0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gryphon

Ok...I am trying to swap the gryphon with a drake, I know its possible, I have seen it in a video somewhere, but What I cant figure out is how to get it skinned properly, as Drakes require 3 .blp's and gryphons only require 2....

the wings on a drake are what usually dont show up correctly...

Sub forum confused me, this should be in the requests forum, srry again
    Last edited by Fishy80; 08-26-2006 at 01:38 AM.

Gryphon
    Demonkunga's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Gryphon

you need to edit the DBC file. I havent ever done it, Krazzee has though

SomethingCool525's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Demonkunga
    you need to edit the DBC file. I havent ever done it, Krazzee has though

Please dont just randomly blurt out who has or has not done something and or what i would consider slightly more advanced model changing techniques outright.. at least keep it to a pm or something of the sort.

Fault's Avatar Retired Super Moderator

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Fishy80
    Ok...I am trying to swap the gryphon with a drake, I know its possible, I have seen it in a video somewhere, but What I cant figure out is how to get it skinned properly, as Drakes require 3 .blp's and gryphons only require 2....

the wings on a drake are what usually dont show up correctly...
    Definatly a request, definatly

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
    "If I and everyone else could contribute to MMOwned like you do it would be a terrific place." Don't PM me with request, only Questions

nobodyzero's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by SomethingCool525
    Please dont just randomly blurt out who has or has not done something and or what i would consider slightly more advanced model changing techniques outright.. at least keep it to a pm or something of the sort.
    Keep advanced techniques to pms?

Firstly, DBC editing is now public /cheer

Secondly, Secrets don't make friends

I say blurt away and lets get this forum full of people with the knowledge to do crazy stuff.

Fishy80's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

/agree, and BTW i'm not requesting that anyone do this for me, if you do, I wont use it, I'm trying to learn how to do this stuff myself... and ty demo for that, and "somethingcool525" who are you but another member, to tell anyone else what to do? are we supposed to care what you consider slightly more advanced or what you personally want kept secret? this is a community, not some place to show off, fill requests, but keep methods to yourselfs

/edit OHH crap, I got confused, the sub forum is there saying "ask questions and blah blah" I got confused, wont happen again, srry
    Last edited by Fishy80; 08-26-2006 at 01:39 AM.

Krazzee's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol i am torn between the feeling i have that techniques that are advanced shouldn't be ALL public especially DBC, and the fact that i love mmowned and i want everyone to know the secrets >.<

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

see, I have thought about that, and why they would want to keep them secret, and as it does make sense, the same thing keeps poping into my head, I want to become that good... and It wont ever happen without some kind of help.../idea of what I need to do

Krazzee's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the reason we are half and half is because if we let everyone know, then we let blizz know too. and that is what sucks its the eternal dilemma, we and nogg-aholic have different ideals, mmowned believes it should be public while it can be, and nogg-aholic believes that it should be a secret. It sucks to be torn between both ideals lol.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea, but maybe just not give out everything 100%... I mean, All I needed was that little tip that it was in the DBC's and im flying on a drake

LightWave's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats cool i wanna turn my gryphon in to a flying machine lol but a drake is cool to hehe

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At this point its simply an attempt to look out for my fellow modelchangers , You take it as an attack but really I WAS attempting point out a very obvious point that it is going to be nerfed at this rate. Since when it all gets nerfed I will still have the knowledge to be able to model change, as will many others but for those having it hand fed to them, they will NEVER be able to get it on their own and in many cases at all. Its not a matter of telling someone how to or not in the post I made it was a post saying use some kind of common sense as to not just say " HEY! We found out how to do it! Nerf this way asap!" By all means offer help, but use some form of discretion (sp). In any case we all had to learn from someone or something, so obviously I have to support the teachings of others, however it is people like you who make me regret this knowledge being public. Whether you love or hate my thoughts on it, its reality. If you have any doubts get ahold of BC beta and try to open it in MWCS and find me a new .m2 let alone model change.
    GG my appologies for the rant, and rude comments.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll try to do so, Doubt ill be able to get ahold of the beta, but I'm willing to try,

you regret teaching others, because w/e it is may get patched, but everything will get patched sooner or later.. (well usually, i mean this IS blizzard...) but still, like somone said in another post, better to have 100's of people enjoying it, than the 30-40 of you till it gets patched....I mean, how great is it to just show off to everyone what YOU can do, and have them all wanting you to teach them , then thinking your a complete ass for not doing so?... the people over at nogg pretty much wont teach ya anything... the people here dont WANT you to learn anything if it means they may lose something(by that I mean you)... and then there are the rest who are learning, or want to learn over here and there screwed because nobody wants to give up the secret....

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again you keep saying I dont want you to teach people, If you read the post in depth it in no way shape of form EVER said "Dont teach people." So first and foremost please stay on topic with what i actually said. Second, It was merely a post saying keep the MORE advanced stuff MORE private.. Modelchanging is everywhere on the net now a days, So only 40 people knowing is just not reality. It has very little to do with keeping it hidden, but more so of keeping it documented. You realize you increase your chances of a nerf coming about 50% when it is documented and people can easily pull it up at any time. Along with people saying "You can use the Dark Portal Modelchange to Cheat in AB!" Those types of comments are where the nerfs become manditory versus just when they get around to fixing it. Wallwalking died, Why? Because people used it to exploit in BG and PvP not for exploration purposes or for personal entertainment. And yes it was a blue that made that post not my warped preception. So I suppose in some matter I must look like an "Ass" Because i didnt want you to make it nerfed that much faster, so that more people could enjoy it for a few weeks instead of a just keeping it SLIGHTLY more on the downlow and allowing the masses to know just that much longer... My appologies to you and everyone in this community for caring in any way about the opposite end of the spectrum.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree I cant stand the kind of people who use the model changing and stuff for pvp exploit purposes, I think it should be kept as an exploration thing, but people will do what people will do, and I wasnt talking about just plain model changing being what you didnt want to teach, I mean the more advanced methods that you just said
    Second, It was merely a post saying keep the MORE advanced stuff MORE private..
    the more advanced stuff is what people (well at least me) dont know, and want to learn, but if you make it more private, how will people like me ever learn? I dont think I'm anyone special, so I wouldnt PM you asking you because what would I get? the same thing I would get if I asked on the forum...

(nothing)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast