Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Memory editing items

Hello.

Just wondering if it's still possible to memory edit item packets in WoW.

On private servers you used to be able to edit packets you received from vendors, and could alter what you buy from said vendor. Like you could but some white cloth item from the vendor and what you would actually get is Atiesh (or whatever item you edited it to).

Memory editing items
    DarkLinux's Avatar Former Staff
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    188/531
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could be wrong but I remember it as an index and not an item id. Dont think anything like that would work on retail or on any latest core.

-Ryuk-'s Avatar Elite User CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    38/51
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by DarkLinux View Post
    I could be wrong but I remember it as an index and not an item id. Dont think anything like that would work on retail or on any latest core.
    Yeah you are correct, It does expect an index and not an itemID. Ref: TrinityCore/ItemHandler.cpp at a6d1b3447209ba2203edd5d934f061228f1d1ae0 * TrinityCore/TrinityCore * GitHub

Fun fact though: You used to be able to buy items and place them in bags that you don't have equipt.
    |Leacher:11/2009|Donor:02/2010|Established Member:09/2010|Contributor:09/2010|Elite:08/2013|

4. Thanks MrNoble, DarkLinux (2 members gave Thanks to -Ryuk- for this useful post)
    culino2's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    139/72
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by DarkLinux View Post
    Client sends both vendorSlot and itemID, last time I checked the retail server only checked the itemID, slot could be always 0. But as Ryuk has figured out, trinity seems to validate both.
    I abused this many many years ago to loop through the items to see if there's something special.

Originally Posted by -Ryuk- View Post
    Fun fact though: You used to be able to buy items and place them in bags that you don't have equipt.
    Or crash the server with the same packet and lose no gold but get the item. idk who has found the exploit first, RaoV or some other russian/spain guy.

6. Thanks DarkLinux, -Ryuk- (2 members gave Thanks to culino2 for this useful post)