0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

World of Warcraft: Model Edit

Not sure if this is the correct place for this or if it should go here at all but heres my idea.
    This is a HUGE project but I know that with a little work it can be done.
    Basically my idea is to get the MPQ's and extract them into their basic files. From there I am going to recreate the Whole game into a new version. Basically I will make a new video game all together; using Only World of Warcraft files. By doing this I can make a server easily and re-create the world into a new client. My reasoning behind this is things like the PvP system back in Classic World of Warcraft are missed greatly by me but also the new Achievement system is also great! By creating a new client it will allow me to use what ever pieces of the game I want. With this I can then have multiple instances of the server with a Pre-Cataclysm Area and a Post-Cataclysm zone. Basically I can create the game in a way Blizzard never could. My idea is to use all of Blizzards textures and models but redesign the way the game is made, so I can have the old PvP system in the game but also have the new Achievements and Flying mounts in Azeroth. With a recreated Client that does not run on Blizzards limited design I can change the world as I feel needed. Another benefit of this is the server side. I don't have to tailor the Server to fit the client, I change both at the same time which will reduce bugs in the system by almost 100% as fast as possible. If anyone would like to join this project it would be greatly appreciated as it will be quite difficult to change things like Blizzards .adt map files into hight-maps and texture files which I see as the best way to recreate it.
    If your interested in this project just let me know and I am open for help and suggestions. I realize this is a HUGE project but I beleive with a little help I can have it finished by sometime next year.
    ( End of Wall of Text)

World of Warcraft: Model Edit
    rchy's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know how to do any model editing of anything like that, but I will test the client as soon as it's finished. Sounds cool.

But I don't think there should be any flying in Azorath with the old PvP system cus people will just fly away.
    The meaning of life is..?

Jlk18000's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, Its not so much as the model editing... I placed it into this forum because I felt it belonged here the most. I mostly just need a way to try to get the .adt files into something a bit more standard. I'm sure I could program it into using .adt files but attempting that would use up a lot more time than trying to find a conversion method. Such as mini-maps... The file type they are in is easily converted into a .jpg fairly easily with a little coding. Im really hoping to find some people to assist with this project. Its quite a bit of work. It shouldn't be to difficult when I have the WoW files into a usable format. After that its just placing a into b.

Also. The Flying in Azeroth thing shouldent effect the old world PvP system. By old PvP system I mean the old Ranking system... Such as Scout==>Grunt==> so on and so forth system... I enjoyed that much more than the boring new PvP system so I was thinking of implanting it back into the new Client. I'm mostly just going to put old features and new features of WoW together into one great client. Blizzard has progressed into a whole new game... So I figured I'd help Blizzard out and show them how to do it! Pretty funny that I ( hoping here) will be making a whole new game! Im using there own work against them to make something they don't have the brains to do!

baichii's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll gladly test it out if you get it finished or even to an Beta version. Also Good luck!

Herbalism's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't even attempt it. Join someone who is almost finished: MadameGrip @ World of Xaeorn

'Nuff said

MadameGrip's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would NOT recommend starting projects like this, ezcool entertainment has been working on it for 8 months now, and we're not even halfway.. And we are some quiet experienced people within the team.

Also you say "with a little work" - I spend 6-7 hours a day, Don't ever think you can go easy around this kind of project, it's even more stressful than you think.

Recreating the game like i'm doing. Is actually pretty ****ing insane. And I certainly respect blizzard now that i've seen how much work it requires. So no Don't you think it's easy.

Not only is xaeron a redesigned world. But there are over 12.000 Achievements to be redone. Thousands of quests. And NPC's.

Good luck.. But I hardly think you'll even WANT to finish it when you see how much it requires.

dasde's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds like a great project, but doing this alone would be a BIG! task. Eventually join some of the ongiong projects like ModCraft, World of Xaeron or Forge-WoW.

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Modcraft is just a forum

schlumpf's Avatar Retired Noggit Developer

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Modcraft was more than a forum once, MadameGrip.

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by schlumpf View Post
    Modcraft was more than a forum once, MadameGrip.
    I know, And I also know that horrible leadership resulted in the way it went.. Such as.. Just a forum now :P

schlumpf's Avatar Retired Noggit Developer

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In case you missed it: I did not lead modcraft at all. In case you were aiming for that.

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never mentioned that

Herbalism's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sad thing Modcraft closed though, it was one of the most epic things that I've seen in my entire life.

'Nuff said

Jlk18000's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I was actually not aware that there where other projects involved in recreation of WoW. It's such an absurd idea I would never have thought to search for it! I will take a look at the other projects out there; but I still think I may create my own. Theres just little minor details that bother me and with other projects I can't control those. Also I have already made an entire engine to power it; I made an engine for a project I was going to make; Test A.I.s and such but I still have the basic engine laying around that I saved for future projects not relating to the subject and the engine is pretty powerful so I'd like to see a Hard-core project go into trying to make it. But sure, I'll check the other projects out but still If anyone is interested in helping out I'd love for some help!

Garneth's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by MadameGrip View Post
    I would NOT recommend starting projects like this, ezcool entertainment has been working on it for 8 months now, and we're not even halfway.. And we are some quiet experienced people within the team.

Also you say "with a little work" - I spend 6-7 hours a day, Don't ever think you can go easy around this kind of project, it's even more stressful than you think.

Recreating the game like i'm doing. Is actually pretty ****ing insane. And I certainly respect blizzard now that i've seen how much work it requires. So no Don't you think it's easy.

Not only is xaeron a redesigned world. But there are over 12.000 Achievements to be redone. Thousands of quests. And NPC's.

Good luck.. But I hardly think you'll even WANT to finish it when you see how much it requires.
    Madame, that sounds amazing. Will you have open beta when you do eventually consider it testable?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast