Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    getting stucked on loading when its trying to start new task on slot 1 (leatherworking gather simple pelts)

Version 2.1 , was also getting stucked doing simple pelts with version 2.0 also

APB Ultimate
    BaseN's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn't work cause it's 64bit... It would work if you were using x64 XP. Considering I'm building Qt and QtWebkit from source (which takes a few hours) to make it as light and as fast as possible and pickup the latest bugfixes, I don't plan on releasing a 32bit version. If there is high demand for it I will compile it against the full released Qt5 32bit libraries which will be slower, eat more resources etc. But I certainly don't plan on compiling both versions of the libraries every now and then..(we're talking double the already very long time to compile).

But seriously..every CPU sold in the last decade is 64bit and there's no reason at all to use an outdated 32bit OS (specially XP that is on its end of life cycle..meaning no more updates to it from MS). In 53 days all support for XP will cease (this means no security updates either so malware will run amok on XP users..) Support for Windows XP is ending
    So me supporting it when Microsoft themselves are dropping ALL support for it, is a funny notion
    Do yourself a favor and upgrade to 7. If you have an old system and are worried that 7 is heavier, don't. If you strip the eyecandy from 7, it is faster than XP in any possible way and utilizes resources way better.

Darxide23's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by LastSlot View Post
    Don't work on my WinXP SP3. Any way to make that bot work on WinXP machines?
    32-bit operating systems are so '90s.

shrekakias's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have windows 7 proff 64bit

whats the bsts numbers we should put on Max timeouts and Loop delay ?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by shrekakias View Post
    getting stucked on loading when its trying to start new task on slot 1 (leatherworking gather simple pelts)

Version 2.1 , was also getting stucked doing simple pelts with version 2.0 also
    Try deleting the contents of the "Cache" directory. I can not reproduce this so it's something on your end (eg bad network conditions/route to server) or Gateway itself not responding. Try increasing timeout value and possibly try relog on timeout feature if Gateway is timing out on you a lot.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loop Delay is the time it takes to restart the entire loop again once all your characters are done. It is also used with the relog after timeout feature (bot will wait that amount of time before trying to relog).

Max timeouts value is used for 2 things.
    a) Internally it controls how many times it will try to read the contents of the URL in order to find out if something succeeded or not, or find a button.
    b) It is also the maximum times an operation can timeout before the bot follows your timeout option setting (move to next task, relog or stop).

All my internal testing is done with the Max timeouts value to 5. If you don't timeout much then setting it lower can make some checks faster but if the Gateway is doing hiccups on you or your network connection is flooded by downloading torrents or something, a lower value will make the bot fail in many parts. So basic rule is keep it at 5..if your connection is bad or Gateway is currently unstable increase it. It may make the bot work a bit more slowly but it will keep it running. There's not much gain by lowering it, even if your connection is pristine, if the Gateway hiccups it may stop it and all you can gain by lowering it is a couple of seconds per run.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Methuselas, mind if you send me that icon in a PM or mail? (You already have my mail). Because the attachment on the post needs approval before I can download it.

Thanks!

Methuselas's Avatar Sergeant Major
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Np. It's on my photobucket, cos I thought that would be easier, but apparently not. It will be later this evening, but I will email it to you tonight.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default numbers are best. Loop delay works at 60 if you're doing tasks with very low time (10 minutes, etc) but if the tasks are 30 minutes or longer, 120 seconds is best.

electropica's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bot looks to work fine for me.

- Windows resize doesn't let things to move
    - we can't edit a selected task
    - professions can be open without character conf
    - import/export, log windows, stats and automatic conf doesn't work
    - no extra implanted

- display but after windows reduce.
    - crazy cpu usage.
    - close the windows doesn't stop the bot

alklas's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the bot is working for 1 character , 3 slots, 3 tasks , first workable
    but with 2 characters, 6 slots, 6 task, first workable, i have timeouts and the bot disconnects

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bot list is missing Leatherworking items specific to Hunter Ranger.

For example: Rank 8, Hide Armor +2

I added in the few things I need for my own purposes locally, though. I assume that Weaponsmith is missing the bows and stuff as well.

While testing this, I found that if an earlier slot has no task set up in it (the queue is empty) the bot will skip that entire character. What I mean is, if slot 1 has no task set up it will just skip that character and move to the next one. I had something already crafting in slot 1 and so I left it blank for testing purposes and just setup stuff in slot 2. The bot just looked at slot 1, saw that nothing was queued and never even went onto slot 2. It just went to my second character and looped.
    Last edited by Darxide23; 02-14-2014 at 03:53 AM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by electropica View Post
    - Windows resize doesn't let things to move
    Not sure what you mean by this one.

- we can't edit a selected task
    Not ure what you mean by this one either..

- professions can be open without character conf
    I know..and that is bad how? This is by design. You may just want to check something out in the recipes.. why require character config to open the window? I don't see any harm in this..

- import/export, log windows, stats and automatic conf doesn't work
    - no extra implanted
    Both of those are listed as not implemented yet in the OP...

- display but after windows reduce.
    No idea what you mean here.

- crazy cpu usage.
    It's only crazy if you have a single core CPU. That said I will reduce CPU usage by a lot.

- close the windows doesn't stop the bot
    Always use the Stop button before closing the window until I hook the close button to do this automatically.

Originally Posted by alklas View Post
    the bot is working for 1 character , 3 slots, 3 tasks , first workable
    but with 2 characters, 6 slots, 6 task, first workable, i have timeouts and the bot disconnects
    I'm running an instance with 7 characters, 5-6 slots on each and first workables..I don't see any issue with that. First workable will timeout twice on non-working task before switching to the next. It can't work in any other way as it has to know that it can't start that task. Is it something else that you are seeing? If yes, please describe in more detail

Originally Posted by Darxide23 View Post
    The bot list is missing Leatherworking items specific to Hunter Ranger.

For example: Rank 8, Hide Armor +2

I added in the few things I need for my own purposes locally, though. I assume that Weaponsmith is missing the bows and stuff as well.
    I took the lists from APBI. I know some recipes are missing but need to identify and add them. Can you send me the ones you added so I can update the package?

While testing this, I found that if an earlier slot has no task set up in it (the queue is empty) the bot will skip that entire character. What I mean is, if slot 1 has no task set up it will just skip that character and move to the next one. I had something already crafting in slot 1 and so I left it blank for testing purposes and just setup stuff in slot 2. The bot just looked at slot 1, saw that nothing was queued and never even went onto slot 2. It just went to my second character and looped.
    Ok, this is not exactly what is happening. This is something tricky. The gateway has a fundamental problem that can be demonstrated like this (in a regular browser):
    a) You have 2 empty slots, say 1 and 2.
    b) You click on 2 and select a task to start.
    c) After you click start on the task you will find that the task got started but not on slot 2 that you had selected but at the first available empty slot, which is in this example is slot 1.

The above I do not know how to handle. I can not think anything that could work. What happens in code is that the bot checks the amount of slots you have set in your queues. In the example you mentioned that is 1 slot (which is actually slot 2). Bot checks the slots in turn, so once it checks slot 1, which is running in your case, it switches to another character. Because there are no more slots to check you had only set 1 slot. Now the bot could be made to check only the slot numbers that you have actually set (eg slot 2 in your example). That would make it skip slot 1 entirely when it is checking slots. But this will have a VERY nasty side-effect if slot 1 is free. The bot will do this:
    a)Will check slot 2. Find it free or collect it's reward.
    b)Will try to start slot 2 with the task you have set.
    c) Due to the fundamental Gateway issue I said above, the actual task will start on slot 1 which is free.

After this all hell breaks loose because the following will happen:
    a) If you have subsequent slots set then will all start at slot-1. Meaning the task you had on 3 will start on 2, the one on 4 will start on 3. This will mess up your queues.
    b) Even if you don't have subsequent slots set in your queue, when the character's turn comes again, the bot will check again slot 2. Which it will find free because your task started on slot 1. The almost harmless scenario is that the bot will start a duplicate task on slot 2. That is if you have the assets. Now if you don't have the assets, the bot will keep trying and timing out because as far as it's concerned it must start that specific task on slot 2. It doesn't know and can't know that it got started on slot 1.

So as you see until I think a solution for this gateway fundamental flaw, or someone suggests one that is doable, you can never let slots without queues "in the middle", you can only leave empty queues on the end. eg If you have 6 slots, you can not set 1-3-6. You can set 1-2-3 though or 1-2 or 1-2-3-4.

Sorry for the really long post but I thought you should understand what is going on..

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    0.2.2b:
    --New icon by Methuselas!
    --Significantly reduced CPU usage (Significantly is probably the understatement of the century ).
    --Hooked the X button so now it will close properly even if you don't press the Stop button first.
    --Further performance optimizations.

electropica's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    30% on a quad core is crazy for me. It means 90% on a single core.

By resizing i mean this.
    APB Ultimate-sans-titre-jpg

When i select a task in task list to do for a slop, it doesn't change the list of task on the right to change something or copy it in an other slot.
    I have to reselect the task manualy to add it on an other slot.

"- display but after windows reduce."
    It was "bug". I have reduce the window and when i put it back on front i had a full black page then i had to over button to display them normaly or select the content of the page to get back the display.
    Last edited by electropica; 02-14-2014 at 11:34 AM.

Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast