Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Failed attempt; Undead to Human (please review)

Ok I've spent the last 3 hours trying to compile an .mpq-archive "Undead male to human male", and followed this guide, and especially Tyzz's contribution a bit later in the guide. I manually extracted 500 < files to the archive and finally finished. Finished file was about 4.1 mb, but when I tried it with ModelEditFix, nothing happened to my undead model!

What I was wondering and would be greatly appreciated, was if someone could review my .mpq-archive. I'm fairly positive I've followed his guide accurately step by step.

Here's a link to my .mpq-file.

Failed attempt; Undead to Human (please review)
    Sultra's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Failed attempt; Undead to Human (please review)

Originally Posted by bigglez View Post
    Ok I've spent the last 3 hours trying to compile an .mpq-archive "Undead male to human male", and followed this guide, and especially Tyzz's contribution a bit later in the guide. I manually extracted 500 < files to the archive and finally finished. Finished file was about 4.1 mb, but when I tried it with ModelEditFix, nothing happened to my undead model!

What I was wondering and would be greatly appreciated, was if someone could review my .mpq-archive. I'm fairly positive I've followed his guide accurately step by step.

Here's a link to my .mpq-file.

Okies. : step 1. grab model viewer and go to the model you want to change your undead to, if the model name is not displayed click "view" and click "model controll" this will show the exact model name. make a note of it.

step 2. open mywarcraftstudio and open the EN US folder, or if your in the UK it will say EN GB then open the mpq named patch-enUS-2.MPQ or it might say patch-enGB-2.MPQ.

step 3, click the plus sign next to DBfilesClient and in the list of files that appear serlect Creaturemodeldata,

step 4. at the top of the window that appears theres a search bar, heres where you put in the name of the model from the model control window you wrote down in step 1. Hit find , it will go right to the model.

step 5. Write down the models ID number.

step 6. now click creaturedisplayinfo in the list of files from step 3 and right click it and choose "extract to" , put it somewhere where you will find it easily.

step 7. Open DBC edit , its a program here in this model forum in the useful guides and programs sticky.

step 8. open the file you extracted using DBC edit and in the search bar type in the ID of the character model you want to change to.

step 9. when this model is found, write down its values for the following fields, Field 1 , field 2 , field 3 , field 6 , field 7 , field 8 (For 6-8 you will likely have words, write them down too)

step 10. close and reopen the same file you extracted , run a search for the id of model you want to change, your undead to and in its slot , change its values to the values of the human you wanted. Undead field 1s value becomes human's field 1 value and so forth.

step 11. once your done save and close it, turn off dbc edit.

step12. Open MyWarcraftStudio again and click "pack" create an mpq create this mpq in your WoW data folder and name it patch-#.MPQ "#" represents a number you have not yet used from 1 - 9 , now click pack again and "add file" , add the file you extracted earlier, creaturedisplayinfo , but change the line in the white box to DBFilesClient\CreatureDisplayInfo.dbc , click ok and then click pack and save and close, , then run WoW with the modeleditfix.exe and your good to go. :wave:

(note, I don't take credit for this guide i just simplified it)

For your reference the IDs of the playable characters are shown below, these ids are the same for both ENGB and ENUS

51 -orcmale
    52 -orcfemale
    57 -UDmale
    58 -UDfemale
    59 -taurenmale
    60 -taurenfemale
    1478 -trollmale
    1479 -trollfemale
    15476 -bloodelfmale
    15475 -bloodelffemale

49 -humanmale
    50 -humanfemale
    53 -dwarfmale
    54 -dwarffemale
    55 -nightelfmale
    56 -nightelffemale
    1563 -gnomemale
    1564 -gnomefemale
    16125 -draeneimale
    16126 -draeneifemale
    Last edited by Sultra; 09-16-2007 at 04:38 PM.

bigglez's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks a lot for answer. I am gonna review your guide here, but I think I saw what was wrong. The folders in my mpq-file says Human, where it's supposed to say SCOURGE. Tried to rename but, the program option didn't seem to work properly. Will try what you said now.
    Last edited by bigglez; 09-16-2007 at 04:37 PM.

Obama's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    2/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its called /turnundeadintohuman

Donator 6/2008.
    Contrib 8/2008.Elite 10/2008.Newsteam 11/2008.Legendary 2/2009.

bigglez's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is he funny or something?

Anyway, I tried what you said and got the human model, but with the undead textures, doesn't look nice. I don't know what to do about this.

Fault's Avatar Retired Super Moderator

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wrong section /closed

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
    "If I and everyone else could contribute to MMOwned like you do it would be a terrific place." Don't PM me with request, only Questions