Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem With Custom Skin (No Data/Bright Green)

I made custom skins for a race and it's appearing green (When the game can't locate skins) in-game. I have done this many times before without issue, and I am not sure what could be causing it. I have done the following.

BLPs are all named and converted correctly.
    All skins are within the proper size limit.
    I tried saving every skin in every bit type (32, 24, etc.) for if that might of been the issue, none worked.
    All skins are in the proper directory.
    The patch is in the proper directory since the other things I made (Modified DBCs, gear skins, NPC textures) are working properly.
    I tried applying a patch without the above files and only the skins, still no luck.
    I made sure to clear any caches or anything like that just in case, no luck.
    Converter worked fine for all the other skins, so it's not a converter issue from what I can tell.
    All skins have matching names with the default files (And it's obviously looking at the right ones since it doesn't display the original).
    Tried two patch names which normally work, and do work as the non-player skin mods are working fine (patch-enUS-8 and patch-Z).

I have no clue, I checked everything I can think of, and it just confuses me that all the other skins work fine. I also downloaded another skin patch, which worked, but not when I added mine to it, just as a test (It screwed all of them up). Is there something I am missing that is different with player skins or something?

Problem With Custom Skin (No Data/Bright Green)
    Android32's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    8/17
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    open in photoshop, image, and mode. make sure RGB color is selected. also if you have more than 2 layers, combine them. lock it and then save it and try again.

Wavesong's Avatar Sergeant Major
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ACtually if you do what Android says, it won't work. For character skins and armor textures you have to use Indexed and not RGB.