7/11
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Faster Lovely Charm As Hunter in Scarlet Monastery

As you know,you can afk farm in Scarlet Monastery as Hunter.Killing Scarlet Centurion and Scarlet Flamethrower then aggroing the piles.This is all we know.
    You can't set pet as Aggressive as it will destroy piles but what I noticed is that if you put your pet as Defensive and farm that way,it's kinda slow even it is afk farm,up to the point 1 charm every 20 seconds.I'm not sure if all hunters have this problem,but I had to find a way to farm faster.
    So I made this macro

/tar Scarlet Flamethrower
    /tar Scarlet Centurion
    /tar Zombified Corpse
    /petattack
    /cast Kill Command
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

What it does ?
    -It targets Scarlet Centurion and Flamethrowers and command your pet to attack them as they respawn after a few hours.
    -It targets Zombified Corpses manually and command pet to attack immediately instead of waiting your pet to attack them.
    -Added Kill Command to make things faster and dump some Focus.

All you need is a Keypresser or a script to make it automated,so that is up to you what you use.One which works in background is much better so you can do other things while farming.
    Put this macro in your skillbar and select macro's hotkey in Keypresser.Interval in the key repeat is up to you(I use 1500 MS)
    Also Blink Strikes talent helps a lot.Use preferably Beast Master spec and Spirit Beast.
    This is my first topic in guide section and any feedback is appreciated.
    Last edited by husobaba1903; 02-16-2016 at 09:20 AM.

Faster Lovely Charm As Hunter in Scarlet Monastery
  2. Thanks Kenneth, jumperu, Domo Kun (3 members gave Thanks to husobaba1903 for this useful post)
    TehVoyager's Avatar I just love KuRIoS
    Thanks G/R
    85/470
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this includes external programs. as such should be under bots n programs really, imo.

also, the SM spots been posted like 3 or 4 times already this year alone. coming up with new variants of the same old nonsense isn't a new guide.

However, thanks for actually writing out a guide unlike some people who make a 5 min video to explain the simplest concept

(don't post things I post to Patreon.)

4. Thanks ev0, Kenneth (2 members gave Thanks to TehVoyager for this useful post)
    miece's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    7/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi what keypresser do you recommend?

PassionSTAR's Avatar Active Member

Thanks G/R
    5/56
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by miece View Post
    hi what keypresser do you recommend?
    If you're using ms windows, which should be the operating system of most of us, you can simply use an internal ms tool called microsoft script host and you dont need an third party tool. For this you just need to make sure windows script host is activated on your machine and you can run easy scripts.

Here is my code for the current example:
    Code:
    Option Explicit

Dim fsShell, i

Set  fsShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

' Sleep for 10 seconds
    WScript.Sleep 10000

' enter the running count here
    For i=1 To 9600
      fsShell.SendKeys "G"
      WScript.Sleep 1500
    Next

WScript.Echo "script ended."
    Just make a new file with notepad with the extension *.VBS, in my example its named PetFarm.vbs, and insert the code. As alternative you i attached my script into a zip file:PetFarm_new.zip
    For the user without any developer knowhow:
    The script waits 10 seconds after start to make sure the user has enough time to bring WoW in foreground. Then it presses the key G every 1500ms for a amount of 9600 repeats. The count and the key can simply changed in that code.

How do you run it? Insanely easy! Either you double click it (not recommended) or rightclick -> run in command prompt (recommended).
    Why is command prompt better? When starting with double click, its invisible and with newer windows releases its virtually unstoppable beside a reboot, in command prompt you can just close this cmd and the script ends

Hope this might help the one or another
    Last edited by PassionSTAR; 02-16-2016 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Increased the count so it runs 4 hours instead of 25 minutes :)

7. Thanks miece (1 members gave Thanks to PassionSTAR for this useful post)
    Ylts's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/12
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mhh interesting, i used explosive trap to farm, macro to click ever 31 sec..negative part is that your repair bill rises since you're basically tanking the mobs.

PassionSTAR's Avatar Active Member

Thanks G/R
    5/56
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ylts View Post
    mhh interesting, i used explosive trap to farm, macro to click ever 31 sec..negative part is that your repair bill rises since you're basically tanking the mobs.
    I tried this method, even without a macro. Just autoclick explosive trap every 31 sec and it works alot better than the initial macro for me. Somehow when just the pet kills targets, the charm gain is slower than killing by the hunter itself. With pet i got around 300 per hours, with explosive trap its about 500! Even with the small repair bill, the farm and the value of mountselling is far away from the repair bill
    Currently thinking about which of my 100 chars has a similar possiblity with (auto) selfheal and aoe which doesn't affect the hills. Maybe shaman with ae totem + heal totem.Unfortunately my warlock is still 90 and coult be hard

akoranon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is bannable???

miece's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    7/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no not at all. the script only presses 'G' or whatever key you want every few seconds which WoW can't detect. For all blizzard knows is that you are farming the charms manually

x4kep's Avatar Contributor Professional Challenge Mode GOLD Service CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    31/27
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is bannable, you're using a Clicker that is basically clicking one button each say, 3 seconds, you are not the one that's pressing it, so technically it's botting (I know it's not botting but it's simpler to explain that way).

Detectable? Yes. Chances of ban - very unlikely.
    Professional Challenge Mode Carries seller
    If I helped you, you know what to do

AhriTheFox's Avatar Active Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    7/14
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know people who used clickers and got suspended on the next big ban wave so be careful.

I'm pretty sure Blizzard can detect if you press the same button each 3 seconds for like 30 minutes... at least try and put some random intervals between 2 and 4 seconds.

Microdots's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has been fixed because some people got butt hurt over multiboxers doing this with 5 hunters / locks or more.

Ticket about afk farming to a GM.