0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ultamite Fishing Guide

This was a Very Easy way to level up Fishin

(i did it like this in 2 days!)

Here is how u do it =D :

Lvl 1-75
    : fish the **** outta the n00b zone. You can do the whole thing in less than an hour. Just make sure you start by adding Shiny Baubles to your pole every 10 minutes for the first 30 minutes. Now, every n00b zone fishing trainer has a fishing supplies vendor or a Trade goods vendor very nearby who sells cooking recipes. You get the recipe for Brilliant Smallfish or Slitherskin Mackerel. Cooking just the fish you catch will get your cooking skill above 50, which is a necessity before moving on the the next zone.

Lvl 50-125 (yes, there is some overlap here) fish in the zone following your race’s transition zone. Horde go to Ratchet or the Silverpine coast, Alliance, fish Loch Moden, Darkshore or the Westfall coast. Make sure you buy the recipe for either Longjaw Mud Snapper or Rainbow fin Albacore, these are the lvl50 cooking recipes necessary for further skill-ups. Again, the recipes are always available in or near the town closest to the waters in which you can catch the fish. At some time, you will start to catch Bristle Whisker Catfish, which requires cooking lvl 100. If you are not to the right level yet, save the fish until your cooking catches up by cooking the Albacore/Mudsnappers you are also catching. This is the last time your fishing will be ahead of your cooking.
    Further, in the second zones mentioned, you will start to catch Oily Blackmouth and Firefin Snapper, fish you can’t cook, but which are “money fish” meaning that you can sell them on AH for sometimes big profit. At one time, Oily’s were bringing 15s. each in IF. When I was learning the economy, way back when I was a n00b, I made my first (smallish) fortune just selling Oily Blackmouth and Firefin Snapper which I had caught using a fish-bot, which I have since abandoned.
    Also, for you adventurous Allies, the Money fish of all money fish, Deviates can be caught at this level. If you wanna venture into The Barrens for fishing, go for it. My PvE server often has hated Alliance fishermen in the sacred Horde treasure fishing holes. Sometime, I have taken my NE hunter into Wailing Caverns just for the fishing. Inside the instance, Deviates drop twice as often as outside, however, there are no schools like you find in Lushwater Oasis.
    One word parenthetically here. Darnassus, Stormwind, Thunder Bluff and Orgrimmar all have waters you can fish. These waters drop a few Smallfish, lots of Longjaws and some Bristle Whiskers. The spread on the fish levels is too great to rely on the city fishing to get too far cooking, but if you are in town with some time on your hands, you can always drop a line for some skill ups.

Lvl 100-175 Take your pick of zones. The rule of thumb I use is that the third fishing zone will give you the fish which you can eat when cooked which are appropriate for lvl 25-35 characters. Your cooking will be the BristleWhiskers and Tangy clam meat from the Small clams from the sea in the 20-something zones. Also, at this level, you should consider fishing the river in Hillsbrad Foothills., Decrepit Ferry in Silverpine, Mirkfallon Lake in Stonetalon Mts and Mystral Lake in Ashenvale for Sage Fish. You can cook these at skill lvl 80, from recipes sold by every cooking supply vendor and will get health and mana from eating them, plus a super buff for mana users of 3 mana per second for 15 minutes. The sagefish are only caught from the swirls which denote schools of fish. After catching 4-5 fish, the school dissipates and you have to move on the the next. This activity breaks up the monotony of fishing and provides you with a mess of food which your mana users will cherish.

Lvl 150-225 Any where you like, my dear, except Tanaris, Feralas and Azshara. You will be catching Mithril Head Trout and Rockscale Cod, which require a cooking skill level of 175, but which come in abundance now because you are catching 5-6 fish per skill point and don’t need to worry about having enough. Recipes are found here and there, keep an eye peeled whenever you are near a vendor along the seacoast. Also, at this level, you will want to be fishing the Lake in Stranglethorn and the south shore of Lake Loerderon for Greater Sagefish. Same benefits as the regular ones, but more of it and it takes a cooking level of 175 and the recipe is from the same vendor which sold you the junior Sagefish recipe. If you fish the coasts in zones from Dustwallow and Stranglethorn and higher, you will also be catching Spotted Yellowtail, which are the money fish after your master quest. You need skill level 225 to begin cooking them and you will get skillups all the way to 300 from them.
    Quest time:
    Look it up. The fishing quest takes you all over the world and is time consuming because of the travel. The cooking quest is a gimme after you get the Large Eggs. The Clams you need for it will be falling among the fish you are catching.

Lvl 225+ Time for payback! Over half the fish you catch on your way to 300 will be caught after you become a Master Fisherperson. Your skill is high enough, with bait, to catch the granddaddy of money fish, the Stonescale Eel. It is only available in Tanaris, Feralas and Azshara. The drop rates average 10-15% and the rest of the time you will be catching mostly Yellowtail; Big Clams (10-15%), with their chance for Black, Lustrous or Golden Pearl drops; and some other fish thrown in. The cooking recipe for Yellowtail, btw, is from the goblin vendor in Steamwheedle Port, Tanaris. Also, I have found a small market for cooked Yellowtail. It gives 1335 health points on eating and sometimes fetches 40-50s. per stack on AH. The fish vendors charge 80s. for a stack and some players appreciate the discount, which is all profit to you, albeit not a big one because folks just do not go to AH to buy food. The only better food is the Lobster Stew which gives 2148 health, but the lobster is only caught off the shores of Azshara with a minimum fishing skill of 400! (your maxxed out 300 plus Aquadyamic Fish Attractors).
    Last edited by BrightChild; 12-16-2006 at 10:13 PM.

Ultamite Fishing Guide
    Heftydogg's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    2/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Ultamite Fishing Guide

Nice guide, must have taken a long time to write up, thanks for the tips, although a fishing bot did most of my work. =D

omgwhokillme's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Innerspaces Auto-fish did it for me!

Altf4's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to clear things up, the poster did not write this guide.

shattered.ice's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fishbot FTW. Nice guide though