0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[pPather] Mount Fix - All CC and Task

Just wanted to try and help with the mount issue that I have seen pop up in most of the glider / Task post on the site.

As for Glider, it is 100% the CC issue, except for flying mounts, that is still in the works and will be fixed in the future.

pPather is another story. Many peolpe have issues with their mounts while using pPather. The reason for this is NO the Custom Class (CC), it is the task file. Well atleast 90% of the time it is.

It is a very simple fix that anyone can do in order to get their mounts to work in a TASK (PPAther only) file.

Open up the .psc file (task file, whatever you named it, should end in .psc) and add the following code to it.

$UseMount = True;

Now you have to put this in the right place. This is pretty easy as well. In your task file you will see a lot of items that start with the $ sign, just ad this to the next line, like any of the examples below;
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Par
    {
    $MinLevel = $MyLevel-7;
    $MaxLevel = $MyLevel+2;

$UseMount = True;
    Defend
    {
    $Prio = 0;

$UseMount = True;
    }
    Rest
    {
    $Prio = 0;

$UseMount = True;
    }
    Danger
    {
    $Prio = 1;
    $Distance = 20;

$UseMount = True;
    }

Now you are not going to add it to ALL of those areas, just ONE time needed in the task file. I just showed all of the above because 99% of the task files have one of the above "statements" in them. The point is, to simply add it under another $ statement.

Add that to most of the tasks that are out there and it will fix the mount issue. The reason for this is that most CC coders want the task file to determin what and when to use things. The CCs that do have a mount options under the CC Option menu, is mainly for the waypoint glider, even if it is a Pather CC the same code was used to make their version of the waypoint CC and ust did not remove the part of the code. But to be safe make sure that the options are enabled as well if there is one.

Just make sure any of your task files that you use, have the
    $UseMount = True;
    or False, if you do not want to use it, and it should work.

Just an idea, sorry if this is a report I am not going to lie, I did not search, I just read a bunch of task files on here and saw the issue, so even if it was posted before, apparently it needs to be brought back into the light.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Aphix; 01-23-2009 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Fixed some spelling errors, (I am sure there are more)

[pPather] Mount Fix - All CC and Task
    Bunster's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool, sure alot of people will need this nice work :wave:

wide's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, i do that with all the tasks i download. dunno why but none have UseMount enabled.
    btw, i think you mostly need to add $UseMount = True to the Hotspots, Harvest and Vendor sections, you don't want your bot to mount up just to loot a mob that died while running away.

grak's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or you can just open pather > settings and set 'Use mount' to Always mount?:P There you can also set minimum mounting distance btw
    Last edited by grak; 01-24-2009 at 07:53 AM.