained it enough that you can make the tweaks yourself. You can't see the messages in your world terminal, you'll have to jump on a character to see them.
    Advice: when you Debug, put the time down to 5 seconds, it'll spam you're chat, but you'll be able to toy around with percentage a lot better and check if anything fell out of place.

Troubleshoot.
    If you entry #'s do not get auto-filled, fill them in yourself.
    If you have any other problems, copy my codes and try it again.
    If you can't find the worldbroadcast table. Check around, it could be called Autobroadcast.

Good Luck. I'll try to answer any question's posted below.

Auto broadcasting timed messages (arcEmu)
    Zazi529's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great guide, thanks. +rep