0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey guys,

i got a problem while starting tom's itemswapper...
    .net framework points out "Can't extract DBFilesClient\Item.db2 properly!"

i've done everything what tom wrote in his readme, also what he wrote on this board.
    i changed my locale.txt file into the right version, i also checked my registry, file premissions are also set, i also installed .net framework 4.0 and unstalled all old versions like 3.5.

what is wrong with that programm...

need help thx :-)

[Beta] Item Model Swapper for 4.0.3a
    Osmium76's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help if you can.

So I literally spent 3 hours trying to figure it out and reading through this thread to find a solution to my problem but have yet to come across a solution. So i figured I'd step out from my norm and post a help wanted request.

After deleting my Cache 5 times and having the game closed each and every time I attempted the swap. I've come to the conclusion that the Overpowered Chicken Splitter is so OP it cant be model swapped lol. Not even to Legendary standards.

Swap Attempt:
    Overpowered Chicken Splitter (70333) => Thori'dal, the Stars Fury (48902)

Other attempts of swapping have been fine except for pants and legs I had trouble with aswell Pants were Arrowsong Legguards => Gronnstalker Legguards and Chest was Vest of the True Companion => Gronnstalker Chest. I tried to swap those a dozen times before i just gave up.

I understand this is a beta phase so no rush on the reply but if you could possibly or if you do ever figure out why certain items might not take the swaps into affect it would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks Osm-

bananslem's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, the download works fine for me, I can see all the items in the program.

I wanna change my "Shield of the Iron Maiden HEROIC" (id nr 82882) to "Akmin-Kurai, Dominin's Shield HEROIC" (id nr 75553) so I just drag it from left window to the right window and then change "Shield of the Iron Maiden HEROIC"'s ID nr to 75553 and then File->Save and I get the message "DONE!", right? but when I'm in-game it's still the look of "Shield of the Iron Maiden HEROIC"!

Anyone have the same problem and got it fixed?

rain321cz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey, is possible add something like a search function?

Baalkoth189's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Osmium76 View Post
    So I literally spent 3 hours trying to figure it out and reading through this thread to find a solution to my problem but have yet to come across a solution. So i figured I'd step out from my norm and post a help wanted request.

After deleting my Cache 5 times and having the game closed each and every time I attempted the swap. I've come to the conclusion that the Overpowered Chicken Splitter is so OP it cant be model swapped lol. Not even to Legendary standards.

Swap Attempt:

Other attempts of swapping have been fine except for pants and legs I had trouble with aswell Pants were Arrowsong Legguards => Gronnstalker Legguards and Chest was Vest of the True Companion => Gronnstalker Chest. I tried to swap those a dozen times before i just gave up.

I understand this is a beta phase so no rush on the reply but if you could possibly or if you do ever figure out why certain items might not take the swaps into affect it would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks Osm-
    I'm having the very same problem with my huntard also. Have gone through the same steps as well. ./bump?

kaaoru's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I downloaded the program but whenever i try to start it i get an error saying i need .NET framework 4.0.30319
    I already have the program at that version. tried reinstalling .net twice and got the same error ): any ideas?

jayahh's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Osmium76 View Post

Swap Attempt:

Thanks Osm-

Originally Posted by Baalkoth189 View Post
    I'm having the very same problem with my huntard also. Have gone through the same steps as well. ./bump?
    i get the same problems with my holy paladin, mace, boots :/

devilisme508's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am I doing something wrong here?
    (on vista)

C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\Cache\ADB\enUS\Item.adb, Item-sparse.adb

I keep getting the invalid locale error with the above which, as far as I can tell, is correct.

And I have been running as admin
    Last edited by devilisme508; 12-26-2010 at 11:00 AM.

kaaoru's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (on vista)

C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\Cache\ADB\enUS\Item.adb, Item-sparse.adb

I keep getting the invalid locale error with the above which, as far as I can tell, is correct.

did you change the locale.txt file to enUS from ruRU?

Osmium76's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by devilisme508 View Post
    (on vista)

For those who got confused like i did when i first read the install instructions here is my attempt to clear them up.

Step 1: Download the Program.
    Step 2: Extract To Desk Top (It should already come in a folder Labeled IMS, If it doesn't Make a Folder for it and put all 4 Items in that folder.)
    Step 3: Open the IMS Folder
    Step 4: Inside the IMS Folder open the Locale.txt File (Should simply open up with Windows Notepad.)
    Step 5: Change the 4 Letters in the File from ruRu to which ever language of the game you have. If you're american (enUS) will be the code. It is case sensitive.
    Step 6: Save the changes to the Locale.txt
    Step 7: Close the window leave the Locale.txt file in the IMS Folder.
    Step 8: Double Click the ItemModelSwapper program in the IMS Folder. (A new folder should pop up into the IMS folder, Then IMS should properly load up.)

Thats the exact steps i took to get IMS to properly boot up for me with no errors. If you are not American and you need to find out the four letter code for your retail copy please search through this Thread there is a User who posted all of the codes in one post and you can simply copy paste it into your locale.txt file.

Again I wrote this for people who know how to use a computer but arent so savvy with all the installation of programs where you have to edit files and what not. This is in no way a insult to the OP in his instructions nor is it an insult to people who arent understanding completely the OPs Installation instructions.

Hope it helps someone -Osm

jayahh's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TOM RUS, why can't you change model on torturer's mercy (Heroic) mace?

Lunyra's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been trying to swap the current 346 ilvl items on my Hunter to T10.5, but once ingame nothing but nothing has changed, even tho IMS started and ran without errors.

Any ideas?

I hope i didn't make a mistake here but i changed the Model Number in CACHE list with the item number from the CLIENT list.

Nevermind all this, this tool is confirmed not to work anymore in the current version. Whenever you drag an item from Left to Right it doesn't get saved into the cache.

Anyone know a program that does work?
    Last edited by Lunyra; 12-27-2010 at 04:54 AM.

anatari's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, thanks alot for a working model changer.
    However it seems that I can't change more than one item at a time.
    So when I want to change 2 of my pieces only the last one ends up being edited.

I understand this is a beta stage so I'm not asking for anything, just a heads up!
    Best regards.

Lunyra's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by anatari View Post
    Hi, thanks alot for a working model changer.
    However it seems that I can't change more than one item at a time.
    So when I want to change 2 of my pieces only the last one ends up being edited.

I understand this is a beta stage so I'm not asking for anything, just a heads up!
    Best regards.
    How did you get it to work, because whatever model id i give to the cache item i wanna change nothing happens once into the game world.

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

Everytime i start the game both the Item.adb and Item-sparse.adb are being rewriten. Don't know how people get this to work really. Wasted a whole day now with this crap.

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

Also none of the items i currently wear are inside the Cache.

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

Originally Posted by bananslem View Post
    So, the download works fine for me, I can see all the items in the program.

I wanna change my "Shield of the Iron Maiden HEROIC" (id nr 82882) to "Akmin-Kurai, Dominin's Shield HEROIC" (id nr 75553) so I just drag it from left window to the right window and then change "Shield of the Iron Maiden HEROIC"'s ID nr to 75553 and then File->Save and I get the message "DONE!", right? but when I'm in-game it's still the look of "Shield of the Iron Maiden HEROIC"!

Anyone have the same problem and got it fixed?
    Yep, same issue here NOTHING takes effect. Perhaps it has to do with the latest Hotfix into the game. Because as soon as you start WoW the Cache is being rewriten wich gives back the default.

Khavatari's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mounts works? I can not change my mount.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast