Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Increased the contrast of the initial BLPs, therefore causing the primary dirt to look red-ish. No red/green color-combo intended.

Edit: 'Learning' color-combinations? What? Lol sorry but last time i checked that was based on opinion, not knowledge. Regardless of the fact that i do see an unbalance of contrast in my pics. It's got nothing to do with learning; it's a matter of likes and dislikes.
    Last edited by ~sInX; 10-10-2009 at 06:30 PM.

[World Build] Isle of Blind Purity
    merfed's Avatar キタ━━━(゜∀゜)━━━!!!!!

Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Possibly. But, as far as color goes, if the black on mmowned became red, it would look very unappealing. Don't mistake inquiry for insult.

~sInX's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if the black on mmowned became red, it would look very unappealing.
    Disregarding the fact that i agree with you, it's still a mere opinion. There may be some who believe that if the black on mmowned became red it would appealing or glamorous (however far-fetched it may be). Opinions aren't 'learned' - they're personal beliefs that come naturally. And i'm not mistaking inquiry for insult; i'm merely responded to your responses how i see fit.

merfed's Avatar キタ━━━(゜∀゜)━━━!!!!!

Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even if you think it's "opinion" based it's not. Its about how you use it. Red has shades, etc.

To learn about color, you first need to understand the structure of color. A color wheel shows us how color is structured. We start with the three primary hues: yellow, red and blue. These are the basic building blocks of color. Next we have the three secondary hues: orange, violet and green. Then follows the third generation or third level: yellow-orange, red-orange, red-violet, blue-violet, blue-green, and yellow-green. The color wheel shows us which colors are opposite to each other on the wheel. Blue is the opposite of orange, red is the opposite of green, yellow-green is the opposite of red-violet. These are called complements. Furthermore, we can divide colors into warm or cold colors. The colors on the bottom right, derived from blue are cold colors, those derived from red are warm colors.

Colors reflect a certain personality. They also have several meanings, most of which are closely connected to each other. For example, blue stands for sky, heaven and water. It reflects freedom and peace, but it can also mean cold, protective, authoritative or technical. Red is the color of blood, it reflects courage, romance, but it also means hot, dynamic, vital, commanding or alert. All these symbolic connotations are perfectly visualized by Claudia Cortes in her Color in Motion, a real treat for the eye (the eye has its claims too). You may not be superstitious or believe that colors have actual meanings, but you ought to consider them. Whether consciously or unconsciously, we consider those meanings when we judge an artwork or design. These generally accepted meanings often play a role in determining whether we like or dislike what we are looking at. Darkness will always suggest danger and mystery.

Colors effect us psychologically regardless of any symbolism, because in some cases they don't apply; it all depends on the circumstances. For example, black may signify mourning, but a tuxedo is also black and it signifies elegance. We all prefer bright vibrant colors over dull grey, but sometimes grey can be stylish too; it all depends on how we apply it in our design, it depends on the circumstances. But we should also be aware of the fact the meanings of color are different depending on the culture. For example, in most Western cultures, white symbolizes purity and elegance, cleanliness. However, in many Asian countries, white is also a color for death and mourning, and used for funerals. As with any design endeavor, make sure that you don’t only understand the psychological effects of colors but that you also know the nuances of the culture and audience you are designing for! This way you’ll have a better chance of success in achieving the emotional impact you want.

~sInX's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tbh you can't help but appreciate that well thought-out, rather thorough, relavent reply I totally agree with you - as stated earlier on; imho the textures do contrast excesively, to a point where it looks rather unnatural and, well, rather ameteur.

DavidTwo2009's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When will this be available?

MelonFarmer's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty neat you inspired me to get noggit!

Aruikai's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the "unfilled" area should have gipsy wagons and such for vendors :icon_headbang:

newtech's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks awesome! When (or if) its done and available can you please send me a download link? I would really love to try it out myself! Looks REALLY!!!! awesome! I would also love to try making my own places but my map editor programs keeps crashing because of my graphic card... :'( Never buy a computer with Intell

alj03's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty awesome dude.
    Death to all but Metal.

newtech's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unlike others this is Legendary. Though hm... not 100% Legendary. Could use a little more of everything. Especially the hight :P

davidaz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In one word: AMAZING ^^

l3ztat's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Work gretings

Ac3s's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    preety sick dude keep up the good work and yea the road is a little to shiny try to tone it down a bit

NERZUL IS COMING FOR YOU

sirfranc's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe the town terrain is quite flat, but is a great job, i will wait to see other pics

you should simply make the road little lower than the other terrain, and maybe the road's borders less straight, and will be PERFECT

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast