Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Builtokill View Post
    im pretty sure i have compiled =/
    that just means you opened the window...

hit build--> build solution

like it says to do in my guide...

[Guide] How to compile TrinityCore, Start to Finish
    Xerosis's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm getting an error when trying to start the WorldServer.

Code:
    2010-07-15 18:10:55 Using configuration file worldserver.conf.
    2010-07-15 18:10:55 TrinityCore Rev: 8900 Release Hash: 36341dc29238 (Win32,little-endian) (core-daemon)
    2010-07-15 18:10:55 <Ctrl-C> to stop.

2010-07-15 18:10:55  ______                       __
    2010-07-15 18:10:55 /\__  _\       __          __/\ \__
    2010-07-15 18:10:55 \/_/\ \/ _ __ /\_\    ___ /\_\ \ ,_\  __  __
    2010-07-15 18:10:55    \ \ \/\`'__\/\ \ /' _ `\/\ \ \ \/ /\ \/\ \
    2010-07-15 18:10:55     \ \ \ \ \/ \ \ \/\ \/\ \ \ \ \ \_\ \ \_\ \
    2010-07-15 18:10:55      \ \_\ \_\  \ \_\ \_\ \_\ \_\ \__\\/`____ \
    2010-07-15 18:10:55       \/_/\/_/   \/_/\/_/\/_/\/_/\/__/ `/___/> \
    2010-07-15 18:10:55                                  C O R E  /\___/
    2010-07-15 18:10:55 http://TrinityCore.org                    \/__/

2010-07-15 18:10:55 MySQL client library: 6.0.0
    2010-07-15 18:10:55 MySQL server ver: 5.1.44-community 
    2010-07-15 18:10:55 Realm running as realm ID 1
    2010-07-15 18:10:55 Using World DB: TDB 335.10.32
    2010-07-15 18:10:55 Using creature EventAI: ACID 3.0.4 - Final Release for Trinity (3.3.2 Client)
    2010-07-15 18:10:55 Will clear `logs` table of entries older than 1209600 seconds every 10 minutes.
    2010-07-15 18:10:55 Using DataDir C:\Users\Shawn\Desktop\Trinity\hg\bin\Win32_Release/
    2010-07-15 18:10:55 WORLD: VMap support included. LineOfSight:0, getHeight:0
    2010-07-15 18:10:55 WORLD: VMap data directory is: C:\Users\Shawn\Desktop\Trinity\hg\bin\Win32_Release/vmaps
    2010-07-15 18:10:55 WORLD: VMap config keys are: vmap.enableLOS, vmap.enableHeight, vmap.ignoreMapIds, vmap.ignoreSpellIds
    2010-07-15 18:10:55 
    2010-07-15 18:10:55 Loading Trinity strings...
    2010-07-15 18:10:55 
    2010-07-15 18:10:55 >> Loaded 848 Trinity strings from table trinity_string
    2010-07-15 18:10:55 Initialize data stores...
    On Initialize data stores, it will get to 70% then crash on me. Any solutions?

Thank you in advance,
    Xerosis

Powerpak's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey thanks for the install guide... I have a few suggestions for revisions of the document though...Parts that are somewhat confusing for first time installers (being one myself.)

After setting up MYSQL and creating the login you write::
    Create 3 new databases, “World” “Characters” “Auth”
    Then after that you say:
    Do this 2 more times, with “Characters” and “World”
    Ok so that means I create the world and character databases twice??

When you are having us import databases:
    then open “realmd” and execute “SOURCE FOLDER/sql/base/auth.sql”
    Ummm there is no "realmd" database... You never said to create one??

I am not flaming just asking that you clairfy some parts of the post to make it easier for new people to follow...
    Thx...

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

Ok I ran into another issue... I got to the part where you said:

Go into your “SOURCE/bin/win32/release/” folder. The 2 files we’re looking for are called “TrinityCore.conf.dist” and “TrinityRealm.conf.dist”
    And in my sourcefolder (from SVN) I don't have that directory... Mine is /bin/Win32_release but under that folder those 2 files don't exist (that is the only sub-folder in the /bin directory) ??
    I did a search for them and the only files located in the source folders are in: /.hg/store/data/src/trinitycore && ../src/server/trinitycore && ../src/server/worldserver and the files it did find were all named "trinitycore.conf.dist.i" ...

Did I miss something somewhere?

myran2's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    3/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Powerpak View Post
    Hey thanks for the install guide... I have a few suggestions for revisions of the document though...Parts that are somewhat confusing for first time installers (being one myself.)

After setting up MYSQL and creating the login you write::

Then after that you say:

Ok so that means I create the world and character databases twice??

When you are having us import databases:

Ummm there is no "realmd" database... You never said to create one??

I am not flaming just asking that you clairfy some parts of the post to make it easier for new people to follow...
    Thx...

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

Ok I ran into another issue... I got to the part where you said:

And in my sourcefolder (from SVN) I don't have that directory... Mine is /bin/Win32_release but under that folder those 2 files don't exist (that is the only sub-folder in the /bin directory) ??
    I did a search for them and the only files located in the source folders are in: /.hg/store/data/src/trinitycore && ../src/server/trinitycore && ../src/server/worldserver and the files it did find were all named "trinitycore.conf.dist.i" ...

Did I miss something somewhere?
    I apologize if the guide was hard to follow, when trinity did their big directory change, I just modified a few pieces of the guide instead of rewriting the whole thing from scratch.
    I have modified the guide once again to keep it accurate and to make a few things more clear.

If everyone continues to have problems AFTER this post, I will start on a complete rewrite right away.
    If you don't want to wait for me to finish the guide, you're welcome to add me on msn: [email protected] or PM me for extra support.

Octagonmodz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi , im having the same problem as the last guy, ive added you on msn , please get back to me as soon as possible

tylertylerty's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok my pc is taking forever executing sql file (world) i typed that phrase into cmd box and it said "the system cannot find file specified" mysql is on my desktop i tried moving it to C:// ---> User ---> Yungmann like it had on cmd but still same thing.... help please? 5% in 25 minutes... i think thats slow right?

psychobandit's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are using Navicat, no that's not slow. It could take up to 3 hours (or more though unlikely), that's why he gave the CMD box option, it's WAY faster.

As for the "can't find specified file", I believe it means it can't find the world sql file that you are trying to execute, NOT the MySQL program.
    Last edited by psychobandit; 07-18-2010 at 01:07 AM.

AJay's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hiya Myran2. I'm kinda scratching my head a bit here. I'm totally new to all this and thus far your guide has been the easiest to follow. All I really want to do is get a 'own use only' server running but I seem to be hitting brick walls.

I've followed your great guide down to the letter and although there are a few things I was stumped on I got through it.

I've now hit another wall. I've done everything up to and beyond the maps bit. I go into my source file then bin and then win32_Release. In there I see two applications. Ones authserver and the other is worldserver. Since I can't find trinitycore.exe or trinityrealm.exe i assume these are the apps for getting the game going? Thing is when I click on either one I get an error message that reads - This program can't be started because LIBEAY32.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

Any help my friend would be fantastic. I'm pulling my hair out

Thanks G/R
    3/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by AJay View Post
    Hiya Myran2. I'm kinda scratching my head a bit here. I'm totally new to all this and thus far your guide has been the easiest to follow. All I really want to do is get a 'own use only' server running but I seem to be hitting brick walls.

I've followed your great guide down to the letter and although there are a few things I was stumped on I got through it.

I've now hit another wall. I've done everything up to and beyond the maps bit. I go into my source file then bin and then win32_Release. In there I see two applications. Ones authserver and the other is worldserver. Since I can't find trinitycore.exe or trinityrealm.exe i assume these are the apps for getting the game going? Thing is when I click on either one I get an error message that reads - This program can't be started because LIBEAY32.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

Any help my friend would be fantastic. I'm pulling my hair out
    Yes, those are the files that you're supposed to run, I've update my guide to reflect those changes.

About the missing DLLs, remember the archive you used to get the .libs from?
    In that archive, go into the win32_release folder and use the dlls from there. (place them in your SOUCE/bin/win32_release/ folder.)

AJay's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by myran2 View Post
    Yes, those are the files that you're supposed to run, I've update my guide to reflect those changes.

About the missing DLLs, remember the archive you used to get the .libs from?
    In that archive, go into the win32_release folder and use the dlls from there. (place them in your SOUCE/bin/win32_release/ folder.)
    Ahh excellent. Ok thats got rid of the error message matey, thank you.

Now not to sound totally daft but what do I do next? I've tried clicking on both the apps and I can see a black command screen pop up for about half a second and then nothing. Begining to think I've really mucked things up somewhere hehe :confused:

AJay's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great news. I re-done everything from scratch and I've now got everything working. Authserver and worldserver are both running fine. Now I've hit another one of those walls again, probably down to inexperiance but what do I do next? I've tried to start wow up and it still askes for my regular logon detail plus authenticator code. Authserver has said something like Added realm 'Trinity' but there is no realm named trinity once i log in.

I most sound like a right donut :confused:

Any help again mate would be great.

Thanks G/R
    3/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by AJay View Post
    Great news. I re-done everything from scratch and I've now got everything working. Authserver and worldserver are both running fine. Now I've hit another one of those walls again, probably down to inexperiance but what do I do next? I've tried to start wow up and it still askes for my regular logon detail plus authenticator code. Authserver has said something like Added realm 'Trinity' but there is no realm named trinity once i log in.

I most sound like a right donut :confused:

Any help again mate would be great.
    Have you changed your realmlist?

Open WoW DIRECTORY/Data/EnUS(enGB etc)/realmlist.wtf with notepad.
    change set realmlist us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com (might be eu.logon)
    to set realmlist 127.0.0.1

AJay's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers for all your help Myran2 mate. I'm all up and running. Even went public with it so my friends could have a bit of fun hehe. Duly repped for a great guide buddy.

mwood100's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Myran2
    I am trying to compile my own trinity server and well i ran into a problem i noticed in the screen shot of when you were compiling it said that there were 10 successful 0 errors 0 up-to-date and 0 failed, while when i compiled mine last night i noticed it only said 8 successful 0 errors 0 up-to-date and 0 failed going against what i thought i should do i just continued with the guild, then when i attempted to execute my database into navicat it was taking AGES (i started it when i left for work and 10 hours later when i got home it was just getting to 18%, so i tried the command prompt method and it gives me the error of "ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost'", i followed your original guide to what i thought was to a letter but i may be wrong... any suggestions? or should i just do a clean wipe of it all and start over? any and all help will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Mwood100

EDIT: i also have all the correct versions of the programs and everything you said to download including Visual C++ 2008

Thanks G/R
    3/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by mwood100 View Post
    Hello Myran2
    I am trying to compile my own trinity server and well i ran into a problem i noticed in the screen shot of when you were compiling it said that there were 10 successful 0 errors 0 up-to-date and 0 failed, while when i compiled mine last night i noticed it only said 8 successful 0 errors 0 up-to-date and 0 failed going against what i thought i should do i just continued with the guild, then when i attempted to execute my database into navicat it was taking AGES (i started it when i left for work and 10 hours later when i got home it was just getting to 18%, so i tried the command prompt method and it gives me the error of "ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost'", i followed your original guide to what i thought was to a letter but i may be wrong... any suggestions? or should i just do a clean wipe of it all and start over? any and all help will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Mwood100

EDIT: i also have all the correct versions of the programs and everything you said to download including Visual C++ 2008
    The fact that it said 8 successful but didn't have 2 failed is weird.
    If everything compiled okay (no failed), then I guess you should be fine.

About the database, you can try SQLyog, some people have reported that it executes queries much faster than navicat.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast