Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it possible to get WoD client to load a custom patch, like Wrath MPQs?

Hey there.

Been at this a while now and I can't seem to figure it out on my own, so I wanted to ask here. Simple question really, can I make my WoD client load a custom patch like an MPQ (one that doesn't replace files, but adds new ones) with the hexedited exe?

Here's the situation. I'm doing an RP private server with some friends and we want to do some worldbuilding, but the gameobjects built in are really limited. I tried using Neo and Noggit and neither of them work to edit WoD maps and place new objects. (Can't even get Noggit to launch for my 3.3.5 client)

There's this wonderful patch http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...meobjects.html ([Sql/Patch] All buildings, models, etc. as Gameobjects)

I used it in the past with a 3.3.5 client, but what I really want to do is get it working on my 6.2.3 server (using wodcore rev 37)

I managed to get the gameobjects added into the database, but because that SQL patch requires a clientside GameObjectDisplayInfo.dbc which is overwriting my main one, it's causing a lot of the gameobjects that are in the normal world to appear improperly or not at all. I tried for hours to merge the DBC files but in the end, they have different fields and aren't compatible with eachother. From here I'm not sure where I can go.

If I could get the client to load a patch like Wrath used to, with patch-4.mpq etc, I think I could get this to work.

Any ideas you might have are appreciated, or if someone has already done this and you have a link that would be great. We managed to get a few nice objects working but nothing like the scope that the patch has.

I apologize if this is the wrong section. If a moderator wants to move it where it is appropriate, please do.

Thanks for reading!

Is it possible to get WoD client to load a custom patch, like Wrath MPQs?
    Dovah's Avatar Legendary The Explorer

Thanks G/R
    381/202
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Axl123 View Post
    Hey there.

Been at this a while now and I can't seem to figure it out on my own, so I wanted to ask here. Simple question really, can I make my WoD client load a custom patch like an MPQ (one that doesn't replace files, but adds new ones) with the hexedited exe?

Here's the situation. I'm doing an RP private server with some friends and we want to do some worldbuilding, but the gameobjects built in are really limited. I tried using Neo and Noggit and neither of them work to edit WoD maps and place new objects. (Can't even get Noggit to launch for my 3.3.5 client)

There's this wonderful patch http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...meobjects.html

I used it in the past with a 3.3.5 client, but what I really want to do is get it working on my 6.2.3 server (using wodcore rev 37)

I managed to get the gameobjects added into the database, but because that SQL patch requires a clientside GameObjectDisplayInfo.dbc which is overwriting my main one, it's causing a lot of the gameobjects that are in the normal world to appear improperly or not at all. I tried for hours to merge the DBC files but in the end, they have different fields and aren't compatible with eachother. From here I'm not sure where I can go.

If I could get the client to load a patch like Wrath used to, with patch-4.mpq etc, I think I could get this to work.

Any ideas you might have are appreciated, or if someone has already done this and you have a link that would be great. We managed to get a few nice objects working but nothing like the scope that the patch has.

I apologize if this is the wrong section. If a moderator wants to move it where it is appropriate, please do.

Thanks for reading!
    WoD doesn't use mpqs files it uses casc instead.
    However you can still get it to load custom content quite easily. You need the patched exe for it to load anything though. You put the folders in the same directory as your exe and if the file paths are correct it will load the custom content.

Jh16 posts patched exes here: http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...remover-3.html

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Dovah; 11-27-2015 at 09:56 PM.

I rarely check Ownedcore nowadays. Need to contact me? Message me on Discord: dovvah

Axl123's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there, thanks for the reply. I knew this already, but what I'm wondering is if you can get that patched exe to load additional content without replacing the original content.

jh16's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    10/46
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Axl123 View Post
    Hey there, thanks for the reply. I knew this already, but what I'm wondering is if you can get that patched exe to load additional content without replacing the original content.
    If it has those usual edits that I give out. It doesn't matter if it overwrites original files or not. It will load files that you put into the root folder (WoW folder). However, you will have to do some fancy work, that I have no knowledge about, to point to those files. Otherwise the patched exe will just ignore your custom content.

I'm sure someone with that kind of knowledge should be able to point you in the right direction.

Good luck!

Axl123's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. Another path I've seen that might work is merging the DBC files, but as I said in my OP they have different fields and I'm not sure how to adapt the older one to the newer DBC.

Just wanted to say thanks for keeping those hexed exes up to date. Been using it for a long while now.