Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is awesome. I had never explored the Alpha client before. +4 rep to the OP for awesomeness.

So, Ironforge is amazing... love the 2-level concept with the bridges. I also went to Karazhan to see how that was originally, and that was wicked as well. (any way to get up to the tower? Seemed to be floating...)

What other areas are "like this" in the Alpha client that I must check out? ie: big changes like Ironforge from Alpha to initial release that I would really want to see for myself? Obviously I'm checking out the developer and strange island areas, but I'd like to see the public things like Ironforge and Deadwind Pass etc. that are out in the open but have been completely changed.

*edit: I've actually never explored ANY other client before... is this how it all works? You just find downloads online like this and boom you're playing private versions of WoW? Is this forum full of worlds like this? What is the difference between emulation and private servers? And where does model editing come into all this? Man, I've only been exploring live... I feel like the rabbit hole goes so deep it seems intimidating...
    Last edited by WizardTrokair; 02-11-2012 at 01:10 PM.

World Of Warcraft Classic Alpha Client[2003]
    Nyarly's Avatar ★ Elder ★ Lorekeeper of Exploration
    Thanks G/R
    367/315
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha trokair, i'll try to answer few things.

First, places to see in the alpha :
    Doctor lapidis/giljim island.
    Designer/programmer island.
    Scarlet monastery.
    Underwater housing tests.
    And I can't remember the rest, i made a shittons of screenshots and can't remember where i put them.. stupid memory.. will edit this tomorrow if i retrieved my lost screenshots and memories.

This is how it works, you need a server and you need a client which is supported by the server (you need a 4.0.6 client for cataclysm server 3.3.5 for wotlk 2.4.3 for bc 1.12 for vanilla because 99% of the servers you can find support these versions).
    Although you can explore everything, there is no npc, no quest, no scripts, .... This is why you can find 9000+ repacks for the same version, they have not the same database (and not the same crash issues).

I don't know if there's any difference between emulation and private servers but if i understand it correctly, emulation should be like a sandbox and private servers should be this same sandbox but with a populated database for quest/npc/scripts/raid/....

Model edit has nothing to do with this i think. You can model edit on official servers and it's client side so i don't know what are you asking here.

Hope i'm more than 50% correct and that i was clean enough for you to understand

Malfurion's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe I'm too stupid, but I don't get this ports to work. Is there anybode else with the same problem? I've tried some things and I've found out how to port via clicks on the map, but ".go" ".port" and all those things don't work for me. But this is very important tool. :-(

Thebigman1212's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick question... I have downloaded all 3 files from Game front but none of them contain the actual game client. I just have 3 files:

AlphaWoW03bynebz.part1
    AlphaWoW03bynebz.part2
    AlphaWoW03bynebz.part3

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

WizardTrokair's Avatar <Walks Through Walls>
    Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Malfurion View Post
    Maybe I'm too stupid, but I don't get this ports to work. Is there anybode else with the same problem? I've tried some things and I've found out how to port via clicks on the map, but ".go" ".port" and all those things don't work for me. But this is very important tool. :-(
    I also couldn't figure out teleporting. This is my first adventure with this sort of thing, but the only way I could get around was via clicks on the map, as you said.

I wish I could figure out the teleporting, because I was able to figure out the switching of maps via editing the file (as MoD outlined above).... but most maps just put me falling in midair... and I assume the ability to teleport would fix this issue and allow me to explore these maps properly.

Thanks G/R
    367/315
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't it .worldport ? I can't test right now but usually it's
    .worldport (or .go .tele .tp depending on the core) X Y Z where X Y and Z are the coords you want to be teleported at.

And Thebigman iirc there are 4 parts. I also can't check that because i don't have my hard drive here.

Linostar's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    whats the reason? i can log in but see no npcs or other things, only green textures...

Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by NanaCry View Post
    Isn't it .worldport ? I can't test right now but usually it's
    .worldport (or .go .tele .tp depending on the core) X Y Z where X Y and Z are the coords you want to be teleported at.
    None of this seems to be working for me.

This goes in the box that pops up when you press ~, not the chat box, correct? Do you need to download something additional to make teleporting work?

I need to play with this some more... really would like to worldport around this Alpha client a bit.

Synaptique's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It goes into the regular chat.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    whats the reason? i can log in but see no npcs or other things, only green textures...

That's because you are playing with a sandbox client. This means: You can only run around and explore, it is not usable for playing. It doesn't have gameobjects, NPCs, Quests and anything like this. Sandboxes are only useful for exploring.. In the case of the alpha, this is really enough. ^^

None of this seems to be working for me.

This goes in the box that pops up when you press ~, not the chat box, correct? Do you need to download something additional to make teleporting work?

I need to play with this some more... really would like to worldport around this Alpha client a bit.
    Me too. I want to explore all the instances, but I need teleporting. Mhm.. Is the old Karazhan-Instance inside the alpha? Would love to see it. It's awesome enough to see the continents, but there is so much more to explore..

Linostar's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But i dont think it is normal to see only green textures. green wood green ironforge, all is green

Thanks G/R
    367/315
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, i might have misslinked this thread Trokair, in fact i'm using this one : [HD Video] Ironforge from the Alpha version of WoW
    (seems like it's the same but if worldport doesn't work on yours, then it might be broken with this release ?)

Found an old screenshots with a worldport : Imageshack - moon3x.jpg
    Apparently you must type it on the usual tchat.

Again, i don't have my hard drive to test right now, if it's still not working on monday i'll help you.

@Linostar : Green textures aren't normal but i don't know where it comes from, try downloading it again ? :/
    Last edited by Nyarly; 02-14-2012 at 02:07 PM.

Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @NanaCry : Thanks so much for your help. I'm sure with this added push and information I can figure it out from here.

@Linostar: I am not getting any green textures. All I did is download the files ITT and follow the instructions. Not sure where your green textures are coming from. Strange indeed! Good luck.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Nanacry, now I got it!
    You have to type into the console (Open via ö): worldport (Without point, exclamation mark or anything) and then the coords from the list.
    As a example for copy and paste:
    worldport 0 -6092.32 -3214.55 262.727

But the list seem to incorrect.. but I will keep looking for interesting places.

Thanks G/R
    367/315
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usually it's
    command MapID X Y Z (forgot the mapid argument on my former post) but iirc on abyss server the MapID number doesn't change anything, you have to manually change it in a file before logging in.
    Meaning that if you spawn on the MapID 1, typing worldport 2 0 0 0 won't teleport you to the MapID 2 (which is undermine), it will teleport you to the same MapID where you spawned (1) at the coords (0,0,0).
    Your incorrect values might comes from this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast