0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hunter vs <Class> Guide

Alright i've been playing a Hunter for around a year now and have learnt a few tips and strats the I commonly use in PvP. I decided i'd share it with you guys. This is my 1st guide here so enjoy it .

NOTE: The following comes from a Marksman/Beast Master PoV. I always have my pet out annoying the target, so keep that in mind.

Hunter vs Warrior

Difficulty:***

Alright Warriors can be a pain. But they all tend to use the same strat which you can use to your advantage. The trick is to get the drop on them. If they charge you 1st your chances of winning are dramatically reduces (unless your nicely geared, lots of points in Survival and they have crap gear).

The warrior, as always will open up with Charge. If your dueling, just when the timer hits '1' lay a frost trap. The Warrior will get the 2sec stun on you, but he will get moved back into the trap. Once he's in it you can Aimed shot him and conc shot. He will most likely go Beserker stance (if he isnt already) and slap you with intercept stun. Once he's in your face slap a Wing clip on him and FD + Trap. Remeber if your pets attacking him at this time spam Passive until pet stops attacking. Make sure you FD trap quick before he hits you which will killl it, and eventually you.

Once again, Aim shot him, multi shot and arcane shot. If Wing clips off conc shot, if it isnt conc shot when it does. Intercept should still be on Cooldown so now you just have to try Aspect of Cheetah and kite him. Eventuallu he will get back into combat and from here your going to have to melee out. FD and Trap once again if it's cooled down.

That's my basic strat, and usually I get them down a fair way or dead. Results may vary but just play around with strats until you get something that seems to work best.

Hunter vs Warlock
    Difficulty: ****½

Argh Warlocks... These guys are bitches to say the least. I dont really have a decent strat against these guys cause they usually own me so fast .

There are one or two things that you can do to help this fight, but not much. Here's what I recommend:

If your in a duel, run right up to his face and pop a freezing trap and hopefully he'll get frozen. Make sure you do this at about 1 second timer. If successful you've got a chance at least. If not try scatter shot him, then aim shot. If frozen aim shot, multishot, arcane shot, serpent sting as fast as you can before he gets his inevitable fear off. When he fears pop your trinket (if you have it. If you dont, your pretty much screwed). Once broken out, do as much burst damage as you can to get him down. Dont bother with Viper sting, the trick is to get him dead asap.

Your pet should be on him the whole time to interupt his casting, so keep your pet on him. After your hopefully second burst damage, he'll no doubt fear you again. At this there's nothing much you can do. You'll just have to accept the fear unless you've got something else that can break it. Trick is to get him down asap with burst ranged damaged. Scatter shot when it pops, and blow every cooldown.

Good luck!

Hunter vs Mage
    Difficulty:****½

Yuck Mages. They're almost as bad as warlocks, can be worse at times. If they get poly off 1st, your done for. Trick is to scatter shot him here and do burst damage like the warlock. Dont bother with Viper sting, you'll prolly be dead by the time even one has finished ticking. After you've bursted him, he'll blink and get between your Melee and Ranged range. If he does this 1st, just scatter shot just as he's about to bolt you. If Frost Nova wears off FD + Trap and burst him as much as you can.

Nothing special to this fight, just get him down asap as with the Warlock. Once again, good luck.

Hunter vs Rogue
    Difficulty:

Ahh Rogues. Gotta love em as a Hunter. If they get the jump on you, you might be in trouble. Your just gonna have to Fd Trap when stunlock wears off, move out, mark him and burst damage him. Put on Aspect of cheetah and just kite him the way. A Wing clip helps here. He may use sprint, beware of this, spam scatter shot when he does. Then move out and burst him. ALWAYS mark him asap, because of his vanish.

If you get the drop, you've won pretty much. I beat the highest geared Rogue on my server while I was wearing Blues and Greens no trouble you just gotta make sure you get the drop for high geared rogues. Spam Flare, and sit on your traps (they can usually see these easy but hopefully not).

Pretty easy, hunters are born to kill rogues, shouldnt have much trouble at all.

Hunter vs Paladin

Paladins are a wierd one. The trick is to keep mana or your dead. I choose to kite and Viper Sting till he's out. The only thing he can do is Hammer of Justice. This is a pain in the ass, your stunned for 12 seconds, and there aint nothing you can do about it. Once this is over, Wing Clip then FD Trap and kite him till his mana's down with Viper. Just KEEP mana, slowly wear him down, use his trick against him. Dont burst, just Conc shot and Viper sting. Nothing much to it. If he's holy watch out for Holy Wrath (blast). When your low hp FD Trap and bandage.

There are things he can do, but not much. Just turn his tactic of wearing you down around back on him.

Hunter vs Priest

Casters are evil, nothing much you can do about it. Priests are just as bad as Mages and Locks really. You'll be wasting burst damage on their shield while they burn you down, fear you and dot you.

Trinket on Howl of Terror, and just keep your pet on him and you bursting him to interrupt spell casting. Nothing much else I can say. Wish you luck for this fight.

Hunter vs Hunter

A gear dependent fight. You'll prolly do the same thing to each other. Trap each other's pets or (in one of my cases) we trapped each other . That's a tip. If dueling run up to him and trap him. He'll prolly do the same. If he sends his pet to attack you, accept it. That means your out of trap and he isnt. Send your pet onto his pet and aim shot + burst while he's frozen.

Nothing much else. Just whoever's got the better gear really.

Hunter vs Druid

Difficulty:****

Druids are annoying, they can cure a lot of things and they can get you into close combat better than a Warrior can. Honestly I havnt fought druids much so I cant say much. Just use similar tactics to Warrior. Trap him when/if he charges you, and try Viper him down, because he heals. I cant say much so just try to improvise.

Good Luck.

Hunter vs Shaman

Similar to Druids. Shaman are bitches. He will open with Frost Shock then come wack ya. Just FD Trap him and back off and burst damage him. Multishot destory his totems asap. And Viper sting him (Shaman have like the worst mana pool out of any class). They'll take you down quick though and will most liekly be wacking you with their Unstoppable Force.

Dont have much exp with them as an Alliance char so more luck to you with them.

I hope this helped some of ya, good luck with your PvPing!

EDIT:

Playing with your Target:

As a Hunter this is a great thing to do to your opponent. This works great in 1v1 where you have a lot of space to run around. So what am I meaning here? Simple. I often do this to people guarding a flag in AB and it gets them pissed off pretty fast. So it's very important to keep Aspect of the Cheetah up and stay as far away from your target as possible.

NOTE: This works best on players with mana pools. But can work with Warriors and Rogues if done with skill, and you know what your oponents going to do.

Anyway! The aim of this is to get within the 41 yard range of your Bow and spam Viper or Serpent Sting. As soon as it's shot, run back as fast as you can with Cheetah until your opponent runs back to defend. Now, do it again! Hopefully your original Sting has his hp/mana still down then shoot him again and run back. After about the second one, that persons gonna chase you down. So remember you can always FD + Mount and run.

This is also great to use vs Paladins. Your only real danger vs Paladins is their Hammer of Justice (12 second Stun) and Holy Wrath. Apart from that just kite them around and keep Viper Sting up at all times, and they cant do **** about it :P. This will make for one angry Paladin.
    Last edited by husky003; 09-27-2006 at 08:37 PM.

Hunter vs &lt;Class&gt; Guide
    raamoz's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Hunter vs <Class> Guide

nice stuff man. im a hunter myself. but not a PvPer. so i can learn a little from this. +rep

wno's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hunter vs Mage

Yuck Mages. They're almost as bad as warlocks, can be worse at times. If they get poly off 1st, your done for. Trick is to scatter shot him here and do burst damage like the warlock. Dont bother with Viper sting, you'll prolly be dead by the time even one has finished ticking. After you've bursted him, he'll blink and get between your Melee and Ranged range. If he does this 1st, just scatter shot just as he's about to bolt you. If Frost Nova wears off FD + Trap and burst him as much as you can.

Nothing special to this fight, just get him down asap as with the Warlock. Once again, good luck.

yeah yeah u forgot blastwave / iceblock / coldsnap / pom ?

TheFreak's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by husky003
    Hunter vs Shaman[/U][/B]

Similar to Druids. Shaman are bitches. He will open with Frost Shock then come wack ya. Just FD Trap him and back off and burst damage him. Multishot destory his totems asap. And Viper sting him (Shaman have like the worst mana pool out of any class). They'll take you down quick though and will most liekly be wacking you with their Unstoppable Force.

Thanks to BreakDown for the above signature
    Become a donator today and get access to the awesomeness OwnedCore.com has to offer!

Tory's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    19/11
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an addition to it:

ALL CLASSES:
    Start with frost trap, freeze them, aimed/mutli shot, then feign death and retrap them, aimed/multi again.

They will definetly be dead by now..

Nice guide overall, except if I am a rogue and I get the jump on the hunter, I will win 100% of the time. I open with Cheap Shot, pause after the stun breaks to see if they feign death.. as soon as I notice them start to do the death animation, I pop my gyrofreeze trink.. the hunter gets his own frost trap, then I stealth, re-open cheap shot, continue stun lock from there. That with an addition of crip poison, the hunters are free honor.
    Last edited by Tory; 09-22-2006 at 02:15 PM.
    [RETIRED] MMOwned.com Co-Founder & Developer

nozzie's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I and me heart you and +rep

Shaljin's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re-trapping is nub.

-Shaljin

Adamvandyke2's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

um as a rogue i could beat a 60 hunter at lvl 51 with complete stunlocking and now at 60...its even easier....

Tory's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    19/11
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Adamvandyke2
    um as a rogue i could beat a 60 hunter at lvl 51 with complete stunlocking and now at 60...its even easier....
    Hunters should never be full stunlocked, they can trink out of stun, feign death/trap most rogues.
    [RETIRED] MMOwned.com Co-Founder & Developer

Adamvandyke2's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Tory
    Hunters should never be full stunlocked, they can trink out of stun, feign death/trap most rogues.
    i never knew that, the ones i fight must be nubs then, i'll try fighting a teir 1/2 then see what happens

husky003's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UPDATE!

Added; Playing with your Target

Ginhern's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hunter trinket does not dispell fear.....that is the rogue one. If you are speaking of Insignia trinkets, that is.
    There's a sucker born every minute....