Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After trying for ages I've got a World of Warcraft 1.12 client and "noggit2.exe" downloaded from Modcraft - The community dedicated to quality WoW modding! - View topic - [TUTORIAL]*Worldbuilding Basics but it's not working 100%. By that I mean the grounds seem to be missing. I'm going to try the other versions but in the meantime if anyone knows what I have to do please help.

BaddyMcBad's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by BaddyMcBad View Post
    After trying for ages I've got a World of Warcraft 1.12 client and "noggit2.exe" downloaded from Modcraft - The community dedicated to quality WoW modding! - View topic - [TUTORIAL]*Worldbuilding Basics but it's not working 100%. By that I mean the grounds seem to be missing. I'm going to try the other versions but in the meantime if anyone knows what I have to do please help.

I've sorta got it working now, except that I've got this issue (water textures mixing with land):

I pressed H which turns off High Res detail or something and the water showing isn't MUCH of an issue, I'm doing all of this with World of Warcraft 1.12 and god knows what version of NoggIt, can someone please direct me to the newest version?
    Last edited by BaddyMcBad; 11-03-2010 at 03:36 AM.

schlumpf's Avatar Retired Noggit Developer

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Developing Noggit for mac gives no disadvantage for anyone but is actually a good thing. Actually, if I would not develop an OSX version, there wouldn't be any development, as I only use OSX nowadays. I don't have windows anymore and I am happy about it.
    Additionally, developing an OSX version does not mean, I don't develop on the windows version. Its the same application. Only runnable on both systems. I don't make changes to a seperate version of it only. All changes are made for both versions (as there is only one version, d'oh.)

So, if you'd like to have a look at the current version - which is bugged to the limit, which is why I dislike Tigurius just posting it, without letting us fix bugs first.. - you can just use that version posted three posts above this one.

So MadameGrip and svedin: Where are the disadvantages? Name one. I will stop developing the mac version then.

MadameGrip's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok captain obvious, the disadvantage is that we can't use mac versions.. /begsformercy

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fine, I will stop developing the mac version then. Oh wait, there is no development at all now. Too bad. Well, maybe Steff will get back with a new PC. Have fun waiting even longer for anything now.

You didn't understand what I say, right? There is no difference between mac and windows version. Its the exact same code. There _is no disadvantage_. The only problem is, that there is no release. And that's not because of there is no development on the windows version anymore, but as we don't see it fine enough for release now. Actually, there has been a release just five posts above. Too bad if you can't use windows versions as well.

There is no possibility for me to create a windows binary, as I don't even have windows and I don't see any reason in installing it for compiling noggit.

But well. If the community is against developing a version runnable on the mac, I can't help.

newtech's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We aint against developing a version that's usable on Mac. We don't really care much whether its developed on Mac or Windows, as long as its possible to convert it to Windows, as I believe there is more people who's using Windows, and would like to use Noggit, than there is people using Mac :s So really, if you can develop it on Mac, and somehow find a way to convert it to Windows, we're happy :>
    LuaHypArc Lua scripter - 3.3.5a World Builder.

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no need in "converting it for windows". We develop Noggit platform independant. There just needs to be someone compiling it. It works on both systems anyway. Just being against a osx version because there are more windows users is stupid. Noggit is compilable on both platforms at any point or at least at most one revision later.

newtech's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well then, yeah, feel free to develop it on Mac, and if no one else wants to, you can send me the sourcecode, and Ill try and compile it. But perhaps start off by asking someone else who's a bit more experience with Noggit compiling :P But yeah And btw, could you perhaps try and fix the OpenGL error. You know, if you edit ground or texture, sometimes it jumps to another place, and makes lines there >.< And in the newest revision (124) the water is bugged, but it works in Rev 91, so if you could extract the water part from Rev 91 and add it to the new revision, I think it would be great. If that is how its done xD Anyway, develop it as you want =D And it'd be great if you could address the issue, that it takes so incredibly much of the CPU and also graphic card : /
    LuaHypArc Lua scripter - 3.3.5a World Builder.

I Hypnotoad I's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have windows anymore and I am happy about it.
    THIS.

Also: Keep up the good work with the mac development. Hopefully I can get a working copy of 3.3.5 again.

Dragon[Sky] can get into our signatures, AND our pants.

MadameGrip's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

steff's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    developing noggit for mac users and not windows users is the biggest fail of all the fails that has been done since the beginning of noggit :P but ok cya
    Hm is see you are an expert. I think all out there that are related with wow modding should spend some respect to Schlumpf for the houres he worked for us. Not only coding for noggit but exploring stuff and write on the Dev wiki.

I am back again with new hardware. Just installed development environment.

@newtech: You must not compile it by yourself. I will also up complete PC versions on the Blog and on Modcraft.
    Noggit dev Team - https://nogg-it.blogspot.com - https://modcraft.superparanoid.de - https://twitter.com/Noggit3Read the FAQ and post bugs on the bugtraker

LIMEEE's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steff would you be so kind and tell me if the MCRF will be fixed anytime soon?.
    Sig removed by admin... upload elsewhere as that hosting site is marked malicious

steff's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is fixed and many more stuff is already in.
    Adding models direct in Noggit for example. M2s and WMOs or UID calculation on save to avoid double IDs on one map.
    Noggit dev Team - https://nogg-it.blogspot.com - https://modcraft.superparanoid.de - https://twitter.com/Noggit3Read the FAQ and post bugs on the bugtraker

LIMEEE's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds awesome will be fun to test it out later. /// I requested to join the testing group on modcraft but you have not accepted me yet.
    Sig removed by admin... upload elsewhere as that hosting site is marked malicious