Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where are the Draenei Hair Texture files stored? Located only 3 of 9.

I can't find where the rest of the Drae Hair color texture files are stored. I've been all over the patches, and the only 3 I can find are in the common/mpq/character/Draenei folder. Two greens and a grey-blue. But there are 9 total colors for Drae, including a rather unique blue, and I can't seem to locate what texture files they're using.

Any thoughts?

For reals, "Finding schtuff" has seriously been my biggest challenge in this texture modding thing. Is there a compendium somewhere to help with finding texture files within the labyrinth of Blizz's MPQ files?

-- I can see within Wow Model Viewer during Exporting of Textures that there are a bunch of hair textures referenced. That's great, but why am I not seeing them from within MyWarcraftStudio? Does that mean they're not really there, or.... ??
    Last edited by Syrasha; 08-08-2010 at 06:59 PM.
    Modding for the joy of it!

Where are the Draenei Hair Texture files stored? Located only 3 of 9.
    [Soul Eater]'s Avatar The God King of Tails
    Thanks G/R
    3/22
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blizzard can be tricky about that yes. But if you are really curious, open ALL mpqs, and check out the treepaths. What I mean is, for example the treepath for draenei pink hair is character/draenei/pinkhair

but that treepath isn't in common.mpq . Well, then search further in patch-2.mpq . Still not there? Well open the next mpq and check till you find the treepath, and if you found it just check inside the mpq if other textures are residing there, if so, well then you have found the correct mpq.

And yes, as I stated earlier in your topic, you can just select a character and then export textures, that way you don't have to do the hassle of finding those blp files

Do the impossible, see the invisible
    Row row, Fight the power.