0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are main/safe accounts really safe? Discussion

There have been numerous reports of main/safe accounts that have no direct relation to botting but are indirectly related (i.e. muleing gold). But many people have had these accounts banned, including myself. Ironically my botting accounts have yet to be banned.

So, do you guys feel that it is pointless to have these "main" accounts, blizzard seems to be banning at random/lottery style, just banning selectively from a pool of flagged accounts.

This also leads me to suspect that there must be some sort of manual detection/checking system, since main accounts have been affected too.

Anyway I am thinking of starting from zero again, but this time I am wondering if I should even bother having a "safe" account and just bot all my accounts, since nothing is really safe.

What do you guys feel/think after this recent banwave.

Are main/safe accounts really safe? Discussion
    nvmax's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edited:
    thats wierd never heard of them banning the main account unless they can tie it directly to selling gold from botters
    Last edited by nvmax; 07-13-2012 at 07:49 AM.

warheart209's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are banning by IP something they supposedly aren't supposed to do. But its being done with RMAH access i think all bets are off and they can ban at will whatever and however they want. I mean you get traded some gold that was botted up in WoW that safe account that got traded gold wouldn't even get banned till it sold millions to a china man but now they just ban it before any trades are even made...

jamesc23's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by nvmax View Post
    They only ban the account doing the botting, never heard of them banning the mule.
    Several people from this forum and differing forums have reported so. Including myself. Although it is of course much rarer then botting accounts getting banned, but also consider people have 5-20 botting accounts and only 1-2 "safe" accounts". So the chances are lower because there are less.

But my point of discussion is, is there really any point? All that effort of manually leveling up characters, not using any cheats, and still getting banned. Why bother? Why not just risk it? That's botting.

What do you guys think?

Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by nvmax View Post
    They only ban the account doing the botting, never heard of them banning the mule.
    Read Demonbuddy forums they are banning the mules hell they are banning roomates of people who botted but the roomate didn't even bot... Also Jaerin one of the mods here in shoutbox got all his db/ib accounts banned including his main he doesn't bot on. Give it a day or 2 and im sure we will see lot more mules/safe mains banned because another maintance is coming today 13th and after maintance for passed 2 days many people banned.

nvmax's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by warheart209 View Post
    Read Demonbuddy forums they are banning the mules hell they are banning roomates of people who botted but the roomate didn't even bot... Also Jaerin one of the mods here in shoutbox got all his db/ib accounts banned including his main he doesn't bot on. Give it a day or 2 and im sure we will see lot more mules/safe mains banned because another maintance is coming today 13th and after maintance for passed 2 days many people banned.
    seriously WTF that is stupid

and1mixtape's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...and the game is dieing, these ppl wont buy another D3 accounts, so bli$$ fuked all :P

jamesc23's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yep seems like blizz is just indiscriminately banning everyone and at random

Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im gonna take 2 weeks off of botting diablo not gonna rebuy 21 diablo accounts today to bot for a week and have them all perma banned again..Got to see if this is a quick banwave with the introduction of RMah gold sales OR all bots are now detectable with warden and targeted fast.

zelghadis's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by garbagelol View Post
    Not to be rude, but if you bot / hack, you deserve a ban. I don't see why you would say they're banning at "random".
    because they're not only banning botting/mule accounts. Imagine you live in such a a**** country as Poland - sharing IP is very common here - provider puts on one gateway, plugs 8-10 apartaments to it, you play legitemately, and got banned just because some of your neighbour botted and got caught.

Kylah's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    5/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ON TOPIC:

I think there is always a risk of them banning all associated accounts because they've introduced the RMAH and when you're playing with real money things do tend to get a bit more serious. One way you can at least try to minimize your exposure would be to actually sell crap items through the auction house from your bot to your mules / mains. Yeah you'll lose 15% but I'd say the risks are minimal. Though that doesn't prevent you from having your IP banned. So you'd need to add some protection there, of course.

OFF TOPIC:

Not to be rude, but if you bot / hack, you deserve a ban. I don't see why you would say they're banning at "random".
    Also not to be rude (for real) but why are you here in the first place? This is a site dedicated to exploiting, hacking, etc for games. Seems counter-productive if you think that people who use them should be banned.

Yeah if I get a banhammer to the face I won't complain about it because it's against the rules and I got caught. Frankly, Bliz really dropped the ball on D3 and I honestly feel like the only way to really get decent gear is by farming / buying gold or buying items from RMAH. I think a great majority of people (myself included) turned to this site and to botting because the game isn't working the way a lot of people (customers) wanted / expected it to work. And I certainly don't feel as if anyone who bots, exploits, etc "deserves" to get banned.

And the reason is due to the simple fact (opinion lol) that playing the game as Bliz expected you to play just cannot generate enough gold to be able to purchase items to regularly upgrade as you progress (talking about average players going in late hell to inferno, not people who play the game for hours on end) nor do you typically find items in significant quantities that you'd be able to sell for enough gold to continue to upgrade. And if you don't want to use the Auction House...well when was the last time you found enough gear from just playing the game to progress into Inferno?

If the D3 economy wasn't completely screwed up (and it's not just from gold farmers) then maybe you'd have a decent time trying to upgrade and purchase items though the AH, but the economy is crap and has been getting worse as time goes forward. I mean hell, I don't even get excited about finding legendary items, even though that doesn't happen often. Why? Because all I'm thinking about is can I sell that in the AH in to get more gold in order to buy a better whatever. I think we deserve a better game, one that actually gave you some incentive to keep playing and the positive feelings of having accomplished something for the amount of time you put into it. Once we get that, then sure banhammer away
    Last edited by Kylah; 07-13-2012 at 09:12 AM.

jamesc23's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i don't have a problem with being banned, you get caught you get whats coming, we all take that risk

by banning at random i ment, blizzard are banning randomly within the pool of people that bot, because not everyone that has been botting has been banned (using the same program that people were banned using), that's why I say its very random, no one really knows the conditions for being banned, and there isn't really any common denominator other then they were somehow related to 3rd-party programs - that said, I have reason to believe that bot programs are not 100% detected by warden, because not everyone using program 'x' were banned, and if they could detect 100% then a lot more people would be banned

sungmineyo's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got my safe account banned too. But I think I understand Blizzard's logic on my safe account ban haha. Transferred (from my bot accounts) and sold gold close to 1.5bil in last 2months. And had over 600mil gold AH sale with lvl 10 hero (only char in my safe account). So I think you can't really call ur mule account as "safe account" if you transferred items and gold from ur bot accounts

jamesc23's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by sungmineyo View Post
    I got my safe account banned too. But I think I understand Blizzard's logic on my safe account ban haha. Transferred (from my bot accounts) and sold gold close to 1.5bil in last 2months. And had over 600mil gold AH sale with lvl 10 hero (only char in my safe account). So I think you can't really call ur mule account as "safe account" if you transferred items and gold from ur bot accounts
    well i guess you have it there guys, theres no point in transfering/off-loading to a 'safe' account, just do it on any account and its all the same

Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sungmineyo have you appealed the ban on the level 10 hero "safeaccount" tell them you never botted and they will have a special investigator look into it and should undo the ban since u weren't botting. You were just caught up in the ban process..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast