Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUESTIONS] Workflow to create/insert a custom model into WoW?

Hi, I've been fiddling with WoW model-editing for a while, though just simply editing and making custom skins at best, and some model changing. I really would like to go the next step, and try my hand at creating custom models.

I have training in 3D modelling, and know how to use ZBrush, Photoshop, Maya etc. So I'm all set for actually making the model, but I'm unsure what the limitations of the WoW engine is in terms of basically, how much depth can I make the model? How do I prep it for being used in WoW?

After that, what do I do then?

My project is not a custom weapon model, but a custom creature model, which I guess makes it a lot more complicated than it should be.

I looked at Outerend, by Bloomfalls, and I have no idea how do you create the animation files needed to actually ANIMATE the model. I've tried looking for guides that describe this part of the process, but found nothing (though haven't asked Bloomfalls directly).

I know how to animate a model, but again, how do you apply it to WoW models?

I got more questions, but I'm basically very curious about this aspect, and hope someone could help me.

[QUESTIONS] Workflow to create/insert a custom model into WoW?
    [Soul Eater]'s Avatar The God King of Tails
    Thanks G/R
    3/22
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well ask bloomfalls directly :P Other then that, there were some programs made by tigurius that allowed you to import animations from one model to another, I guess bloomfalls did that.

EDIT: After watching the model of him, he only manipulated textures, nog moving the model or something. Well, either way I dunnow if its possible then to import animations from wow models into custom models.
    Last edited by [Soul Eater]; 08-31-2010 at 12:42 PM.

Do the impossible, see the invisible
    Row row, Fight the power.