Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Controlling your Auction House (Investment needed)

Hello Everyone! This is a post on how to raise the prices of your most precious item you farm (Primal Airs, Adamantite Ore, etc.). You are going to need a large investment depending on the item you are selling.

We are going to use Primal Earth for this example. Primal Earth's go for 4g on my server. Let's say I have 15 Primal Earth's and I want to sell them for 6g instead.

1) First log on at a slower time of day, you do not want many of your items on the AH.

2) Buy up all the Primal Earth's under 7g.

3) Put up some of the Primal Earth's for 1s less than the one you stopped at.

4) If all goes according to plan, people will probably undercut you to around 6g. If you are lucky the prices will stick there and you can continue to sell for 6g.

Tidbit from koenigsegg....

"I've used this strategy alot and on many items and it's a really nice way to gain gold. But it really need you to spend time at AH because the second someone place the same item at AH for less gold you need to buy it or someone else will and you'll lose that fight.
    I would say do this on items that isn't to many of at AH, but still very attractive in selling value. Like Fel Armaments as one example, same for all primals (maybe not Earth, so easy to farm them and you'll most likely need to check for other sellers every 5 minutes)."

Another tidbit from specialguy92

"Make sure that you can sell the item for at LEAST 5% more than what the original (before you buy all of them out) price was. If you don't increase the price by 5%, your profit on all the ones you bought out to raise the price is eaten up by AH fees."
    Last edited by PuFFFF; 03-05-2008 at 06:49 PM.

Controlling your Auction House (Investment needed)
    koenigsegg's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there

I've used this strategy alot and on many items and it's a really nice way to gain gold. But it really need you to spend time at AH because the second someone place the same item at AH for less gold you need to buy it or someone else will and you'll lose that fight.
    I would say do this on items that isn't to many of at AH, but still very attractive in selling value. Like Fel Armaments as one example, same for all primals (maybe not Earth, so easy to farm them and you'll most likely need to check for other sellers every 5 minutes).

PuFFFF's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok I added that tidbit in there. Thanks for the info!

Vindusvisker's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice!

Thanks for the guide, very helpful. Time to grind i guess.

ua_darkside's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pretty basic market control technique that's actually used in real life but cool all the same.

extraspecial's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    another note:

Make sure that you can sell the item for at LEAST 5% more than what the original (before you buy all of them out) price was. If you don't increase the price by 5%, your profit on all the ones you bought out to raise the price is eaten up by AH fees.

PuFFFF's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the comments guys. Just trying to contribute to this awesome site.

krober1490's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the guide i will do this once i get some money. just bought my epic mount

PuFFFF's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To add on. I like to do this either Tuesday when the servers come back up or during odd hours of the day. Less stuff to buy = easier time setting price.