0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A guide on My Warcraft Studios, editing shoulders

How to edit shoulders, so it looks like that in Retail WoW!

You will need 2 programm to download for this.

STEP 1: Download WoW Model Viewer

Now you should know where to get mywarcraftstudip :P

STEP 2: press download and then click "Open"

if it pop up a buy window dont buy just close the window

STEP 3: Press Extract To

STEP 4: Extract it to a new folder, call it MWS (mywarcraftstudios), at your desktop!

STEP 5: Open it.

STEP 6: Right click in the white window to the left and click "Open MPQ archive" or just click "File" then "Open MPQ Archive"

STEP 7: Browse to your WoW folder, go to the "Data" folder and open patch.mpq

STEP 8 : Now go off to World of Warcraft Quests, Items, Maps, Forums - The Goblin Workshop

im going to edit Serpent's Shoulders (twink shoulders) so they looks like Bloodfang Shoulders

STEP 9: when you found your item, scroll down and find Textures/Models.
    PIC: http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/5281/namnlsuo6.jpg

You can't find textures/models at goblin work shop for weapons, i don't know why.

STEP 10: Copy the first texture: in this case LShoulder_Leather_B_01, open a new note pad and paste it in there, type in .m2 after the texture, so it look like this:

__________________________________________________ ___________
    Untitled - notepad

LShoulder_Leather_B_01.m2

__________________________________________________ ____________-
    __________________________________________________ ____________--

Lol. STEP 11: then copy the model, in this case it is Shoulder_Leather_B_01Black, and paste it in the note pad and type .blp after, so it look like this:

Untitled - notepad

LShoulder_Leather_B_01.m2

Shoulder_Leather_B_01Black.blp

__________________________________________________ ____________-
    __________________________________________________ ____________--

dont close notepad down!

STEP 12: go back to your warcraft studios, you opened patch.mpq before, so click on the folder to the left that says: Items, click OBJECTCOMPONENT, click Shoulder.

step 13: Now look for the shoulder you want to change Serpent's shoulder into, in this case im going to change it into Bloodfang Spaulders.

Look for the one with "LS" before! example: LShoulder_RaidRouge_A_Leather.m2

STEP 14: when you found it, go to your wow folder, go to data, there create a new folder, name it "Item".

STEP 15: in the "Item" folder, create a new folder, name it "ObjectComponents"

STEP 16: in the "ObjectComponents", create a new folder, name it "Shoulder".

STEP 17: then go back to my warcraft studios, right-click the m2 file you found before and click "extract file to..."

STEP 18: Browse to the Shoulder foulder you created in the ObjectComponent folder in your WoW data folder.

STEP 19: Extract it there!

STEP 20: Go back to mywarcraft studios and find the .m2 file for the RIGHT Bloodfang shoulder in this case, not LEFT, it has RS at the beggining of its name instead of LS.

STEP 21: Extract that shoulder 2 to your shoulder folder.

STEP 22: Open up your notepad again.

STEP 23: copy the .m2 code, in this case: LShoulder_Leather_B_01.m2

STEP 24: go back to your shoulder folder.

STEP 25: Right click the Left shoulder file you extracted there, rename it to in this case: LShoulder_Leather_B_01.m2

STEP 26: Do the same with the Right shoulder file but rename it to in this case: RShoulder_Leather_B_01.m2

STEP 27: go back to My Warcraft Studios and find the .blp file for your shoulder, its the color of your shoulder.

STEP 28: right click it and extract it to your shoulder folder, and rename it to the second code you typed in notepad, in this case: Shoulder_Leather_B_01Black.blp

STEP 29: Go back to mywarcraftstudios, at the top you see Pack(P), click there and click "Create MPQ Archive".

Press yes that you want to close the current Archive.

then save it into your world of warcraft "Data" folder, name it Speech2.

STEP 30: go back to mywarcraft studios, click "Pack(P)" at the top, this time click: "add file to archive"

Browse to the 3 files, 2 .m2 files and one .blp file, choose the first m2 file, the LShoulder file, double-click it.

STEP 31: Before you click "OK" type in this before the LShoulder file: Item\ObjectComponents\Shoulder\

STEP 32: do the same with the 2 other files!

STEP 33: Saving your archive: THE END STEP: go back to "Pack(P)" at the top and hit "Save and close archive"!!!!

Now you're done, serpent's shoulders will now look like BloodFang Spaulders if you did everything right!

END RESULTS: I made this pic in wow modelviewer
    http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/156...shot340sc6.png

A guide on My Warcraft Studios, editing shoulders
    henrynorthen's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)