Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Model Swap] Easy Node

(info)

I changed the models for nodes after my friend asked me if there was something I could do to help him. He has both herb and mine and says its a PITA for him so I made this for him. Figured id throw it up here for anyone who might find it useful. This is for all mine and herb nodes.

From some range

Mining some copper.

Don't know how high it really goes but no matter where I put the cursor it will show the node tool-tip.

Download:
    Rapidshare - RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting
    Mediafire - easy node.rar
    Filefront - easy_node.rar - FileFront.com

[Model Swap] Easy Node
    Wabakuzi's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This will get you banned, under the apparent "malicious" model swaps. ALA Warsong Gate -> Small pebble.

Varu's Avatar Knight-Captain
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Won't get you banned if you stand close enough to the mine to make it look like your close enough to mine it, only trouble with these edits is that if its too big it will sometimes bug out and let you mine a mile away, just have to be carefull.

d1am0ndz's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't get to test it alot (only have a few very very low chars on wow atm) but when I did a few (5) copper mines I had to be at the location (e.g. pic 2)where I would have if the node wasn't changed. So If anyone uses or tests and has any different experience please let me know. Forgot to mention friend says works fine so far as well. But with any edit like this if you use it smart you'll be ok.
    Last edited by d1am0ndz; 06-06-2008 at 06:06 PM.

AZO's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmm and why do we have to use model edit fixes nao?

................. this is a bad edit. grats on learning hao to swap. but bad because it goes against everything the good model editors stand for.

PewPewBoom's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by AZO View Post
    hmmm and why do we have to use model edit fixes nao?

................. this is a bad edit. grats on learning hao to swap. but bad because it goes against everything the good model editors stand for.
    QQ more.

As for the edit, it's "meh". Sure it allows you to see it from a mile away, but it's still rather pointless.

Dethday's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The biggest point is that you can "track" both mining and herb nodes, something you can't do without the edit, as long as you still have to be in normal range you should never get caught (unless you flap your gums) and I'm ok with it.

Patchumz's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +Rep just cuz it'll help me with my noob gathering.. and you tried contributing.

Hock's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is one of those edits that should be advised against. It's in the same category as editing other objects for your advantage or exploitation like for example, editing the Netherwing Eggs to those giant Thorn Roots in the Barrens. If you use, just be careful.
    I saw a girl with "GUESS" on her shirt. I said "fake?". She slapped me......

d1am0ndz's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As dethday said its so you can basically track both at the same time without having to switch between trackers or go to marked spawns (like gatherer mod) and hope for a node. As well as being able to see them better (sungrass for example) When I tried mining the copper it would only let me mine in the normal range that it would if the model was not switched. If I tried to put my cursor at the top it wouldn't let me again only the range of the regular node. I would advise not telling people you use it if you do because it does have an obvious advantage as others have mentioned.

Azo I understand what you are saying but I mean no harm with this edit if you have taken it that way I apologize. I just figured I would put it out there for others in case they found it useful. Fell free to check my other edits im sure you might enjoy them :P

telarmago's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by PewPewBoom View Post
    QQ more.

As for the edit, it's "meh". Sure it allows you to see it from a mile away, but it's still rather pointless.
    You're worthless. Posts like these just give Blizzard all the more reason to ban model editers. Instead of letting us peacefully add aesthetic modifications to our game, we'll be banned because of exploits like this node exploit. Shameful.

exor123's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can somebody pls tell me how to get the mpq file to work? i have got Warcraftstudio but i dont know how to use it, pls help me or post a guide or something, Thank u and sorry for the bad english

PewPewBoom's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by telarmago View Post
    You're worthless. Posts like these just give Blizzard all the more reason to ban model editers. Instead of letting us peacefully add aesthetic modifications to our game, we'll be banned because of exploits like this node exploit. Shameful.
    Hate to break it to you, but Blizzard sees all edits as Model Editing. They don't analyze files and say "Wow, this is a very artistic custom model, and it doesn't hurt anyone. We're not gonna ban him/her". So that argument is rather pointless. In fact, they still look down upon aesthetic changes. Why? IT'S THEIR FILES, they don't want you messing around with their hard work, this is why it really doesn't matter if you're using say a race change, or a BG exploiting edit. The only difference between the two, is the BG edit is probably going to get you noticed more. Furthermore, this isn't even my edit, so why are you calling ME worthless?

On a final note, "QQ more".