2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Buk7op View Post
    i deleted those saved files in WTF folder, unrar addon and didnt show ingame i got rested exp addon... idk what im doing it wrong.
    i just deleted guides folder of curse forge addon and unrar guides folder of your addon and now i got all speed run guides to 60lv. Probably thats not the correct way to install it but now guides for speed leveling above 20lv pop up

RéstédXP Classic | Wrath
    BlueRainsky's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    146/858
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i just deleted guides folder of curse forge addon and unrar guides folder of your addon and now i got all speed run guides to 60lv. Probably thats not the correct way to install it but now guides for speed leveling above 20lv pop up
    As I said, you installed curseforge and knowing it would be 1-20
    Then you deleted the curseforge one and left the saved variables.

It is not hard, delete the addon, delete the saved variables, extract with 7zip to the right folder and done.

But people keep on blaming the addon when they do not install it right.

I did have instructions, but people chose not to read it so I removed them.

Seeing they kept on not reading it, installing it and then blaming the addon for them not installing an addon fully.

3. Thanks Buk7op (1 members gave Thanks to BlueRainsky for this useful post)
    Buk7op's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    some of the guides have arrow cursor missing, u know why? or its from the leveling guide?
    Last edited by Buk7op; 03-05-2024 at 05:22 PM.

Thanks G/R
    146/858
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    some of the guides have arrow cursor missing, u know why? or its from the leveling guide?
    Personally not sure, I do not even use the addon I just provide it.
    I suggest trying it with nothing else running.

recro451's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't checked all but the files towards classic-era-retail RXPGuides v4.5.49 contains a script for a Trojan. Care to elaborate on that ?

Thanks G/R
    146/858
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by recro451 View Post
    I haven't checked all but the files towards classic-era-retail RXPGuides v4.5.49 contains a script for a Trojan. Care to elaborate on that ?
    go ahead and prove your claim. Either you will either post the virus results or I will.

Then you can Laporte why you accused me of doing something I did not.

Or let me take a guess, you use windows defender? That gives false results or .rar files?

When you or I post the virus risk results and find the file is just text and images to make an addon. Then you can explain yourself.

recro451's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't accuse you of anything. I asked you a question, and if you cared to elaborate on it, why do you defend yourself so suddenly ?
    I do not use Windows defender. There was a Trojan Script in the files (well known wacatac.), I just wanted to ask you why ?
    Last edited by recro451; 03-11-2024 at 05:46 AM.

Thanks G/R
    146/858
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't accuse you of anything. I asked you a question, and if you cared to elaborate on it, why do you defend yourself so suddenly ?
    I do not use Windows defender. There was a Trojan Script in the files (well known wacatac.), I just wanted to ask you why ?
    Why would I be defensive, of being accused of something I have not done? Either you provide the virustotal scan or I will.

There is no Trojan script in the file. It is the exact copy of the addon that the developers made.

So either you prove your claim? Or I will post the actual results. But I will still post the actual results.

So my question is, why claim there is a Trojan when there is not and without no proof?

Virustotal will prove the fact, so either you lost it or I will.

Thanks G/R
    146/858
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The result

VirusTotal

So I have proved my claim, so how about you prove yours

recro451's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by BlueRainsky View Post
    The result

VirusTotal

So I have proved my claim, so how about you prove yours
    The thing is, my proof is kind of irrelevant as of now. Ever since I made that post the script somehow disappeared from the package of files. That's a strange coincidence.

I'm not accusing you in person of anything. I just stated that your set of files contained a wacatac trojan at this point of time in the picture. (If people don't know what that is, a quick google search will do)

I was just curious why your uploaded files contained this, hence the question to you. But since you are saying it isn't you - I just thought I'd let you know. Whoever put it there has now removed it anyway, so great job to that person.

asdasdasdasd.png

Thanks G/R
    146/858
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing is, my proof is kind of irrelevant as of now. Ever since I made that post the script somehow disappeared from the package of files. That's a strange coincidence.

I'm not accusing you in person of anything. I just stated that your set of files contained a wacatac trojan at this point of time in the picture. (If people don't know what that is, a quick google search will do)

I was just curious why your uploaded files contained this, hence the question to you. But since you are saying it isn't you - I just thought I'd let you know. Whoever put it there has now removed it anyway, so great job to that person.

asdasdasdasd.png
    The file is a solid archive, nothing can be removed from it and the file stay the same.

Your screenshot does show Windows’s defender as I said. Windows defender does give false results as I said.

The original untouched .rar shows as no virus. My file never contained any virus at all. Just because your windows defender, that you made a screenshot of. Is not set to fully scan .rar files. It would give a false result.

It is a strange coincidence that you have no idea what you downloaded.
    A solid .rar file means nothing can be added to the file and changed. Nothing can be taken from the file and changed. Aka the file is locked. So you claiming the file changed after the non existent Trojan disappeared is literally impossible.

As virus total shows, the original file never had any virus. Strange coincidence that you downloaded the exact same file. That your windows defender that you made a screenshot of. After you claim you do not use windows defender. That is after you made a screenshot of you using it.

Over a decade and not one virus. Why would I?

recro451's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are correct, this is screenshot from a windows defender. However, as I stated I do not use windows defender to detect or investigate threats. Windows defender does however speak plainly in some topics. You are also correct that windows defender can make mistakes on files, specially .rar. If that's the case it will be shown in a very different type of matter in forms of results. If even Windows defender tells you there's a wac, well then you have a good reason to further investigate with other tools, and so I did. Many times - as you say windows defender is wrong or simply mistaken, a wacatac discovered though windows is another matter though.

.rar files are still executable files and there are ways to detect what it contains before executing.
    As said, the uploaded .rar doesn't contain the trojan anymore after I did my post. So that's great news!

Again, not accusing you of anything, never did. I stated that the files you promoted had a trojan wacatac in them, as of this writing moment - it does not. So you see, anything I say is kind of irrelevant as of this moment and you/readers are free to believe what they want. Thanks for answering my questions though

Thanks G/R
    146/858
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are correct, this is screenshot from a windows defender.
    Or it is and you said originally
    A good reason to further investigate with other tools, and so I did. This I agree with and no other tool shows there was a virus.

You know where I get the originalk file from? Just a moment...
    I just add the guides to it and that is it.

The "Solid" .rar file means nothing can be added to it because the file is locked. The original file never had it, so how would a virus be ina locked file after you downloaded it? But when you scan it with virustotal it finds nothing either? That is because there was no virus in the first place.

So you call this not an accusation?
    I stated that the files you promoted had a trojan wacatac in them
    I do not ask them to believe me, I ask them to check it for themselves.

As it clearly stated VirusTotal It never had a virus in the original file at all.

There is option 1, Windows defender shows there is a virus.
    I would say, it is giving a false result because it is a .rar.

But you come along with "you promoted had a trojan wacatac in them". That is an accusation and you claim you did not accuse me of doing something I am not and that is after you have done it.

Thanks G/R
    146/858
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also ten forums.
    Last edited by BlueRainsky; 03-11-2024 at 12:43 PM.

recro451's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just because someone is promoting something, doesn't mean they have full control of what it contains - specifically on files located on servers which can be tampered with by so many different accounts it's not even worth getting into. That's why I said , I'm not accusing you of anything and I still am not, sorry if you are taking it that way. I am sure your intentions are amazing and just great without any form of harm. However there was a file with a corrupt script in the compressed archive which is firmly associated with monitoring your system. which by the way can be compressed, changed, extracted a million times over if you wish, without changing the structure or integrity of the files.

The windows defender is a known issue with rar files as I stated. Same as that link shows. I wouldn't bother asking you questions if I didn't know that already, I come across that on a daily bases and that's not why I wanted to ask you, or rather let you know that it had a sus string in there.

I support p!racy and I'm all for it and I think this is a great guide to promote and share. I've just come accustomed to be rather careful and thorough with things hence I do my own research. What I found in the compressed archive earlier, is there no longer, so again. Irrelevant and as far as I can see as of this writing moment, it contains nothing bad.