0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I lol'ed hard.

Ofc glider takes the fun out of the game, but when you havent got time or your totally addicted to it, its a good way of getting out to a party and not caring about what glider does cuz its so cute. Its good if you dont want to sit infront of your screen, farming all day... Its to get rid of all the nasty things in wow!

Glider Lawsuit Discussion Thread
    lsybarra's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Be weary though, If you have ever played any games fps comps...you will know this. " True skill is vs 1v1 2v2 3v3 4v4 5v5 " Hacks did give you alot of advantage before but blizz has overcome quite a bit but slowly at best. ECT. armor ratings,warden updates. If blizzard wins this will give them control to regulate warden scans ect. with you eula disclamer with will be updated after the ruling.

Phygar's Avatar ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Thanks G/R
    7/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by weekendwars View Post
    True and yea, i really thought that MDY was a small company, i really have no idea.
    They are "small" in the sense that they have few people working for them. In fact, there are just three.

Classified's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by emilfriberg View Post
    i see glider as a cheat

why even play the game when you have a bot that can do all for you?

You just don't get it? It makes things easier. Gold = pots etc. 0 Gold = Phail/No raid. GG

JD's Avatar Fedora Potato Johnson V
    Thanks G/R
    12/89
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apoc's Avatar Angry Penguin
    Thanks G/R
    0/12
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Mea.Culpa View Post
    That's from 07, and already linked in the first post.

TunakTun's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think MDY will lose, compaired to blizzard they are small and as other members said blizzards lawyers get paid loads because there good at there job.

Theres always the chance of MDY winning tho, as its not always about who has the most money.

Btw if you think using glider isnt cheating within World of Warcraft you're wrong, you need to agree to there terms meaning anything they say isnt allowed is cheating... there rules not yours.

Gripen2's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I havent really readed alot about the case...

When will the next "Update" come from glider about it?

Joethemagicalhobo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am torn with this case. Part of me feels that is MDY loses a large portion of this forum will be destroyed, yet I also know that whenever some botting program is killed, another just takes its place. I also dislike glider, it is too simple to use in my opinion, and therefore appeals to the largest audience. (Yes I know this is great as far as business sense is speaking, but too many use it for it's own good [also why blizzard targeted it])

Krunkage's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Joethemagicalhobo View Post
    Yes I know this is great as far as business sense is speaking, but too many use it for it's own good [also why blizzard targeted it]

Blizzard would have targeted it anyway, its a bot. Its against the rules.

obox's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope Blizzard wins I don't like MDY and I don't use Glider.
    Blizzard won the first round and MDY had to pay 6,000,000 $.
    The creator of Glider made a shitload of money by creating a program that violates the tos and the rules he aggreed to follow and not break...

"And in game 'law' shouldn't carry over to real life law."
    So you mean that if we break rules of the ToS and such it shouldn't matter in real life.I aggre but this is a particular case...the guy made millions with this bot getting some people too much gold and honor on wich others should spend hours to get it..however you look at it the bot breaks the rules the creator sold over 100,000 copies also it was named "wowglider" now they changed it to "mmoglider"

ReidE96's Avatar Archer Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But part of the case is Blizzard claiming the bot shouldn't be allowed to make a copy of the exe in memory. That opens a whole kettle of fish. OH NOES I COPIED MY WOW TO ANOTHER FOLDER SO I HAVE TWO COPIES, I BROKES THE LAW! <- If Blizzard win on every point, that's a possible reality. Plus, in order to play the game at all, you need to copy it into RAM.

suicidity's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obox, you're blowing it out of proportion.

The ToS and EULA are agreements that you Sign basically saying that Blizzard owns the game and servers, and can do as they please with the content and ownership of thus said.

Not that it's illegal to do things like automate activity; Whilst sure, that is true that if you automate activity you will most likely be banned for it (Illegal in "Game-Law"), because why? Blizzard owns the content and can do as they please; Not that they are going to lock you up into jail, because they are not the law. It would be silly to do that; and quite illegal (Illegal in the real world which you seem not connected to.)

The legality of Glider and like products goes as far as retrieving information from the WoW process in one of said ways; It's being contemplated whether copying WoW into RAM is against Copyright laws or not.

It's not about whether it's against the ToS or EULA, because it's not stated in the ToS or EULA that you cannot create a program to Automate activities; Because that would be against the law.

So why don't you, and your nay-sayers go and diddle somewhere else off of Botting forums; Just simply because 1) You're ignorant and know not what you're talking about. 2) You are close minded, and cannot think for yourself; And you are solid on your opinion that Blizzard is correct 3) You're ignorant and have not an idea of what you're talking about.

Thanks.

doubledown's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Omg, naive as I am I wouldn't have thought that MDY could make so much money off of it... that's probably because I can't imagine 11 mil. people playing one game

The next thing I wouldn't have thought is that the case is still open. I really don't understand law...

A bot is of course against the rules of an MMORPG since "value" in such programs is defined by time spent in the game. So everyone who uses a bot either doesn't want to play the game right or he does but hasn't got the necessary time for that. As sad as the latter might be, bots bring "chaos" (or imbalance) to such games and any person distributing such software (be it commercially or free) sabotages the game and naturally the company behind it.
    That's why in the end MDY will lose, beacause they're pissing on Blizzard's front door.

On the other hand (as a tech geek) I find the project of automating certain aspects of such a game utterly stimulating. But the law of course isn't interested in that.

Xenare's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im sorry if i refer to MDY as Markee, As i am a subscriber to Markeedragons, Youtube channel, I do know his real name, As he always refers to himself as Markee, And Those facts are real, Google them, + Name a Game that is played more?

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast