Changing your Static / Dynamic IP - Alternative to VPN - WoW Ban Prevention Guide menu

User Tag List

Bokutox's Avatar Banned CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    90/65
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Changing your Static / Dynamic IP - Alternative to VPN - WoW Ban Prevention Guide

Hey Guys, Boku here with another Guide to help your World of Warcraft Gaming.

This fit into the WoW Guides section guidelines, aswell as other Forum areas. If i posted in the Wrong Section, my appologies.

QUESTIONS ???? add M ----- Skype = Bokutoxx

Firstly, This guide is meant to help anybody who is in my Current Position, as far as World of Warcraft.

When blizzard starts banning your accounts, for stupid, oblivious, ridiculous reasons, it can be VERY frustrating to cope with. They can " Do what they Want" Meaning, If you are using a "VPN/VPS" or are on a Static IP, which for what ever reason, has had *Negative Gaming* Associated with it, Blizzard very well could just Perma Ban you for even being associated with it.

Sometimes, changing your IP address can solve a lot of problems if your in a position like i am. Hence the reason for me posting this guide !

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------------------------
    -----------------------

Static vs Dynamic IP's,

Static IP's = IP's which are Dormant, and Never Change.

Dynamic IP's = IP's which are changed Overtime within your Device. (Router/Modem)

MAC Address Or, Media Access Controller = is a unique identifier attached to almost most all networking equipment such as Routers, Ethernet cards, Switches/Hubs and other devices.

-----------------------

Lets get started:

Log into your Router's Login Page - This can be very different for MANY people. If you DONT have access to the Back of your Router, you can follow these simple steps to finding your gateway.

Most Gateway Address's are 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 - Simply type that into your WebUrl. and a Login should pop up.

Lynksys Routers - Like Mine - use --- www.routerlogin.net , Followed by your Username and Password ( This is on the back of your Router.)

Finding your Default Gateway:

1) Press Windows Key + R, or click in Search Box and type " CMD "- Command Prompt.

2) Type " ipconfig " -- ipconfig - without Quotations. + hit Enter

3) Search for This set of Numbers ( Wireless LAN etc etc) --------> Changing your Static / Dynamic IP - Alternative to VPN - WoW Ban Prevention Guide-wirless-lan-png

4) Now that we know the IP of your Router, we can Log in.

-----------------------

1) Go to Google, and search " Whats My IP " Be sure to *Print Screen* or Write down your " Current IP" So we know this has worked!

2) After Logging into your Router ----> Changing your Static / Dynamic IP - Alternative to VPN - WoW Ban Prevention Guide-slm9gxc-png <-- Most Routers use the "Username: Admin, Password: password, or 1234

3) You will want to look for the Area within your Router, similar to This ----> Changing your Static / Dynamic IP - Alternative to VPN - WoW Ban Prevention Guide-2sexdlw-png
    *NOTE* - For my Router this Information is under the " Internet " Tab.

4) Once you find your Routers MAC Address, All we want to do, is simply Change the # part of it, Dont bother changing the Letters part unless you know what your doing. Could have negative Side effects Changing the Letters.

5) Example - MAC Address Changed ---> Changing your Static / Dynamic IP - Alternative to VPN - WoW Ban Prevention Guide-yogdz0k-png

6) After you have Changed your MAC Address ( Be sure to COPY, the origional just incase you decide to go back) You want to click the * SAVE SETTINGS * button on your Router.

7) After clicking SAVE, Your router WILL Auto Restart - as its saving the settings.

8 ) After your router has completely finished Saving , the load bar has reached 100%, Manually / Personally - Go to your Router / Modem, and UNPLUG them both.

9) Un Plug your Router / Modem - Wait 10-15 Seconds - dont Unplug and Plug back in, Be sure to Wait 10 Seconds+ or it prob wont save.

10) Exit out of FireFox / IE etc etc , and Re Open in. Go to Google, and google - Whats My IP

11) Your IP is now changed and your Done! Takes 30 Seconds to do now that u know what to do.

** If your Starting IP was say ::: 111.19.44.21, and after doing this Method it could change to::: 111.19.99.123, Or completely change it all

-----------------------

Thanks for Checking out another one of my Guides guys! I hope that this has helped you out in the long run.

Questions? Comments? Ask, I'm Certified so i know a lot about this subject.
    Last edited by Bokutox; 11-04-2014 at 06:40 PM.

Changing your Static / Dynamic IP - Alternative to VPN - WoW Ban Prevention Guide
    Avcai's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    changing the mac of the router usually does not give a new ip, restarting the isp connection does (which is done with restarting/unplugging the router), but there could also be cases where changing mac could affect ip assignment, and that only works if you do not have a static ip assigned by your isp, and the new ip will still be under the same hostname, checking for ban evasion is easy enough
    ^ Above quote is from Maclone, the resident Ownedcore God and Savior, so take this post with a grain of salt.
    Last edited by Avcai; 08-25-2014 at 12:32 AM.

Vengfull's Avatar War is Coming - Warmonger VPS & Hosting Services
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    162/80
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This will not always work due to your ISP' AS range for IP's your easiest way to make sure you not just killing your internet off completely is to just call your ISP, Tell them your under a DOS attack and need a new IP issued. they don't normally question it.

Also remember if your changing your IP on your router make sure your not changing the 192.168.XXX.XXX as this is normally your local range and will not affect your external IP.

Becareful about editing things like Netmask and Gateway as well as mis-config here will kill your net and possibly cause access to your router inaccessible
    Last edited by Vengfull; 08-25-2014 at 12:18 AM.

Bokutox's Avatar Banned CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    90/65
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Vengfull View Post
    This will not always work due to your ISP' AS range for IP's your easiest way to make sure you not just killing your internet off completely is to just call your ISP, Tell them your under a DOS attack and need a new IP issued. they don't normally question it.

Also remember if your changing your IP on your router make sure your not changing the 192.168.XXX.XXX as this is normally your local range and will not affect your external IP.

Becareful about editing things like Netmask and Gateway as well as mis-config here will kill your net and possibly cause access to your router inaccessible
    Aye i mentioned that above..

And i agree with the First comment. however, I was just posting a simple solution which has worked for me in the past.. If you have a Dynamic IP, your IP could change every 1 day, or every 1 Montth depens on the ISP.

If anybody wants to give this a shot, and verify that it works, and i didnt skip a step that would be great.

And yea lol =p I only made this guide because i was Wrongfully IP banned through Blizzard. and they are treating me like a criminal or something so, I just wanted to let eveyone know this is a solution