Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SharpWoW - The new Mapeditor for WoW

Good news everyone

After a long struggle on YiasDX with unstable and improper code i decided two weeks ago that i will start all over again with a clean and well organized base of code which will allow a better and more flexible way of extensibility in the future. And besides that the new product aims to provide you an All-In-One solution for all your needs. You no longer need to use a dozen of programs to change all that you wanna change like DBC files, terrain files or light parameters you do that all in the same application with editors specialized for that specific task.

During the last two weekends a lot of code already evolved (around 3500 lines) and the most basic features are now implemented. Of course a lot of things that are implemented are though still WIP and not finished (like captions in windows, placements of menus, ...). With this post id like to give you a first preview of the features and the possibility to intervene if you think something is going in a wrong direction (or of course confirmation if its what you absolutely wanna have ).

Well, talked enough, here is a playlist where all the videos concerning SharpWoW will end up:
    SharpWoW - YouTube

Greetings
    Cromon

SharpWoW - The new Mapeditor for WoW
  2. Thanks Eratoc (1 members gave Thanks to Cromon for this useful post)
    Xel's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    94/51
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thread more than approved

Looking awesome Cromon! What I would like to know: Does/will it include a tool
    for model replacement/moving (on ADTs) or is it a terrain modification dedicated
    tool only? Will the light effects include sky settings (with skyboxes) and will the
    modifications be visible on the editor?

Here you go, +10 reputation to keep you going with the awesome work.

Cromon's Avatar Legendary

Thanks G/R
    0/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - Models:
    yes
    - Sky settings:
    yes
    - Visible in the editor:
    i plan so, yes

Xel's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    94/51
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Cromon View Post
    - Models:
    yes
    - Sky settings:
    yes
    - Visible in the editor:
    i plan so, yes
    Great, Great and Awesome.

zimbb's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look forward to see new features)

DeGGuB's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks promising, rendering seems really good. However I've got a couple of questions.

Is it made for 4.x.x or 3.x.x? It'd be nice to have an editor for 4.x.x as it would offer a lot of new options to the worldbuilders. However it seems that it has changed a lot in terms of protection vs model edits and the sort. I've looked into the ways (which you created) to come around these protections, but 3.x.x is just easier to work with in my opinion and I think that most worldbuilders do not care what version of WoW to work with as long as they get to create what they want.

Another thing, Noggit has improved quite a bit over the last months and it has gone open source. I'm going to say something that both Cromon and the Noggit devs might not like, but is there no way to combine the plusses of the programs? Or atleast to have tips/suggestions/hints on functionality and features? But then again, I'd never ever share my builds with another worldbuilder or combine them (bad comparisation probably).

Either way, I hope to see more!

~TheBuG

Thanks G/R
    0/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wel, combination is hard to accomplish, im using DirectX, Noggit uses OpenGL and neither of us is implementing the graphics stuff in an easily exchangeable way.

After a lot of reversing i know have the correct sky colors interpolated over time and angle. Next is to add the glow to exactly match the original:

Original:

Thanks G/R
    0/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MDX-Models added:

Master674's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    2/23
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <something used to be here... its gone now>
    Last edited by Master674; 10-15-2012 at 01:01 PM.

DeGGuB's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice!

Another question, will we be able to adjust the view distance? For some of the greater worldbuilds it's sometimes good to have a full overview of it as a whole.

And yes, I know it's still WIP, but I'm just curious as it's looking very promising.

~TheBuG

Thanks G/R
    0/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that shouldnt be a problem, as long as you have enough RAM you can load a whole continent at once :P

Lighting is nearly finished. What is currently missing are skyboxes. See these two videos about lighting:

SharpWoW - Light Creation [WIP] - YouTube

Last edited by Cromon; 02-12-2012 at 11:09 AM.

Halo636's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if it's possible but can you make the program spawn gameobjects with tools to rotate, and move, possibly snap also then just export the gameobject spawns as an sql?
    Dunno if it would even work but it would be really sweet if it did. Just a suggestion that if possible should be included, if not oh well. You're doing a great job, cannot wait for release!

Edit: As somebody already asked but received no answer; will this be for 4.x or 3.x?

newtech's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Cromon View Post
    I think that shouldnt be a problem, as long as you have enough RAM you can load a whole continent at once :P
    And an SSD, if you don't want to wait 5 eons ^_^

Originally Posted by halo636 View Post
    I don't know if it's possible but can you make the program spawn gameobjects with tools to rotate, and move, possibly snap also then just export the gameobject spawns as an sql?
    Dunno if it would even work but it would be really sweet if it did. Just a suggestion that if possible should be included, if not oh well. You're doing a great job, cannot wait for release!

Edit: As somebody already asked but received no answer; will this be for 4.x or 3.x?
    Good question actually! Would there be any chance you could integrate this with the Trinity's WhyDB (or whatever DB you favor) so it will be possible to also spawn gameobjects and NPCs directly from within the editor? :O This would be REALLY cool! ^_^ Or maybe not integrate, but make an option where you can export "selected" models + NPCs spawned as SQL entries or something? ^_^
    Seriously, that would be really epic

OnTopic: The tools looks really great. A shame you don't want to work together with the Noggit Development team. Despite that, it looks like you're doing really great, getting all this to work ^^
    Maybe some computers can better run DirectX than OpenGL. I know my old graphics card didn't like OpenGL as much as DirectX xP

In short: Looks awesome Cromon ^^ May I ask what you've written it in. C++, C#, Python, Pascal, etc.? Judging by the application icon, I'd say either C++ or C# in Visual Studio. Cause I mean, I doubt it's made in Visual Basic XD

Thanks
    Newtech
    LuaHypArc Lua scripter - 3.3.5a World Builder.

cpdude's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MAy i ask wy dont SharpWoW and Noggit go togethere as 1 BIG and WORKING komunity and have the programs in 1 and just cuoperate ?coz both Noggit and Yias have problems now

newtech's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty simple. Cromon doesn't like the Noggit code. I can assume it is because of the messy code or something, or because of how its written. Either way, Direct X and OpenGL programs works differently, and if Cromon is only experienced in Direct X but not OpenGL, he can't be of much help to the Noggit development. However, I don't really think that is actually the case. Its probably just that he doesn't like the Noggit code, and that he wants to build something himself. Its understandable :P

Thanks
    Newtech
    LuaHypArc Lua scripter - 3.3.5a World Builder.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast