Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by hellshunter View Post
    Hmm, i don't know what you mean with DBFilesClient i am at this step:
    ''Still in MyWarcraftStudio click Open. Still in the World of Warcraft\Data folder open the "enUS" folder. It may be titled differently depends on your country. Select locale-enUS.MPQ and open.
    Extract the "DBFilesClient" to your "Original Files" folder. Do this again for "patch-enUS.MPQ" then "patch-enUS-2.MPQ". Once done close MyWarCraftStudio.''

I cant find any DbFilesClient in the wow folder as you wrote down.
    i am playing wow Eu, so the maps called EnGB.
    so what am i doing wrong :P?
    In your World of Warcraft\Data folder open the enGB folder. You need to open the file locale-enGB.MPQ. Once inside, on the left hand side there are folders. Select the DBFilesClient.

[Guide] Race to Race. All Working Features.
    hellshunter's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok thanks

Saith's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice guide. Had me busy for a while yesterday .

I didn't quite get it to work though, will try again in a bit. Got a small question though. I'm trying to get HuF -> ScM to work. Now I checked model viewer and checked both my HuF's and ScM's settings. If I'd want a certain HuF skin / hairstyle to look like a certain ScM skin / hairstyle, I have to edit this in the CharacterFacialHairStyles.dbc and Charhairgeosets.dbc right? Or do the skins you copied in the CharSections.dbc also play a role in that?

Also, ScM doesn't really have any special DK skins like HuF does. (HuF has for example a couple of 0x11 files, and then about 3 0x5 files, while ScM only has 0x11 files). Should I replace those HuF's 0x5 files with ScM 0x11 files or should I just leave them?

I've never really done it all this way but I'd really want my HuF -> ScM to look better so I'll keep trying anyway. Thanks for the great guide!
    Last edited by Saith; 03-26-2009 at 07:29 AM.

Saith's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just tried it again but my WoW won't load when I use WoWME so obviously there's something wrong with my files.

HuF to ScM.rar

Made a little .rar file for it. Still can't figure out what exactly I did wrong. Might be the 0x5 files of the HuF I didn't replace cause the ScM didn't have any?

ubermonkey's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want to have your Face/Skin look like a certain style you have to find out which style your using on your HuF. Then find the one you want on your ScM and paste it in.
    Scourge don't have those DK files so when copying them its less to worry about. You still need to copy them into the HuF though. No where in your Human Female section on the CharSections.dbc should it say Human\Female anywhere. It should be filled with Scourge.

mexmike's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey uber i was wondering if you could help me out really quick. i was trying to do BeM -> HuF Now the first time i did it, it was perfect except for the fact i replaced the BloodElf Facial Features with Humans and turns out my model was perfect except for the fact that she had a beard. well obviously it was because i changed the bloodelf facial features into human but HuF dont have that obviously and so i tried just deleting the rows for BloodElf Facial Features for males but my wow automatically shuts off when i launch the MEF. Usually this happens when uve made an error in an edit somewhere but I know its because of the CharSections.dbc My problem is im trying to figure a way to get a male to a female like that without like a beard or such. Any help would be appreciated.

LOLPAXXYLOL's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, i have no idea what i did wrong, but i need some help. seriously. I've Spent two hours and i cant even get the dbcutil to work. i understand im new to this, but i dont know what to friekin do. Aim me @ ipaxxi if you can help.

Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by mexmike View Post
    hey uber i was wondering if you could help me out really quick. i was trying to do BeM -> HuF Now the first time i did it, it was perfect except for the fact i replaced the BloodElf Facial Features with Humans and turns out my model was perfect except for the fact that she had a beard. well obviously it was because i changed the bloodelf facial features into human but HuF dont have that obviously and so i tried just deleting the rows for BloodElf Facial Features for males but my wow automatically shuts off when i launch the MEF. Usually this happens when uve made an error in an edit somewhere but I know its because of the CharSections.dbc My problem is im trying to figure a way to get a male to a female like that without like a beard or such. Any help would be appreciated.
    You can't just delete the rows. You need to clear those 3 columns only.

mexmike's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you are a life saver my friend. i figured something fishy was going on. thanks alot man. no wonder there are some places in the Charsections.dbc with columns of spaces. you the man!

Keilink's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello !

Thanks for the work you've done ubermonkey !
    I was lookin at your race -> race thread on the SimpleEdit section, and I tried your TaF -> NeM. I'm still using it and it is perfect, but I was basicaly looking for a TaF -> Hu(M/F) swap.

Then I'm trying to make it myself, and I've a question

When you extract files at the begining, for "local-enUS", "patch-en-US" and patch-en-US-2" all those folders have like name DBFilesClient and at least I've only 1 folder of this name in "Original files".

Is that wrong or should I put them in different folders ?

Kei'

Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There should only be one folder. The Local-enUS a base file I guess. The two patch files are are changed when there are patches. So the game looks at the patch files first because they are updated most recently then if the file isn't in the patch folders it finds it in the local folder. So when we are extracting we extract the local first, then the patch folder so if there is a newer file it will overwrite the local folder. Then the patch-2 folder because its newer than the patch folder.

vlj's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got to "CharSections.dbc.csv" didn't work in Excel so used OpenOffice instead, where it worked perfectly. Then I tried to convert it back to .dbc but the .dbc file was only 1KB. (the same thing happens when I just open it in excel, save it and drag it to DBCUtil.exe but it doesn't happen if I just change it back and forth).
    Got Excel to work as well now (Data>Text to columns/comma) but still doesn't work to change it back to .dbc

Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by vlj View Post
    Got to "CharSections.dbc.csv" didn't work in Excel so used OpenOffice instead, where it worked perfectly. Then I tried to convert it back to .dbc but the .dbc file was only 1KB. (the same thing happens when I just open it in excel, save it and drag it to DBCUtil.exe but it doesn't happen if I just change it back and forth).
    Got Excel to work as well now (Data>Text to columns/comma) but still doesn't work to change it back to .dbc
    I've noticed this happens when something is wrong with your CharSections. Save it and I'll take a look at it.

vlj's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha I don't need the original file. It's original so nothing is wrong with it. I need the file your trying to edit to see where you've made a mistake.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast