Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by H4wker View Post
    Full disclosure - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    But, make no mistake, to hide the vulnerabilities from the public would not help the users at all.
    Because they would simply ignore the warning? How is it any different than whats going on right now?

The mimic devs can just stop lying about detection and former detections.
    You're both speaking as if Mimic devs have any idea/interest in whats going on over here. They're all chinese, and the only link to the rest of the world is via their resellers. That means they wont stop selling, and ignorant EU/US people would keep buying their bots. For all we know the Mimic devs never made any claims regarding detectability and such, thats all Brandons doing.

All thats effectively happening here is getting random people banned for no real reason.

WoWMimic Detection (Again)
    KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    you mean from what YOU know, never speak on behalf of the rest of MMOwned please

Robske's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    3/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Omaster View Post
    @Moji:
    I dont think anyone was doubting Cyphers skill. However, it *IS* wrong to screw over thousands of people by mailing blizzard instructions on how to get them all caught botting. How are there two sides to that coin?

Again: Hurting Brandon - OK. Hurting thousands of Mimic clients whos only wrongdoing was buying Mimic - Not OK.

@Galpha
    Cypher isnt helping them fix holes, he's mailing blizzard information on how to catch them. Furthermore, if he wanted to help, he'd not be posting these threads on public forums and his blog.
    Haha, what about all the people who get screwed over by the botters - The people who DO NOT BOT. If you think their only wrongdoing was buying mimic as a bot then you've missed something.
    In my opinion, all bot USERS (especially the braindead ones who use mimic) can pretty much die in righteous fire.

Cypher/Kynox are pointing out some very serious holes in their so-called "detection". If the mimic devs have their heads to far up their own arses to not see it nor react to it then they deserve to get their bot and all it's users banned.
    Last edited by Robske; 05-18-2009 at 12:01 PM.
    "Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live." - Martin Golding
    "I cried a little earlier when I had to poop" - Sku

Cypher's Avatar Kynox's Sister's Pimp
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by KuRIoS View Post
    The mimic devs can just stop lying about detection and former detections.
    They stop their bullshit and I'll practice responsible disclosure.

They keep up the bullshit and I'll keep doing full public disclosure.

Ball is in their court.

@Moji:
    I dont think anyone was doubting Cyphers skill. However, it *IS* wrong to screw over thousands of people by mailing blizzard instructions on how to get them all caught botting. How are there two sides to that coin?

Again: Hurting Brandon - OK. Hurting thousands of Mimic clients whos only wrongdoing was buying Mimic - Not OK.

@Galpha
    Cypher isnt helping them fix holes, he's mailing blizzard information on how to catch them. Furthermore, if he wanted to help, he'd not be posting these threads on public forums and his blog.
    I've said it a million times. Nothing has been emailed to Blizzard as of this moment. That is the last resort if they keep up the lying.

Also, please explain to me how me finding bugs and the mimic devs fixing them is somehow "not helping" secure the bot. Yes I'm not doing it in a 'nice' way, but it doesn't change the fact that I am indeed helping them in a way (and they've admitted that themselves).

Because they would simply ignore the warning? How is it any different than whats going on right now?

You're both speaking as if Mimic devs have any idea/interest in whats going on over here. They're all chinese, and the only link to the rest of the world is via their resellers. That means they wont stop selling, and ignorant EU/US people would keep buying their bots. For all we know the Mimic devs never made any claims regarding detectability and such, thats all Brandons doing.

All thats effectively happening here is getting random people banned for no real reason.

They very much do have an idea and an interest. The claims are on their primary site, not just Brandons. My posts have been plastered all over their forums, and they've also responded publicly several times.

They are VERY much aware what is going on, even to the point they are claiming to have hired a new developer (which should be fun). Also, version .44 was released SPECIFICALLY to combat the troll detection method I posted (which they fell for).

So please, unless you've actually been following this closely like I have, refrain from commenting.

Originally Posted by Robske007a View Post
    Haha, what about all the people who get screwed over by the botters - The people who DO NOT BOT. If you think their only wrongdoing was buying mimic as a bot then you've missed something.
    In my opinion, all bot USERS (especially the braindead ones who use mimic) can pretty much die in righteous fire.

Cypher/Kynox are pointing out some very serious holes in their so-called "detection". If the mimic devs have their heads to far up their own arses to not see it nor react to it then they deserve to get their bot and all it's users banned.
    Well said. The botters seem to think they have some kind of god-given right to bot but that others don't have the right to go up against them. Kinda funny how hypocritical they are.

LegacyAX's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Botting is A RIGHT!!!!!

Kidding lol... I think your point was made pretty well cypher. Youve obviously made an impact on Mimic devs since the personally put talked about this post on mimicusa.com Home page news lol. heard they hired anouther china main to 'out smart' warden xD

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by LegacyAX View Post
    Botting is A RIGHT!!!!!

Kidding lol... I think your point was made pretty well cypher. Youve obviously made an impact on Mimic devs since the personally put talked about this post on mimicusa.com Home page news lol. heard they hired anouther china main to 'out smart' warden xD

Yeah I lol'd irl when I saw they hired "one of the best game hackers in china" (paraphrase).

Moji's Avatar Established Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Moji:

Wrong sir, you are only seeing one side to that coin, possibly because you are a Mimic user?

However, it *IS* wrong to screw over thousands of people by mailing blizzard instructions on how to get them all caught botting.
    No

[Side 1] Blizzard and many anti-botting feminists will favor the idea of getting botters banned. They LIKE this idea.

[Side 2] Mimic users would hate the idea simply because their favorite little bot just got detected and now their accounts are banned.

Now count it... TWO sides to every story... NOT one...

NOW if Mimic decided to take into consideration what Cypher was saying, none of this would happen. However, if Cypher does turn in the information to catch Mimic, then they will be forced to fix their flaws OR shut down completely due to incompetence.

I whole-heartedly agree with Cyphers actions.

Just be glad that Kynox and Cypher aren't programming Warden. We'd ALL be screwed.

Shynd's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Cypher and Kynox were programming Warden, it'd still be hashing all open windows and Blizzard wouldn't have caved to that malware propaganda that Hoglund was spewing. Imagine if the devs behind Warden were as open and expressive as, say, Ghostcrawler.

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Shynd View Post
    If Cypher and Kynox were programming Warden, it'd still be hashing all open windows and Blizzard wouldn't have caved to that malware propaganda that Hoglund was spewing. Imagine if the devs behind Warden were as open and expressive as, say, Ghostcrawler.

It'd be doing a lot more than that.

Robske's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    3/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Shynd View Post
    Did you see his latest post on cleave?

Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    We think cleave teams are too dominant, especially in 2s. We don't think they are as bad in 3s, but the community is very focused on 2s at the moment.

We don't think it's as simple as melee classes doing too much damage or having too much armor. We don't even necessarily think it's "melee" because I'm not convinced shamans and druids are affected. We think it has more to do with ranged classes not always able to bring their CC or survival tools to bear against melee.
    I still can't believe it, he does NOT play this game.
    Last edited by Robske; 05-18-2009 at 02:44 PM.
    "Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live." - Martin Golding
    "I cried a little earlier when I had to poop" - Sku

Shynd's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Cypher:
    Well, yes, but at the VERY least. And that, by itself, would stop a hell of a lot more generic hacks or hackers than the current, specialized Warden. Imagine if you could search for Cheat Engine and then pop up an error, in-game, saying "hi, we know you're cheating; stoppit." How many of the newbies who frequent this site would be scared shitless?

@Robske:
    No? What post?

Moji's Avatar Established Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Cypher View Post

It'd be doing a lot more than that.
    Hackin our interwebs n stealz our bandwithz

Barnzy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Cypthor was the warden programmer, there wouldn't be a u/d bot out tbh... Lucky he isn't **Cythor don't let Blizz pay bribe you!**

ramey's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would be really funny (probably a good idea though) to try to hire Cypher or Kynox.. lol :|

LegacyAX's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @cypher...

Im sure by now you know, But Mimic is 100% detected on live servers since 3.1.2 , I know you didnt submit anything yet (keyword: 'yet') But you were right, ALOT of mimic users were insta-banned today, and it def. wasnt froma simple kids reporting to a GM, Many of the cases I read today were exactly when Mimic say "gathering data from wow" (translated: "Injecting melete.dll into wow...." xD ) and they user got a Disconnect, then Insta-Ban *BAM* Ban Hammer falls and they cant login... So the noob rushes to IE, and goes to his Gmail acc(s) to look for the....dom dom dahhhh!!! Account Closure Email!

Due to the use of Third party software.......

ughh... AND to make it EVEN worse! This was with their NEWEST release .45! That means they didnt take ANYTHING serious after reading/hearing about your post or other reverser warnings!

Well TBH ... Im really Not surprized.... More or less disappointed that they didnt take anyone who knows a shits warnings seriously.. and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!! Now look what you did...Banned all your users... (lol)

All in all. I agree with cypher, Due to the fact that they have always claimed to be 'safe' and 'undetected' etc... Then did nothing about it when it there were CLEAR signs in the PTR showing mimic was being scanned for.... Like seriously come on...

Anyway good shit.... Peace out.

-L_AX

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast