Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blood Elf Female to Draenei Female (+horns +feet fix +hairfix)

Hi
    Wanted to share this with you guys. I have worked on this for about 5 hours so i hope you like it!

Screenshot here: http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/8...8161000ac1.jpg

Anyways here is the file:
    RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting
    Put both patches in your wow/data folder. Oh and you need the model edit fix for 2.3.

Its almost perfect except that your char will be bigger. Tried to edit this but wow doesnt seem to allow it.

Credits for the model go to arthas242 (the improved model)

Blood Elf Female to Draenei Female (+horns +feet fix +hairfix)
    Xanth's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome job. I gave up on model switching awhile back when they stopped allowing it. Now that I see it's possible again, perhaps I can re-rid the world of gnomes!!!

Ninian's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am curious as to how you actually did the horn fix, mind posting how? Every time I try to do it wow just closes with no message whatsoever when I try to load it with the horn fix intact, and this does not do that for whatever reason.

ordrake's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes you have to edit the hairgeostyles file.
    Download my patch and load it with MWS to see what i did: changed the geoset100 column at BE females to the ones of draenei females. If it doesnt work out, ask again and i try to explain it better

Ninian's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah i have some more questions after doing some research on it on my own.

From my understanding I think you have to edit the CharHairFacialStyles.dbc, that one has a geoset100 column, the other one you mentioned i could not find it.

From what I gather you have to find the gender in the table and copy the rows, but what I dont know how to do is what exactly i put in the new rows, is it an exact copy of the rows i want to be? Example:

I want to switch Ud Female to Dr Female. I go down to race11 which is DrF, find all the gender 1's, copy down all the columns, then go up to race5 which is undead, sex 1 which is female, and put all that info there?

My main problem with this is that very few guides exist for doing this, and the ones i do find all conflict with each other and say to do different stuff and its confusing. The one that I did see said ti put all 0's, which doesnt make any sense because that would in essence turn off the horns i think. Anyway, any further help would be appreciated.

Dasmo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice I'll try it as soon I'm back home

ordrake's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ninian View Post
    Yeah i have some more questions after doing some research on it on my own.

From my understanding I think you have to edit the CharHairFacialStyles.dbc, that one has a geoset100 column, the other one you mentioned i could not find it.

From what I gather you have to find the gender in the table and copy the rows, but what I dont know how to do is what exactly i put in the new rows, is it an exact copy of the rows i want to be? Example:

I want to switch Ud Female to Dr Female. I go down to race11 which is DrF, find all the gender 1's, copy down all the columns, then go up to race5 which is undead, sex 1 which is female, and put all that info there?

My main problem with this is that very few guides exist for doing this, and the ones i do find all conflict with each other and say to do different stuff and its confusing. The one that I did see said ti put all 0's, which doesnt make any sense because that would in essence turn off the horns i think. Anyway, any further help would be appreciated.
    Yes but you don't have to copy it, just put in the numbers. 5 is undead and 1 is female you had that right. When you look at the draenei ones you see the numbers 2 - 8 (at least i did) so you can put in the numbers 2-8.

Now I didn't see any difference in numbers, i thought it where horn numbers that you see in the wow modelviewer too. But when i changed a specific horn number i didn't see the horns change ingame! For example my char had horns number 3, i changed all numbers 3 in the geoset100 to 5 and still i get horns 3 :S Maybe you can find an answer.

Ninian's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think im on the right track to getting it figured out, but now my game wont load. I have..

Model edit fix for 2.3.2, most current version
    I have the file in the right setup, aka DBFilesClient\CharFacialHairStyles.dbc or whatever

Whenever I try to load the game with meditfix it just instantly closes. So I tried loading it like normal to actually see the error and it says my chairfacialhairstyles.dbc is corrupt. I used a bunch of various numbers when I did mine, I will go back and try all 5's

Also when I first open the file to initially edit it with a dbc editor it has an error. and when I make changes it wont let me save, either. I have to hit the X at the top of the thing and bring up the "do you want to save your changes" dialogue like that, cant actually save it like normal. So maybe I need a new dbc editor? Im using the one off of this site.

Ninian's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, I got it figured out. I can now add whatever with that DBC file. Apparently the one from Local-EnUS is old, and you have to edit the one from the patch.mpq in that folder. But I ran into another problem.

How did you edit the texture. My character has horns now, but they are not the right color heh.

ordrake's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The horn color seems to be the skin color. If i create my BE (which i changed to draenei) i can switch skincolor and the horns change too. The problem is, all my npc draenei use a BE skin color which makes the horns wierd looking color too. Anyway i think draenei have about 11 skincolors, just make sure you have 11 skincolors in your map too

I hope you can figure out your skin problem.

EDIT: I had the dbc file loading problem too, it sounds wierd but it did load correctly when i ran the editor from the desktop directory and opened the dbc from that directory too. Maybe you have to try some different directory's. The editor must have some sort of flaw in it.
    Last edited by ordrake; 01-13-2008 at 02:53 AM.

upuplol's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nooby question but how do u change the numbers with Mywarcraft studio. i found the geodata stuff but i cant input the numbers i want

ordrake's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need a DBC editor, you can't change the data with Mywarcraftstudio.

Ninian's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which file/ect has the skin color and what do i need to edit, which column rather

ordrake's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The skincolors are just the blp files in the character/race/gender/ folder.

For example CHARACTER\Draenei\Female\DraeneiFemaleSkin00_05.blp

the 00 is the style and 05 is the color.

Ninian's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok I think I understand now. I opened up your MPQ and looked and you have 11 skin colors in yours. I looked at mine and I do as well I think. So I dunno how the horns are different colored, do i have to change something in my dbc editing or do I have to recreate the mpq, maybe i missed something putting the mpq together.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast