Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Solved] Problem with Eluo's Custom Model Treepath Guide

Hey guys,

I recently read Eluo's guide on how to make reskins of m2s without effecting the original m2. This interested me a lot and so i read on. I made a reskin of the Orc fence from vanilla into a metal spike with a chain around it. Here are the steps I took as I followed the guide to making this m2.

First I got Modit and exported the files orcfencepost.m2, orcfencepost00.skin, and MM_OGRMR_TRIM_01.BLP. I used a Png-> Blp converter( Converts both ways), to make my png. I used Adobe Cs3 and cut out the section farthest on the left which was the orc fence. I then saved it and converted it back into a blp format. Afterwards I opened up the m2 in HxD and hit Ctrl+F and typed in .blp in the box, then find and found this: Dungeons\Textures\Trim\MM_OGRMR_TRIM_01.BLP. I first tried to rename it to World\Custom\Orc\MM_OGRMR_TRIM_01.BLP. After that I created a folder in my wow directory called World, then put the other folders in one another to created World of Warcraft\World\Custom\Orc\. I put all 3 files, the blp, the m2, and the skin in the Orc folder and then I spawned the object in noggit. The object appeared but it was green and the custom patches were out of my wow data folder. I remade everything but this time when I used HxD to redirect the treepath, I put in Dungeonz\Textures\Trim\CC_ORGML_TRIM_01.BLP. I renamed my blp to CC_ORGML_TRIM_01.BLP and when I spawned it in noggit, the original object stayed the same and the new object had a new skin. So it worked in other words. This time the problem was when I went in-game, I looked at my object and it had the original skin, all the files were taken out of the Orc folder and put in the Orc folder in the MPQ file. The wierd thing is when I made a custom treepath for the Board Walk in tirisfal for a metal orc edit, it worked perfect but untill I went to Tirisfal and found the old boardwalk was recolored too.

Any idea why even when new treepaths are placed it still reads the old or new treepaths by random?

Running a 3.3.5a client.

Note: The slashes on the treepath I do not remember which way they were, I just copied the way they were on the original treepath.
    Last edited by BanzBoyz77; 07-29-2011 at 09:06 PM.

[Solved] Problem with Eluo's Custom Model Treepath Guide
    VX2's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the lengths isn't equals:
    Dungeons\Textures\Trim\MM_OGRMR_TRIM_01.BLP
    World\Custom\Orc\MM_OGRMR_TRIM_01.BLP
    try to make length of a new path equal length of old.

p.s. slashes is right.

if you want to send me PM - check a free space in your inbox for answer at first!

BanzBoyz77's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dungeons\Textures\Trim\MM_OGRMR_TRIM_01.BLP 43 letters
    Dungeonz\Textures\Trim\CC_ORGML_TRIM_01.BLP 43 letters

Though ty for responding on this difficult topic.

Solved
    ---------------------
    I needed to rename the m2 file completely from orcfencepost.m2 to metalorcgroundspike.m2 for it to be read as a seperate model. I feel so lonely, everytime i have a major problem, i never get help...... makes me feel like there's no real model editors left anymore. Is it only a few left like Xel, Madamegrip, Herbalism, Eluo, Newtech, Pinkhair and me? If so it would explain why this section is slowly dying out.
    Last edited by BanzBoyz77; 07-29-2011 at 09:42 PM.