0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Smoogels View Post
    First of all, Intel motherboards are actually cheaper than AMD. If you want higher end features, then it becomes rather even. Around the £100 price is when AMD motherboards introduce more extras over Intel.

A i5 could most likely run the same amount of bots as a FX 8150 anyway. Why? Glad you asked.

A Bulldozer has low IPC (instructions per clock) and a Intel i5 has far more. Therefore as you multitask a i5 can do far more calculations quickly and reduce the overall load on the CPU whereas the Bulldozer has plenty of cores to spread the workload on even though it has dreadfully low IPC. You could probably squeeze one or two more on a FX 8150 than a i5 3570K.

The FX 8150 is not even 8 cores. It's 4 real cores and 4 module cores. If it was 8 cores the heat and power usage would go through the roof. It's a bit like Intels Hyperthreading on i3 and i7 models. You can find graphs about this all over the internet. Games are not optomised for this so it once again reduces the amount of strain you can put on a Bulldozer.

Sadly, I find it hard to explain so if you want a better explanation of it all it's best to look at some websites about it
    Im sure the higher end I5s could bot 15 or so, but show me a multi thread benchmark where any I5 beats an 8150 and neither are Oc'ed because if you OC the 8150 to 5ghz it can do 20 +

anyone on AMD x8 8120 or 8150 cpu? how many bot can u run? thanks
    Smoogels's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Markn12 View Post
    Im sure the higher end I5s could bot 15 or so, but show me a multi thread benchmark where any I5 beats an 8150 and neither are Oc'ed because if you OC the 8150 to 5ghz it can do 20 +
    I cannot, because the FX do beat the i5 in some multithreaded and by a very small amount which is terrible considering it has 8 cores. You cannot defend just how badly they messed up with this release. Look at reviews and you will see that the FX is useless. I found this to be a good, balanced review: AMD Bulldozer Review: FX-8150 Gets Tested : AMD Sets The Stage For FX

Even if a 8150 was overclocked, it still performs badly because of its IPC. A 5GHz Bulldozer can't match a i5 at stock. Plus, think of the extra heat you output as a result. Pointless if you can just grab a i5. And let's not forget about the power consumption. The 8150 already pulls 125W from a system, whereas the Ivy Bridge range pulls 77W. There was a site somewhere which explained the difference between the i5 and the FX 8150 and it was jaw dropping. What do AMD think they are doing?

Your also forgetting a big disadvantage here, which blows your whole argument out of the water. A bulldozer has 4 real cores, and 4 modules. Games, cannot efficiently make use the of the modules and perform VERY poorly on them. Even Windows don't make efficient use of it... Alongside poor IPC, that's why a £50 Pentium gets more FPS in WOW than a 8150. You will not be able to fit "20+" bots on there.

For pure botting, get a FX 8150 because you MAY squeeze one or two more on. If you use it for anything else, a i5 would be far more snappier and perform MUCH better.
    Last edited by Smoogels; 07-31-2012 at 01:45 PM.

Blant's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like how you never answered my question so I'm just gonna go with "you're full of shit" if you think $600-700 for a full rig can bot 15 accounts without isboxer.

Markn12's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Blant View Post
    I like how you never answered my question so I'm just gonna go with "you're full of shit" if you think $600-700 for a full rig can bot 15 accounts without isboxer.
    I never said without isboxer infact I use isboxer and would recommend it to everyone. You can go to newegg yourself but building a machine with 16gbs of ram, 120gb SSD, FX 8150 + MB and ATI 6850 is pretty easy.

Blant's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never said without isboxer infact I use isboxer and would recommend it to everyone. You can go to newegg yourself but building a machine with 16gbs of ram, 120gb SSD, FX 8150 + MB and ATI 6850 is pretty easy.
    you should have stated it lol your original post of a 600-700 dollar machine for 15 bots made it seem like you meant straight up without another app like isboxer/vmware/whatever :P

Markn12's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Blant View Post
    you should have stated it lol your original post of a 600-700 dollar machine for 15 bots made it seem like you meant straight up without another app like isboxer/vmware/whatever :P
    Nah I would assume anyone botting 15+ is gonna use some kind of multiboxing software.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12